EasyWDW / notfrosty Josh / obituary

I hadn’t commented on this thread yet because I didn’t really know what to say.

I never met Josh, but I read his blog religiously for years. I remember taking a break one day AT Magic Kingdom, and reading his blog while I was sitting right there. On our first trip to food and wine in 2018, I used his food reviews to determine what I would eat. All of the information he shared was invaluable to me having many successful Disney trips under my belt. I was really looking forward to seeing how he would recommend navigating Genie+. I feel so lost planning a trip without his hilariously amazing insight.

I know he has been struggling for some time, but I hope he is at peace now and knows how much he meant to so many people.

I never met Josh but felt like he was an old friend from regularly reading his blog and planning advice. His wit, candor, and "book smart meets common sense" approach were rare and I feel a strong sense of loss at his passing. And if somebody who didn't even know him personally can be so shaken, I can only imagine what his family and friends must be experiencing.

I hope he is at peace and that his memory is a blessing to those who knew him.

What a tremendous impact he had on the world through the number of lives that he touched in so many ways with his work.

Josh’s Tribute info from the Kissimmee area Funeral Home. There’s also a Tribute page where condolences and memories can be shared:

https://www.conradandthompson.com/tributes/Joshua-Humphrey
Thank you @hiroMYhero. It’s nice to see you here again. I signed the tribute book this morning but for some reason did not think to post it here. I’m so glad you did. I hope it brings something to his loved ones.
I am really grieving his loss. As we all are.

melissa wrote on the tribute book “- to the best blogger that ever walked the parks. And so much more.” Amen to that.

Not sure how I missed this until now, but I greatly enjoyed his sense of humor. He will be missed

I kept telling him I’m still waiting on the book he said he would write with the best benches to sip bourbon in WDW. Next visit, I’m going to sit on a bench with bourbon and count the smiles.
haha. I loved that. Yes, I would like that too. Although he started saying that so long ago, I think a lot, if not most, of those benches have been removed. WDW doesn't want people sitting, but up and spending money.

Josh's blog brought me much enjoyment over the years. I wish I had been able to tell him that. It is heartening to know so many others were able to enjoy his work. RIP Josh.

I'm the planner in the house, and consequently the only one who reads Disney blogs or participates in forums like this. So, none of the physically-here people in my life get how sad this is for me, and I'm guessing many others of you feel the same. You read someone's words for so many years, and you just feel like part of a community and like you really know the group leader. I found Josh's blog way back, while planning a 2014 trip. His blog was my trip-planning bible for 2014 and 2015, and we had such wonderful trips as a result. I read his blogs even when we had no trip scheduled, because they were just plain good fun - hilarious writing, gorgeous photos.

If you are on FB, go look for Hitler Really Wants the Rivers of Light Schedule. Someone elsewhere mentioned it, and I had forgotten that video. Just a complete crack-up, full of inside jokes. I was so, so glad to see that I had left a comment back when it was posted, and that he liked my comment and knew his work was appreciated. I hope that he knew how beloved his work was, for so many people.

So sorry to hear. I used to read him and used his site all the time for years. Prayers to his family

I'm the planner in the house, and consequently the only one who reads Disney blogs or participates in forums like this. So, none of the physically-here people in my life get how sad this is for me, and I'm guessing many others of you feel the same. You read someone's words for so many years, and you just feel like part of a community and like you really know the group leader. I found Josh's blog way back, while planning a 2014 trip. His blog was my trip-planning bible for 2014 and 2015, and we had such wonderful trips as a result. I read his blogs even when we had no trip scheduled, because they were just plain good fun - hilarious writing, gorgeous photos.

If you are on FB, go look for Hitler Really Wants the Rivers of Light Schedule. Someone elsewhere mentioned it, and I had forgotten that video. Just a complete crack-up, full of inside jokes. I was so, so glad to see that I had left a comment back when it was posted, and that he liked my comment and knew his work was appreciated. I hope that he knew how beloved his work was, for so many people.

Thanks for the reminder of that. I also planned a family trip for 2015, and I watched that video when it was posted. The "throw $1000 on the ground" joke... forgot about that one. 😆

Josh was one of a kind and definitely the best. I always loved his blog no matter what he wrote about. He routinely brought a smile.

This is incredibly sad.

Oh wow. I'm just floored. When I planned our very first trip, it was his site I found. His honesty and humor (laced with the perfect amount of sarcasm) was what really hooked me. This is just so sad. Thinking of his family during this terrible time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter