Early entry for hotel guests from Paradise pier/Pixar Place Hotel

maleficent55

DIS Veteran
Is the newish gate entrance behind California adventure for Pixar Place hotel guest an option for early entry? Or would a guest need to cut through the Grand Californian to do rope, drop/early entry from the main entrance?

Is the new(ish) GCH access behind Corn Dog Castle open in the morning? Or is it just an exit? Is that the same one as the PPH entrance?

Is the new(ish) GCH access behind Corn Dog Castle open in the morning? Or is it just an exit? Is that the same one as the PPH entrance?
This is what I’m asking. Is it open in the morning, but also is there any sort of opening set up for EE?

Is there an entrance to DCA at that point? I.e., tapstiles, security, etc., like at the main DCA/GCH entrance?

Yes, the entrance by Corn Dog Castle is open in the morning for early entry. We used it 2 weeks ago for early entry when we were there. We got there about 7:20 and they were already letting people in so there were only about 3 groups in front of us and we were in the parks by 7:30 easily and would have been even faster if we didn't have a stroller which obviously takes extra time at security :)

Replied to my own post in the other thread to the question above. The PPH DCA entrance that dumps you out at Corn Dog Castle was open for EE this past weekend (need room key to open this gate; it is separate gate than the pedestrian gate to enter the GCH grounds to go to their DTD security line and enter DL for EE (CM at PPH at check in told me this is how we should EE for DL; our key also opened that gate)). Line was minimal at 7am Sunday when we got there, but they didn’t open bag check and detectors until about 7:27am (at which point the line was all the way down the sidewalk). We were through very quickly and walking into DCA right at 7:30am but others in the line definitely missed some of EE due to lining up later than 7am and the (what I considered) late opening of bag check.

This is what I’m asking. Is it open in the morning, but also is there any sort of opening set up for EE?
Yes it has 2 bag check lines and 2 metal detectors, and it is open for EE and stays open until park close for exiting.

Yes it has 2 bag check lines and 2 metal detectors, and it is open for EE and stays open until park close for exiting.
But not necessarily for exiting after the last WoC. We got caught by this last year as we were hoping to exit there after the 10:15pm WoC (which was technically after park closing) but the Pier was blocked off before there. It was frustrating as it definitely added a significant amount of time to have to go back up and exit through the GCH.

But not necessarily for exiting after the last WoC. We got caught by this last year as we were hoping to exit there after the 10:15pm WoC (which was technically after park closing) but the Pier was blocked off before there. It was frustrating as it definitely added a significant amount of time to have to go back up and exit through the GCH.
Well that sucks. What’s the point of having that exit then? It’d be a really convenient exit for the DVC villas at VGC, but only for the early WOC it seems.

Last edited:
At Oogie Boogie Bash even the Grand's in park entrance/exit closed right at park closing on the dot so you had to go back to the hotel through DTD. I think there used to be at least a half hour leeway but maybe I'm wrong. Woudn't be the first time.

Replied to my own post in the other thread to the question above. The PPH DCA entrance that dumps you out at Corn Dog Castle was open for EE this past weekend (need room key to open this gate; it is separate gate than the pedestrian gate to enter the GCH grounds to go to their DTD security line and enter DL for EE (CM at PPH at check in told me this is how we should EE for DL; our key also opened that gate)). Line was minimal at 7am Sunday when we got there, but they didn’t open bag check and detectors until about 7:27am (at which point the line was all the way down the sidewalk). We were through very quickly and walking into DCA right at 7:30am but others in the line definitely missed some of EE due to lining up later than 7am and the (what I considered) late opening of bag check.
After you open the gate with your room key, do they check it again or scan it again at the entrance? Like they do at the main entrances? Just trying to see if I can put it away in my wallet or if I need to keep it out. That way there is less of a chance I lose it!

After you open the gate with your room key, do they check it again or scan it again at the entrance? Like they do at the main entrances? Just trying to see if I can put it away in my wallet or if I need to keep it out. That way there is less of a chance I lose it!
You open the gate with your room key and then you can put it away. You walk down the long path (on the side of GCH), go through security and then they scan your digital ticket or MB+ as you enter DCA. Your room key is not the same as your park ticket.

Is the newish gate entrance behind California adventure for Pixar Place hotel guest an option for early entry? Or would a guest need to cut through the Grand Californian to do rope, drop/early entry from the main entrance?
The Pixar Place entrance is typically open for early entry to DCA, however you are only in prime position for Paradise Pier attractions at rope drop. If you want to rope drop Guardians or Webslingers you are better off going to the main DCA gate via DTD either through the security near DL hotel or the GCH security checkpoint, The line moves slowly at GCH security strive early 6:15-6:30 if you want to get a prime spot at the DCA main gate and subsequently rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter