DVC Moonlight Magic at Disney California Adventure Park - November 14th

The 2016 event was held in early November before holiday time started.
Thank you, We may plan to see it during the regular time and change plans if I can confirm it to be shown for the event. I know they did Illuminations for the MM at Epcot a few years ago...fingers crossed.

For those who've done MM at DCA when WOC was showing (it was down in November last year), do you anticipate the Holiday World of Color to be shown at the event?
Thanks Mike

I would be pretty surprised if they didn’t show WOC at least once. The DL MM two years ago had two Fantasmic showtimes, and the AK MM we attended last year had one or two Rivers of Light showtimes. 🤷🏼

I would be pretty surprised if they didn’t show WOC at least once. The DL MM two years ago had two Fantasmic showtimes, and the AK MM we attended last year had one or two Rivers of Light showtimes. 🤷🏼

That is what I am thinking too! If nothing else, I love when they do those shows for part of MM to suck up the crowds for awhile to make the lines even better!

Freshly returned home after our first Moonlight Magic event ever! To sum up: Fantastic!

Entered Disney's Cal Adventures (DCA) park at 8 pm. 5-10 minutes total to get in and get the wristbands. Party of 4. DCA was wonderfully decorated with holiday lights, tree was up near Carthay Circle. Cast members were very diligent in checking wristbands.

Had dinner at a pop-up shack just before Blue Sky Cellars called "Pairings" and shared Pork Belly Adobo over Rice and Shrimp+Grits with DW (almost exactly $20 covered by 1 voucher). Tried their Cranberry Sangria for $11.25 (voucher doesn't cover alcohol). Food and drink were excellent!

Went to Luigi's and the ride had to be re-booted after 10 minutes or so in line. We didn't fall for the sunk-cost fallacy and bailed. Went to Radiator Spring Racers and got on in less than 30 minutes. Party music cued up to signal 9pm.

Moved on to Paradise Pier and hopped on the Incredicoaster (10 minutes wait) and were launched by 9:30. Perfect timing cuz fireworks had just started at DL.

Grabbed some free frozen treats and went to nearby Chicken Shack for some more dinner. A box of 3 drumsticks, coleslaw, and two buttered corn cost $21.09 - $20 voucher = $1.09. Fully stuffed now.

Continued on to Midway Madness: 50 minutes wait... no thanks. Leisurely stroll down the boardwalk for a 10 min wait for Goofy's Flight School. Done by 10:25. Moved down a few steps to World of Colors - Holiday ...smack dab in the center. This was the highlight of the night. It gave all of us goose-bumps it was so good! 11 pm.

Went to Ariel ride, no wait. Strolled to Soar'n, 30 min wait. Out around 11:45. Called it a night, back in the parking garage by midnight.
Thank you DVC for blast! So glad we joined!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter