Dynamic Pricing, yay!!!!!!

That's not true! Disney hotels are typically cheaper in the summer. Schools also have breaks at different times.
That’s what I was thinking good weather trumps kids being out of school. I think it used to be the opposite in terms of price but not anymore. Summer is the cheapest.

Coming to the nearest McDonald's, Walmart and Costco near you. Greed.
How in the world could Costco charge dynamic pricing? They would have to employ multiple people whose whole job is to run around and change the price signs for every item multiple times per day. And have their computers programmed to change prices during the day. Makes no sense to me.

How in the world could Costco charge dynamic pricing? They would have to employ multiple people whose whole job is to run around and change the price signs for every item mult
Electric signage connected to the computer system could be one way. POS system is programmed to noticed trends in what's being purchased and all of a sudden that 3lb container of strawberries is now up .50 cents.

No saying it will happen but that's a way it could

I read a lot of case studies as part of my job so my comments are based on facts not opinon. It's not as simple as we charge more we get more. Companies that rely a customer experience need to balance cost and experience. Imagine going to Disney if it was sold out everyday 7 days a week, it would be horrendous.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Disney, my wife is a teacher and it's expensive to go anywhere when teachers can. Does Disney set the prices for the entire country?
I think you’re missing how many people Disney has completely turned off being seen as Greedy with the dynamic pricing of tickets and Genie +. Yeah they are making more money in the short term, but their customers experiences are walking away talking about the greed, not the experience. When they had fast passes, people were talking about not standing in lines as much and the ways Disney was improving customer experience for everyone. Now it’s seen as the pay for play and has turned off some of their most loyal customers. They have definitely lost people over it.

I think you’re missing how many people Disney has completely turned off being seen as Greedy with the dynamic pricing of tickets and Genie +. Yeah they are making more money in the short term, but their customers experiences are walking away talking about the greed, not the experience. When they had fast passes, people were talking about not standing in lines as much and the ways Disney was improving customer experience for everyone. Now it’s seen as the pay for play and has turned off some of their most loyal customers. They have definitely lost people over it.
As someone who had never been to anything Disney until last summer, and only had other theme parks and the price of those express passes as comparison - I was astounded that Disney's was so cheap and thought - wow - this is a great deal for those who purchase it! I think it is only off-putting for those who have been to Disney before and experienced the old FP system when it was free. For those who are new, it's super cheap as compared to other parks.

If that was truly the case then they would have amazing discounts and lower the prices. But prices have only gone up recently so as long as people are willing to pay then prices will continue to rise.

Keep telling yourself that like a good little shopper. The only reason for it is to make money. Disney loves charging more for teachers than any other profession, since they raise the price when they can go.
Charging more during a lunch time is to make more money. They don't want less business because it's busy. They want more.
Of course companies want to make money. How else would they stay in business and employ workers? Who works for free? And with the record inflation having to pay higher wages and more for food and services, then how could they afford not to raise prices. Corporations aren’t charities - it’s basic economics.

Some see it as screwing the customer, some see it as balancing the supply and demand
I saw it as a way to increase revenue during key parts of the day. I think that some fast food restaurants may want to revisit their perception of how necessary they are in people's lives after the backlash they received. It is easy to walk away from some purchases. Is Wendy's one of those purchases? For me, yes. They can call it whatever they want, but if consumers believe that they are being taken advantage of they can choose to spend elsewhere. I guess they have more supply now that some folks decided that for them, the balance lies elsewhere

Convenience has a price that some are willing to pay. Businesses have to balance that to make sure the number of customers it turns off doesn’t outweigh the gains. The ability to track our habits and overall trends has gotten much more accurate over my lifetime; alot more guessing used to go on about sales slumps and peaks.

It’s just the way things are now. We can bow out and not use apps or club cards, etc. but data is still coming in. Only our total bow out from purchasing could make any difference, which could be thwarted if enough other people still find value in the product/price or in paying premiums for convenience. To buy or not to buy, that is the only question.

Keep telling yourself that like a good little shopper. The only reason for it is to make money. Disney loves charging more for teachers than any other profession, since they raise the price when they can go.
Charging more during a lunch time is to make more money. They don't want less business because it's busy. They want more.
It's true that school breaks (like winter break and spring break) are an expensive time to travel, but summer usually has the best deals. For summer right now, you can get 35% off of rooms or a free dining plan. I'm a teacher, and we do our traveling in the summer. I see it as a cheaper time to travel to WDW.

Hotels and airlines are screwing customers when they surge price during Thanksgiving and Christmas, but hey

I see it now,

Boma-
7:30 a.m.- $65.00
8:30 a.m.- $60.00
9:30 a.m.- $55.00
10:30 a.m.- $50.00

Except on Saturdays, $5 more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter