DVC vs Annual Pass Discounts

BL2020

Earning My Ears
So we bought our first direct contract in June, Yay! DVC discounts and perks! One perk is Sorcerers Pass, we bought that. Yay, more discounts! WAIT... same discounts :oops:. For those of you with both, what do you normally use? Is there any advantage to one over the other without reading the fine print?

So we bought our first direct contract in June, Yay! DVC discounts and perks! One perk is Sorcerers Pass, we bought that. Yay, more discounts! WAIT... same discounts :oops:. For those of you with both, what do you normally use? Is there any advantage to one over the other without reading the fine print?
No, no advantage. We usually just say “we have DVC, AP, Disney Visa, anyone better than the other?” And the CM will tell us, sometimes just seems to depend on which is easier for them to confirm or to process.

Back in June, they had a 30% discount on shopping and 20% discount on dining for APs. It worked perfectly for us as we had a trip booked in early June.

Thanks for the suggestions, will just mention we have both and let them apply the best one if one is better. And will keep an eye out for temporary promotions.

Most of the time they are the same but a couple of times a year the discount is higher when they have a special offer for AP.
Today I was wondering about the better (higher) discount. I recall that it's been offered around Thanksgiving (prior, I think) but I haven't heard anything yet.

Today I was wondering about the better (higher) discount. I recall that it's been offered around Thanksgiving (prior, I think) but I haven't heard anything yet.
Last year in early December there was a special 30% AP discount. Don’t know when it began. Scored a great Dooney/Disney Christmas bag that was reduced 30% and was able to stack the AP discount for 60% off!

Hoping there’s a repeat this year :teeth:

Sorry to reopen an 6 week old thread, but I thought I’d see if anyone knew of any more differences in perks between DVC and WDW AP? I thought APs got free parking at parks and DVC don’t?

I’m surprised no one has ever pulled a table together showing the differences. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be a very big table as most things are the same.

Sorry to reopen an 6 week old thread, but I thought I’d see if anyone knew of any more differences in perks between DVC and WDW AP? I thought APs got free parking at parks and DVC don’t?

I’m surprised no one has ever pulled a table together showing the differences. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be a very big table as most things are the same.
I think it works that DVC gets free parking at parks only when you're staying onsite at a Disney resort, while AP holders get free parking at Disney Parks at all times. We have both, but I believe that is how it works.

I believe they both check most of the same boxes.
The exception being DVC get a discount on the annual pass to begin with…

To compile a list of every place the has discounts for AP / DVC seems like busy work

I think it works that DVC gets free parking at parks only when you're staying onsite at a Disney resort, while AP holders get free parking at Disney Parks at all times. We have both, but I believe that is how it works.
That’s correct. We used our AP free parking perk many times when staying offsite. When staying offsite, DVC gets you nothin’!

That’s correct. We used our AP free parking perk many times when staying offsite. When staying offsite, DVC gets you nothin’!
I have always been able to get food and purchase discounts with DVC. However, having AP, i would have gotten the same discount either way

I have always been able to get food and purchase discounts with DVC. However, having AP, i would have gotten the same discount either way
As far as food and merchandise discounts, food discounts are identical. There are a handful of merchandise locations, all third party (like Basin in GFH), that offer different discounts. At Basin, for example, the DVC discount is actually better.

As far as food and merchandise discounts, food discounts are identical. There are a handful of merchandise locations, all third party (like Basin in GFH), that offer different discounts. At Basin, for example, the DVC discount is actually better.
A few of the restaurants give better discounts one way or the other.... I can never remember where so I always just tell the server I have both, and they apply the better discount.

Normally I'm a party of 7 or 8 so 5 percent one way of another is 40 or 50 dollars....

Part of two is not such a big deal...

A few of the restaurants give better discounts one way or the other.... I can never remember where so I always just tell the server I have both, and they apply the better discount.
They are so few in number that it ends up not really moving the needle. Pretty sure the differences are also third party, and are at DS and Swolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter