DVC Fresh Bath Towels

Am I the only one grossed out by the thought of people leaving dirty bath towels in the hallway? As a guest. I wouldn’t like walking past piles of dirty bath towels.

We love having a washer/dryer in our DVC villas. No need to call anyone for towels.

Am I the only one grossed out by the thought of people leaving dirty bath towels in the hallway? As a guest. I wouldn’t like walking past piles of dirty bath towels.

We love having a washer/dryer in our DVC villas. No need to call anyone for towels.
FWIW, as a WM owner I've never seen dirty bath towels sitting in the hallway of any WM resort. So either it doesn't happen very often (most WM units have in-room laundry) or housekeeping is pretty darn quick to take them away.

VERY TRUE! But consider the goal: If you want full control over your own reservations at WDW you might need DVC.
  • If you wish to book either of the DVC properties at Wilderness Lodge in early Dec, you should book using DVC points rather hoping for an exchange from another timeshare.
  • If you wish BWV or BCV in Oct, you should book using DVC points rather than hoping for an exchange from another timeshare.
  • If you wish to book a Treehouse Villa, you should book using DVC points rather than hoping for an exchange from another timeshare.
However ...
  • If you wish SSR at random times of the year ... trading in from another timeshare is a great strategy.
See where I'm going with that? There are different tools for different purposes. DVC and WM are not mutually exclusive. Own some of both, if you wish. (Many of us here do own both.)

Saving money isn't the only goal ... right?? Have fun with what you own but please don't come down on DVC owners for a silly matter of Towel distribution.

To tell you the truth. It would not bother me to get my own towels by the pool. It was just a matter of principle. I whole heartily agree with the rest of your post.

Another massive detonation of the dreaded "towel" topic... So a few thoughts...
1) who cares whether anyone else uses a new towel every day or the same one for an entire week? It's an individual choice and nothing to trouble one's mind over.
2) Children are always walking the air-conditioned halls of the resorts wrapped in pool towels. I'm pretty sure not all of these are returned to the pool area, so MK must have a process in place to deal with the co-mingling of pool and bath towels.
3) It's been my experience that requesting a new set of towels (and expecting to pay, of course) generally gets me more towels than I can use anyway. And often, not always, at no charge.

To tell you the truth. It would not bother me to get my own towels by the pool. It was just a matter of principle. I whole heartily agree with the rest of your post.
My apologies for showing agitation toward your post. I really bristled at the negative comparison against DVC and I am sorry to have allowed it to bug me. In my view both DVC and WM are great products. DVC nailed "location, location, location" for WDW. WM has great locations across the western states and beyond.

I love them both. You might, too ;-)
Come join us ...

So how much money to request extra towels? I’ve never stayed at a dvc before. We rented a studio at okw and check in June 4.

So how much money to request extra towels? I’ve never stayed at a dvc before. We rented a studio at okw and check in June 4.
A towel pack will cost you $6 and you get four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat. At your next service day, they will pick up those towels as well as the ones originally in the villa, so you may want to purchase a second towel pack if you need more. Or you can hide them in the closet and pull them out after they are finished with servicing your villa. Just call Housekeeping and tell them you want to purchase an extra towel pack. They will bring them over to your villa and may or may not charge your room the $6.

In my experience (BWV and Poly) give you 5 towels and wash cloths for the studios that sleep 5.

I was in a BWV studio last week, there were only 4 sets. On Trash & Towel day, they didn’t leave any washcloths, I had to flag down a housekeeper in the hall. I noticed they no longer have the open carts with towels in the hall anymore for housekeeping, they have closed doors.

Regarding complaining about towels, I don’t want increased dues. The way it works is fine, if you want extra you pay for them individually.

I was in a BWV studio last week, there were only 4 sets. On Trash & Towel day, they didn’t leave any washcloths, I had to flag down a housekeeper in the hall. I noticed they no longer have the open carts with towels in the hall anymore for housekeeping, they have closed doors.

Regarding complaining about towels, I don’t want increased dues. The way it works is fine, if you want extra you pay for them individually.
Interesting. We’ve always had 5 at our BWV studio and Poly-guess we’ve just been lucky. I’m sure that if requested they’d provide the 5th towel since the room officially sleeps 5.

Interesting. We’ve always had 5 at our BWV studio and Poly-guess we’ve just been lucky. I’m sure that if requested they’d provide the 5th towel since the room officially sleeps 5.

I only had 2 people, so maybe if you had 5 they would include the extra.

I only had 2 people, so maybe if you had 5 they would include the extra.

Just got home from Bwv studio and had towels for a party of 5. 5 towels, 5 washcloths, 1 mat, 2 hand towels. And all individual tubes of h2o products. Got the same on T&T and full cleaning. We were a party of 2. Left clean towels when we checked out.

We were in a BCV one bedroom last week and I think I found your washcloths. We were only there four nights, so we got Trash & Towel on day four. BCV washcloths.jpg

How much does an extra set pf towels cost? We are staying at AKL Villas with 6 of us in 2 bdrm. Im a clean towel every day type.

How much does an extra set pf towels cost? We are staying at AKL Villas with 6 of us in 2 bdrm. Im a clean towel every day type.
A towel pack costs $6. Four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat.

Launder them in the washer/dryer?

As to the pool towels issue, I bring them up after using the pool. Then, the next day, I'll bring them back down to the pool area and drop them in the dirty towel bin.

Thank you. Not terrible considering the cost of the vacation. We will be doing at least one probably two loads a day so I can wash some bath towels but I really don’t want to waste my vaca doing extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter