DVC rental- missing party on reservation

I had to do this earlier this year, but since I had already checked in, the front desk had to hold my room, cancel my reservation, and remake it with the correct people listed. It wasn't a huge deal for me since I was the owner of the points, but I don't know how/if that would work with a rental.
That's strange. They shouldn't have had to do that as long as the lead guest was correct.

We rented points to stay at Copper Creek, starting tomorrow. When it was doing the pre-check in on MDE this afternoon I saw only my husband is on the reservation. I checked the rental contract from David’s Vacation Rental and all 5 of us are listed; David’s also sent me a screen shot of what the owner of the points submitted to Disney and all 5 of us are listed. They have asked the owner of the points to contact the powers that be to correct whatever happened on Disney’s end, but mentioned that he only has until midnight tonight to address this with Disney. I’ve printed the rental contract and screen shot showing all 5 names to bring to Copper Creek/Wilderness Lodge tomorrow when we check in. I guess I’m looking for reassurance as I am looking to utilize the early entry and 7 am ILL$ purchases. Anyone else run into this and have a successful resolution?
I’m hopeful things were resolved & OP reports back with how it was resolved.
I’m curious about whether it was a tech glitch on DVC’s site which dumped the names, or a tech glitch in the communication between DVC & MDE.
I seem to remember having to add guests twice in the lead up to our most recent stay & I’m wondering if it’s something we need to keep an eye on.
The screen shot the OP has of what the owner booked isn’t 100% because the owner can hop online any time & change the names of the non lead guests & of course the contract w/ David’s is useless because that’s all 3rd party stuff & neither the resort or DVC has any way to interpret or enforce the contract.
If you have a studio, Disney has a hard limit of 4 at CCV.
OP said they’d rented a 2 br., so well below occupancy.

That's strange. They shouldn't have had to do that as long as the lead guest was correct.
I don't know. That's what I thought too, but they had to cancel the reservation and then rebook it. Maybe it had to do with the fact that we had already gotten our room? Or maybe it was just that CM. Who knows. Now I double and triple check that I've remembered to add everyone to our reservations so I don't have to waste my time.

We rented points to stay at Copper Creek, starting tomorrow. When it was doing the pre-check in on MDE this afternoon I saw only my husband is on the reservation. I checked the rental contract from David’s Vacation Rental and all 5 of us are listed; David’s also sent me a screen shot of what the owner of the points submitted to Disney and all 5 of us are listed. They have asked the owner of the points to contact the powers that be to correct whatever happened on Disney’s end, but mentioned that he only has until midnight tonight to address this with Disney. I’ve printed the rental contract and screen shot showing all 5 names to bring to Copper Creek/Wilderness Lodge tomorrow when we check in. I guess I’m looking for reassurance as I am looking to utilize the early entry and 7 am ILL$ purchases. Anyone else run into this and have a successful resolution?
How did it work out?

I had something similar happen to my friends that had a reservation in January. I made the reservation for them. When they went to add their reservation to MDE, not everyone on the reservation showed up and the name of one member of the party was showing up twice. On my end, everything was perfectly correct!

I tried to “fake” modify their reservation multiple times, and deleted and re-added guests. But, the results were still not correct. Then, they did online checkin and were able to match all guests to the reservation correctly. I don’t know if my modifications helped or if it was the online checkin that fixed things or if it was just a temporary system problem. But, eventually, it was correct.

It was most likely the online check-in. That forces the update from the reservation to MDE.

I have always had to match the guests from MDE to my DVC. I think it is because there were slight variations in info. Example: my daughter is Miss in MDE, but she was Ms. On the DVC site.

If you have issues, go to the IT people for a website issue and they may be able to help.

I have always had to match the guests from MDE to my DVC. I think it is because there were slight variations in info. Example: my daughter is Miss in MDE, but she was Ms. On the DVC site.
Mine has never been able to match anyone, including me. I have to match everyone up to my friends, including myself.

Any update on this?

I'm so sorry for the delay in replying (we just returned home) - quick summary, it got fixed. I intended to update the post the day of our arrival, but then began Genie+ and being on my phone with LLs continuously, and I was ready to hurl my phone against the wall when we were done for the night. But that's another thread. :) Everything was taken care of at the front desk. I had to explain the whole thing about 5 times (and was told that it was done wrong by the owner of the points - I'm glad I had the backup of the papers to show everything HAD been done correctly). Anyway, about an hour later everything was fixed. They had to cancel the existing reservation and rebook it with all five of us. I did immediately email David's Vacation Club to let them know what the cast member did so they can alert the owner of the points to make sure everything was okay. David's emailed and said thank you for the heads up, but didn't let me know if there was an issue or not. So, it took a bunch of time, but worth it so we could get to our early entries.

Mine has never been able to match anyone, including me. I have to match everyone up to my friends, including myself.
If I leave our names in all caps (like DVC defaults to) I have to match it up. If I change it to not uppercase then the names match.....

You're probably very lucky that Disney was willing to work with you. This may not sound very "Disney-like" but they are known for being very rigid with DVC reservations when the member is not present. When you book through Disney, they guarantee you'll have a room and are willing to address any problems. When you rent points, it's a deal solely between you and the DVC owner. Since the member is profiting off of the transaction, Disney expects them to manage all aspects of the reservation.

There have been instances where people were defrauded by owners and found themselves without a valid reservation upon arrival. It doesn't matter how much paperwork is presented at check-in. Far as Disney is concerned, it's the DVC owner who was paid for the room and not Disney's problem if there's no room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter