DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

Since you have 35 cruises under your belt, how long is the wait for the DVC Member Cruise on phone?

Maybe two hours is the most I have waited to get in with DH and I dialing. It seems to me that the last time it was easier. The call back wasn’t as soon as they said, though.

There should be a chart on the member site giving an “up to date“ report on the categories that are still available.
I think the longest I waited was 3 hours, and then once my call was picked up at opening. But that cruise was eventually cancelled, so maybe bad luck. The best part of the wait is being here on a thread where we all update each other.

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess I will be waiting a while it sounds like. But, it is all good. Just hope that all the OV Verandahs are not gone...

Re: Stateroom choices. Initial information on DVC states to have your top three stateroom category choices ready. Does that mean that assuming you get through and the cruise is still available you provide the information on your initial phone call and you do not know what type of stateroom you will actually get until you are contacted later to settle the financial details?

Re: Stateroom choices. Initial information on DVC states to have your top three stateroom category choices ready. Does that mean that assuming you get through and the cruise is still available you provide the information on your initial phone call and you do not know what type of stateroom you will actually get until you are contacted later to settle the financial details?
You will know your category and stateroom number before the initial call ends.

So... with 10 days to go before the sign up of the DVC Member Cruise, I have a question. Say I have 400 points in 2023. I have none this year, as our vacations are planned and booked for 2022.
My use year is April. So, when I call DVC 7/23 for the DVC MC, and we do points for the cruise for 1 of us. (Total of 2 people, the other one will be cash). So, will they take all the points from 2023 UY? Even though I am "officially" booking it in 2022??? May be a dumb question, but want to get my "ducks in a row" 10 days from now. I was thinking you had to have the points in your account as of that date...aka 10 days from now......

Thanks!

The member cruise would fall into which ever use year the date of the cruise would be. In this case September 2023. So in your case if you have an April use year your April 2022 points would need to be used by March 31, 2023 unless banked into the 2023 use year. Your April 2023 use year points must be used by March 31, 2024 so this is the use year that would be the starting point for determining how many points that you could use for the cruise. You would also be able to bank from April 2022 use year and borrow from April 2024 use year for a maximum point total of 3x your annual point allotment. So if you have no points remaining from April 2022 you would still have points available from April 2023 and April 2024 use years.

The member cruise would fall into which ever use year the date of the cruise would be. In this case September 2023. So in your case if you have an April use year your April 2022 points would need to be used by March 31, 2023 unless banked into the 2023 use year. Your April 2023 use year points must be used by March 31, 2024 so this is the use year that would be the starting point for determining how many points that you could use for the cruise. You would also be able to bank from April 2022 use year and borrow from April 2024 use year for a maximum point total of 3x your annual point allotment. So if you have no points remaining from April 2022 you would still have points available from April 2023 and April 2024 use years.
Thanks so much for that answer. That is what I thought...that DVC would use the 2023 points as it was a cruise that was taking place in 2023. Just wanted to make sure. So, no problem at all. I have enough points (I hope) for at least 1 person to use points. NOW.. the question of questions.. With now 9 days to go, when will point/cash chart be released?? You know that DVC knows how much 9 days out. WHY the delay till the day before/day of????:snooty::furious::furious:

That is the question! DVC will not say other than it can be as short a turn around as a couple of days before. We are also going to try and book the member cruise with a combination of points and cash. I am expecting a long wait on hold on the 23rd and sticker shock regarding the cost. Planning on having my cell phone fully charged and close to an outlet just incase.

Just wondering if any news on the DVC Member Cruise yet.. As far as points/cash needed? Anyone want to guess when it will be announced?
Do not like the last minute notification. Surely to goodness they know the point/cash structure now..
5 days out!:mad:

Just wondering if any news on the DVC Member Cruise yet.. As far as points/cash needed? Anyone want to guess when it will be announced?
Do not like the last minute notification. Surely to goodness they know the point/cash structure now..
5 days out!:mad:
My guess is probably Wednesday-Thursday. They definitely know the points/cash amounts. They just wanna make sure no one has time to think about finances and just buy, buy, buy lol 😂.

My guess is probably Wednesday-Thursday. They definitely know the points/cash amounts. They just wanna make sure no one has time to think about finances and just buy, buy, buy lol 😂.
Hope you are right! Need time to sort out prices/points/etc. Not looking forward to being on phone for 2-3 hours, but it is what it is...

I don’t really remember, but I don’t think they’ve been so secretive about the cost in the past.

The DVC Member Cruise points are out!!! WOO HOO!!! And the prices are not bad! 201-209 for OV with verandah!! WOW! MUCH cheaper than I thought!

I have lots of questions, however. Why is 5B and 6A on the same decks more pricey?
Is there a deck plan that has that marked? 5B,6A,etc?

If you look under "our Ships" on the Disney Cruise site and search for staterooms, in the details for staterooms is categories etc. You could also get to staterooms by going to deck plans and clicking on a specific stateroom which will take you to the same information. Do not think you will get any explanation of categories on the DVC site.

different categories for same stateroom classification I believe is based on the location of the stateroom.

Thanks!!
Do you know pls if For a solo trip I would have to pay as if there were two people? Or only points/cash that are here per person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter