Early Admission

Flapdoodle

Mouseketeer
Our family is heading to Universal in mid-May. I just noticed that only Universal Studios is offering early park admission each day in May but not Islands of Adventures. I thought they switched up which parks for early admission. Is this typical for only park to have it for a whole month?

Yeah I’m planning on IOA first when I go in May and I won’t be utilizing EE For that reason

Hey I'm tagging onto this about EPA. Does anyone have insight as to whether or not Ollivanders (wand demonstration and shop) is open at EPA?

It's been a long time since they've had IoA has part of EE. It will be interesting to see if they switch it up for Hagrid's coaster. It makes the most sense as it's more convenient that way. If not, it'll just keep building up with all the people outside the park waiting in order to get in, or people flooding the HE queue prior to it's first ride of the day.

We will be there the week following Memorial Day Weekend. Will they have any other rides open other than the 3 listed? "Unofficially"?

We will be there the week following Memorial Day Weekend. Will they have any other rides open other than the 3 listed? "Unofficially"?

If you're asking if Hagrid's coaster will be "unofficially" open by then, it's a big question mark. Even if it is the period of the soft open, you'll be waiting for hours just for a chance to potentially get on it.

During those periods ride attendants never tell you when, or if it will ever open that day, but that you can wait to see if it does. From there you get to wait until it may, or may not open for that day. When it does open, it will operate very intermittently (especially in the beginning of soft openings) due to the testing process and the break downs.

I typically do not recommend people to wait for soft openings unless they're staying at the parks for more than a couple of days (so they still have time to enjoy the parks), or if they have less, they're massive fans and accept they will be waiting for hours and hours for something that may, or may not happen.

If you're asking if Hagrid's coaster will be "unofficially" open by then, it's a big question mark. Even if it is the period of the soft open, you'll be waiting for hours just for a chance to potentially get on it.

During those periods ride attendants never tell you when, or if it will ever open that day, but that you can wait to see if it does. From there you get to wait until it may, or may not open for that day. When it does open, it will operate very intermittently (especially in the beginning of soft openings) due to the testing process and the break downs.

I typically do not recommend people to wait for soft openings unless they're staying at the parks for more than a couple of days (so they still have time to enjoy the parks), or if they have less, they're massive fans and accept they will be waiting for hours and hours for something that may, or may not happen.
thank you for your response. While I agree it will be a nice surprise if the new ride is open during our trip, I'm not holding my breath. I was more asking about any of the regular rides like Mummy etc. Seems like I heard in the past some of the other rides end up being open as well, but maybe not. Just curious.

thank you for your response. While I agree it will be a nice surprise if the new ride is open during our trip, I'm not holding my breath. I was more asking about any of the regular rides like Mummy etc. Seems like I heard in the past some of the other rides end up being open as well, but maybe not. Just curious.

Oh! Yep. What is listed as EE on the website is what is opened.

Typically no. When USF has early entry I've seen them have either Diagon Ally + Minions OR Diagon Alley + Mummy. But I've never really seen more than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter