DVC Contemporary??

Probably no uglier than the Contemporary itself. It's actually where the one wing is now. I don't care for the high rise look of it, and I'll likely NEVER stay there.

momofprincess said:
I was just looking at this: http://www.disboards.com/showthread...16&page=1&pp=15
and I'm wondering, is it just me, or does this look terrible? Compared to the other DVC resorts, this looks like an apartment building. Wasn't this site where the playground was? I can appreciate the closeness to the MK, but, its ugly!!
One person's "ugly" is someone else's "majestic and stunning".

It doesn't look like other DVC resorts, but it does probably fit in with the Contemporary Resort look and feel. It's not something that we would not buy points at, but maybe stay at one time just to experience it.

It is a bit strange to see the DVC portion of a resort be so prominent. In the other "hotel type" resorts (VWL, BCV, BWV) the DVC resort doesn't overshadow the "main" resort that way.

dianeschlicht said:
Probably no uglier than the Contemporary itself. It's actually where the one wing is now. I don't care for the high rise look of it, and I'll likely NEVER stay there.
Ohhhh. My husband and I stayed there the year we bought DVC. He's in the military and that year (2002) Disney offered a free ticket to a military member. Shades of Green was being remodeled so we got put into the Contemporary at SoG prices. We stayed in the wing (Garden) where the DVC is planned to be built. I must say, our DD loved the water slide at the pool.
Anyway, we took the DVC tour on the last day of our trip and then talked about it all the way home and then called and bought once we got home. (Literally, we got in the house, dropped the kids on the couch and picked up the phone.)

I am not a lover of that "contemporary" look in furnishings or style, so it doesn't appeal to me, but there are folks who love that, so it may very well appeal to them. I think Disney has to build to suit all different tastes. Depending on if they add some really cool futuristic type details, it may end up being a neat place to try, even if it wouldn't necessarily be my favorite resort. I do like the flexibility of being able to stay in many different styles/themes of resort that WDW & the DVC offer.

I rode in a really ugly airplane once, but forgot once I was looking out the window! :smooth:

jade1 said:
I rode in a really ugly airplane once, but forgot once I was looking out the window! :smooth:

:rotfl: That's funny, but a good way to look at it!!!

the big draw of the Cont is where it is located. Now my mother loves the style... but I like the location.

being able to walk back from the MK - when most of the crowds are in line waiting for the ferry, monrail or the buses....

oh that sounds so :stir: :furious: :rotfl:

I know I do it know with the BWV - but Epcot lines at closing are nearly as bad as the MK.... besides once you get out of epcot- your car or bus is right there.

not so with the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter