DXDP first time at WDW

I’m glad people agree that my planned schedule works. Any other meals I should consider (instead of the ones I have?)

Ah, the grammatical police... I was caught in a typo error with a character breakfast for dinner. Please do forgive me for not being without sin and failing to catch the error before posting. I will do my best to achieve perfection in future posts. However, I'm sure I will make a mistake again on here sometime in the future. Perhaps even on this post. But again, I do appreciate you challenging me to be a better person.

Ahh, but I don't have the need to eat 6 plates of food stacked 2 feet high at a buffet until I am in a state of unconsciousness (not saying you do). I leave full, but not overindulged. I also don't eat things like fries, hotdogs, burgers, chicken nuggets, deep-fried foods or pizza, so because of this I don't feel as bloated either. (no attack on those who enjoy these foods) As for signature dining, I don't equate that to any larger than any other meal, for me it's the atmosphere and the quality of the food I find at places like Jiko, California Grill, Flying Fish, along with other signatures rather than 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tony's, The Wave and other 1TS restaurants. Not sure I understand the "no need for 2+ huge meals". I am active, I exercise, I am in shape. When not in WDW, I eat three meals a day. But when I am on vacation I do indulge a bit and enjoy an appetizer and a dessert. Perhaps you have a different dietary need and that is ok. Perhaps you can eat one meal a day (if that's what you do). But for me, if I eat at 7:30 in the morning I am going to be hungry come 7:30 in the evening.

When your "typo error" makes your writing incomprehensible, it hurts your ability to communicate. I still have no idea what character breakfast for dinner is supposed to mean.

I have never eaten 6 plates at a buffet, but one major sit down restaurant meal is plenty for a day. Remaining meals would be light for me.

The other problem I have with the dining plan is that you pay for a dessert for every person at every meal. My family of 5 would never order more than 2 desserts at any restaurant ever. So, the obscene amount of overkill is just absurd for us.

I've been on the DIS for 11 years and have never gotten into a tiff with anyone and I'm not going to start with you. Fire away at people if you want. Fire away at me. I wish you the best. Peace!

Uh...that post was not in response to you

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. I never said anything about eating only one meal per day.

You said "One Huge meal a day is plenty". That's exactly where I got you saying you only eat one meal a day.

I see that politeness isn't your strong suit.

You said "One Huge meal a day is plenty". That's exactly where I got you saying you only eat one meal a day.

I see that politeness isn't your strong suit.

I would not eat multiple huge meals in one day. One major sit-down restaurant meal plus lighter meals would be plenty. 2 full restaurant meals and 2 restaurant desserts in a day would be way too much.

You will get a lot of comments saying you will loose too much park time but most people aren't going from ropedrop to fireworks without a few breaks anyways. I personally find starting and ending my day with a nice sit down meal is the way to go. I am not a fan of the quick service resturants at Disney so we tend to have a snack or 2 instead of lunch. it is not too much food if you throw in a couple of signature resturants or are sharing with another family like you are doing. Have fun on your trip.

Wahoo. I’m getting excited. Best place for a date meal with just the hubby if I can squeeze it in?

Even if we do 1 a day? 1900 park fare at our hotel tues, hopefully storybook on wed, Akershus on thurs, Cinderella royal table on Friday. I have been nervous about that but my brother in law said it wouldn’t be too crazy.
So question--how many meals do you have planned? You get three TS credits a day per person per night so 9 total and it doesn't sound like you are using all of them. Park Fare is 1, Storybook 1, Akershus 1, and Cinderella 2, so you are only using 5 total. But see my next post--maybe I'm missing something on the math.

So if you do the DxDDP, you have 81 credits to share among 16 people, so you each have 5 credits to use. If you stick with your original plan, you have enough credits. If you add Spirit of Aloha, you don't have enough and you'll need to pay OOP somewhere.
I'm completely missing something on your math. I thought (1) everyone in the room had to be on the plan (2) you couldn't share food if on the dining plan and (3) you get three credits per person. So there would be 9 credits per person for a 3 night stay?

Wahoo. I’m getting excited. Best place for a date meal with just the hubby if I can squeeze it in?
California Grill is nice but can be crowded/full of kids in the evening. Flying Fish might be less loud. Boathouse in Disney Springs is nice in the evening on the dock.

We are staying 3 nights and we are trying to share one rooms for all of us. We are planning on 4-5 meals over those 4 days. I just found the spirit of aloha too and am considering that.
My comment about not doing the deluxe plan was premised on eating two table service meals a day. If you aren't eating two table service meals a day, with one of them a signature or show then I don't see how it makes financial sense. But if you are eating two a day then that's a fair bit of time out of the day (at least an hour for each meal, perhaps more because Disney restaurants can often be a bit late seating you). Plus travel time if you don't plan the meal around where you will be that day. And having been to Disneyland and Disney World each several times I can tell you that getting around Disney World is a whole lot more time consuming.

Ah, the grammatical police... I was caught in a typo error with a character breakfast for dinner. Please do forgive me for not being without sin and failing to catch the error before posting. I will do my best to achieve perfection in future posts. However, I'm sure I will make a mistake again on here sometime in the future. Perhaps even on this post. But again, I do appreciate you challenging me to be a better person.

Ahh, but I don't have the need to eat 6 plates of food stacked 2 feet high at a buffet until I am in a state of unconsciousness (not saying you do). I leave full, but not overindulged. I also don't eat things like fries, hotdogs, burgers, chicken nuggets, deep-fried foods or pizza, so because of this I don't feel as bloated either. (no attack on those who enjoy these foods) As for signature dining, I don't equate that to any larger than any other meal, for me it's the atmosphere and the quality of the food I find at places like Jiko, California Grill, Flying Fish, along with other signatures rather than 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tony's, The Wave and other 1TS restaurants. Not sure I understand the "no need for 2+ huge meals". I am active, I exercise, I am in shape. When not in WDW, I eat three meals a day. But when I am on vacation I do indulge a bit and enjoy an appetizer and a dessert. Perhaps you have a different dietary need and that is ok. Perhaps you can eat one meal a day (if that's what you do). But for me, if I eat at 7:30 in the morning I am going to be hungry come 7:30 in the evening.

I couldn't agree more with you! My husband and I do the very same! We love the deluxe plan and many people say "you're wasting your money." I worked hard for my money, I saved even harder for my trip, whether or not I want to "break even" is my own personal business.

As a consideration for time concerns for table service meals, most recently we went Thanksgiving 2017 and Christmas 2018 with deluxe. I guarantee people spent more time waiting and eating at park counter service than we did at many of our table service meals. Many times we are done in less than an hour for buffets, and rarely do we take longer than 90 minutes at signature (usually less than 90). The lines and masses at most of the counter services during lunch never made me regret going deluxe dining. I HATE having to look for a table and/or eating on a not clean table. Shake Shack is about the only quick service worth a wait for me

I couldn't agree more with you! My husband and I do the very same! We love the deluxe plan and many people say "you're wasting your money." I worked hard for my money, I saved even harder for my trip, whether or not I want to "break even" is my own personal business.

My husband and I love the Deluxe plan too. When it’s hot out, I want to spend several hours of my day having a nice meal in the air conditioning. As far as the money, we are always pretty darn close to “breaking even” and so it’s worth the prepaid aspect to me.

To the OP: I love Crystal Palace for breakfast, especially if you have that many kids. Any of the character breakfasts are great though for the kids. Breakfast foods don't vary too much so those are safe bets.

Another family here that have done DxDP more than not. I have 2 big eaters, we joke often that my DS has a separate dessert stomach. I have to agree with another poster, waiting in line at a CS, then trying to find a table, usually outside in the heat-no thanks. I'm glad to sit down in the A/C, in a nice atmosphere and enjoy my meal without being in a hurry off to the next thing. Make it a character meal and you are saving time of waiting in line(often in the heat) to meet them in the parks. Characters come to you-sounds like a winner to me. We don't spend a lot of time getting back and forth because it just makes sense to plan meals for close to where you plan to be. We also don't have 3 sit down meals a day-usually a breakfast or early lunch and a signature meal for dinner. Works perfect for us.

OP- 3 days is a short trip, but with what you have and the right planning you will be just fine :)

I'm not opposed to the deluxe dining plan, and am considering it for our next trip. But still trying to understand how it makes sense for a three day trip for someone who has never visited Disney World and doesn't appear to be using all of their credits.

I'm not opposed to the deluxe dining plan, and am considering it for our next trip. But still trying to understand how it makes sense for a three day trip for someone who has never visited Disney World and doesn't appear to be using all of their credits.

if you read the entire thread it will - they are sharing with another family so it works out to 5 credits per person for the whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter