DVC commercial renters

They were not all BWV.

I will go back to see if I can identify the broker.

The LLC and the owner were easy to find. He is a real estate professional.

He used Cammy for 8 of the 9 and Magic Vacation Title for 1. The owner of the LLC also owns 10 under his own name that he purchased since 2022. I did not bother looking at the points he owns individually but under the LLC he owns 2700. The LLC owns 3 at BWV, 2 at OKW, 1 at BCV, 2 at AKV and 1 at POLY (600 points). Not the same use year.

The 10 he owns under his name are 1 BLT, 2 BWV, 1 AK, 4 SSR and 2 Direct Riviera. All the others are resale.

He has 2 LLC's one uses the Disney name directly.

And before anyone gets upset that I found this information. It is all public information that you just need to Google or use the public record site.
Remember, there are some brokers in our DISBoard filter, so remember if you decide to post it , that you only post the the website address. If it appears on the board starred out, you know it may not be discussed.

Last edited:
The only problem I can see with that stipulation would be their definition of "members family,"' and how they'd enforce it. In my case, I have very few blood relatives left, mostly 2nd cousins, and they aren't Disney fans. I do take close friends, which are for all practical purposes ARE my family. That is not to say that I have never rented out my points, but in 30+ years of ownership, I have only actually rented out some of my points in June of last year on a thread on our Rental board. Other than that everyone who has used my DVC has been close friends, who will inherit all my possessions and property when I eventually leave this earthly realm (hopefully I will outlive my DVC membership, though.) Even my actual blood relatives do not share my last name.
I’d say once in 30 years says all you need to know about your intentions. lol

If Disney was serious about commercial renters, all they would have to do is pick out a handful of the obvious offenders and send them a letter stating that there appears to be a pattern of commercial use and that their membership is under review and is subject to possible action.

News would get out in a hurry. I bet the simple threat would curb a bunch of the serious offenders.

If Disney was serious about commercial renters, all they would have to do is pick out a handful of the obvious offenders and send them a letter stating that there appears to be a pattern of commercial use and that their membership is under review and is subject to possible action.

News would get out in a hurry. I bet the simple threat would curb a bunch of the serious offenders.
Or they could actually enforce the policy that they announced back in 2008. I have never heard even a single report of a reservation not being honored due to this policy.

DVC Members may make as many reservations as they desire. However, if, in any 12-month period, a DVC Member desires to make more than 20 reservations, the DVC Member shall be required to establish, to the satisfaction of the Board, that all of the reservations made by the DVC Member in such 12-month period are for the use of accommodations by the DVC Member, the DVC Member’s family and/or the DVC Member’s friends (collectively, “Personal Use”), and not for commercial purposes. If, in any 12-month period in which a DVC Member attempts to make more than 20 reservations but is unable to establish, to the satisfaction of the Board, that all such reservations are for Personal Use and not for commercial purposes, all reservations in excess of the first 20 reservations shall be presumed to be the use of Vacation Accommodations for commercial purposes in violation of the Declaration and the Membership Agreement (the “Multiple Reservation Rule”).

Enforcement of this policy will be the responsibility of DVC Member Services as follows. For each reservation made by a DVC Member, Member Services shall determine, before confirming the reservation, the number of reservations made by such DVC Member which are occurring or have occurred in any rolling twelve-month period in which the reservation then being made will occur. If, as a result of Member Services’ review of the DVC Member’s reservation history, the reservation the DVC Member is then attempting to make violates the Multiple Reservation Rule and the DVC Member has not established, or cannot then establish that all of the DVC Member’s reservations, including the reservation then being made by the DVC Member, are for Personal Use, DVC Member Services will not honor or confirm the reservation and the DVC Member shall be advised that the reservation violates the Multiple Reservation Rule and the prohibition on use of Vacation Homes for commercial purposes. For reservations canceled for violating this policy, the cancellation shall be deemed to be a cancellation by the DVC Member and the provisions of the Home Resort Rules and Regulations relating to cancellations (including, without limitation, Sections 5(d), 13 and 14) shall apply.

They were not all BWV.

I will go back to see if I can identify the broker.

The LLC and the owner were easy to find. He is a real estate professional.

He used Cammy for 8 of the 9 and Magic Vacation Title for 1. The owner of the LLC also owns 10 under his own name that he purchased since 2022. I did not bother looking at the points he owns individually but under the LLC he owns 2700. The LLC owns 3 at BWV, 2 at OKW, 1 at BCV, 2 at AKV and 1 at POLY (600 points). Not the same use year.

The 10 he owns under his name are 1 BLT, 2 BWV, 1 AK, 4 SSR and 2 Direct Riviera. All the others are resale.

He has 2 LLC's one uses the Disney name directly.

And before anyone gets upset that I found this information. It is all public information that you just need to Google or use the public record site.
Thank you for doing the research and sharing. It's honestly not what I would have expected for a commercial renter, though if you're going to rent, buying 500+ point contracts for a low price per point does seem like the way to go.

As a lawyer, I'm very surprised that anybody can use the Disney name in any corporate entity without their TM lawyers jumping all over it.

I voted my shares against the corporate raider board candidates, but I think if any of the activist investors/raiders/disruptors pay enought attention to the travel habits of Disney families (and bloggers) to learn about commercial rentals they will lean on Disney to start cracking down.

Thank you for doing the research and sharing. It's honestly not what I would have expected for a commercial renter, though if you're going to rent, buying 500+ point contracts for a low price per point does seem like the way to go.

As a lawyer, I'm very surprised that anybody can use the Disney name in any corporate entity without their TM lawyers jumping all over it.

I voted my shares against the corporate raider board candidates, but I think if any of the activist investors/raiders/disruptors pay enought attention to the travel habits of Disney families (and bloggers) to learn about commercial rentals they will lean on Disney to start cracking down.
He registered both LLCs in NJ. The one with the Disney name is not making any purchases that I was able to find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter