DVC Points for Disney Cruise. Points & Cash?

CR88

Mouseketeer
Hello all, I am wondering if it is possible to use points and cash to pay for a Disney Cruise. We are considering the 7 day cruise for next years vacation and would hate for our points to go to unused. I would rather not bank them as we would never use all of the points for our usual vacationing style, and I am a little leery of renting because of the recent threads on liability. I was hoping to be able to apply all 120 points toward a cruise and pay the balance in cash. I didn't see anything in our DVC planning book that covers this. Thanks!

It can be done. You can pay for one person in the room with points and all the rest with cash.

HBC

But you can't mix points and cash to pay for the same person.

There are few options you could do with 120 points and no 7 night cruises though you could borrow from the next year if you wanted or try to rent points for transfer though I suspect that would raise your cost even further. Remember the cash amount for the other people will be significantly higher in most instances than the regular cash costs. If you had 300-400 or more points in limbo I might consider it but not for 120 bankable points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter