DVC Rivera Resort at Caribbean Beach announced at D23

It's going to be a separate resort. In other words: Riviera guests don't get to use CBR pool, CBR guests don't get to use fitness center or Riviera pools.

It's going to be a separate resort. In other words: Riviera guests don't get to use CBR pool, CBR guests don't get to use fitness center or Riviera pools.

That remains to be seen. I expect Disney to tread carefully to avoid any perception of this being a "moderate DVC". But we'll have to wait and see exactly how the coordinate resort amenities. I don't any signs of a new feature pool on the construction permits for CBR / DRR.

They're already billing it as an "Epcot Area" so expect it to be $200 per point. Save being next door to CBR, they are going to uncouple it as much as possible.

See also this image:

Zuivslm.jpg

They're already billing it as an "Epcot Area" so expect it to be $200 per point. Save being next door to CBR, they are going to uncouple it as much as possible.

No doubt they'll separate them from a marketing perspective. But whether or not ALL expected resort amenities are duplicated at both remains to be seen.

If we are in a financial position to do so we might add on when it finally is built.

Of course I'm not that young, so maybe I'll look for some BWV or BCV resales in order to get an Epcot resort.

Better start saving that money either way!!!:crazy:

It would start at 210 dollars a point. But if you buy when it first opens and get 150 point minimum you can get it for the low price of 199 a point.

Hope everyone knows I'm joking.

It would start at 210 dollars a point. But if you buy when it first opens and get 150 point minimum you can get it for the low price of 199 a point.

Hope everyone knows I'm joking.

No, you aren't. Legit.
Noted this is tongue in cheek but realistically the numbers may not be that far off, just a little high. Unless there is a recession in the interim I'd suspect we'll be at $195, possibly even $200 pp by the time sales start. I'm suspicious the discounts or add ons will be good because I see it as a slow seller and the Poly has apparently underperformed, we'll see about CCV. NO matter the gondola or separation from CBR, it's still going to have similarities to AKV, SSR & OKW and thus still be in a moderate location. I don't see much they can do to change that unless they go over the top in other areas which they've never done before. We'll see, it should be interesting as I suspect this is going to be a over it or almost hate it resort.

I wasn't being tongue-in-cheek. I fully expect this to be the first DVC with list price of $200+, although incentives may bring it down. Disney have started that ball rolling with the whole "Epcot-area" designation, and they know what the booking trend and resale market look like for both BWV and BCV.

If they try to go high-end with it, I could see them coming up with some sort of self-contained concierge option there.

I wasn't being tongue-in-cheek. I fully expect this to be the first DVC with list price of $200+, although incentives may bring it down. Disney have started that ball rolling with the whole "Epcot-area" designation, and they know what the booking trend and resale market look like for both BWV and BCV.

If they try to go high-end with it, I could see them coming up with some sort of self-contained concierge option there.
My tongue in cheek reference was to dclpluto who said they were kidding. I think I was largely agreeing with you that it wasn't that far off though I do think it's a little high.

Do we know for certain this is going in at CBR and not adjacent to the Swan/Dolphin?

I would guess that by giving it a bougie name like Riviera with no mention of CBR but rather "Epcot Area" at all that they will be marketing this as a deluxe that has nothing to do with CBR except as an annex of some of the land. But we shall see...

And frankly, before I bought DVC, I wouldn't have known the difference so I dont think visitors who aren't as involved as we are as owners will even realize or care. It's going to be high end, its going to have a gondola to the back Epcot gate, it's going to last for 50 years, its gonna sell.

It will have to be totally separate from CBR. I think the only connection will be the land its built on used to be part of CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter