Eating at Sea World

Is it worth the dining plan at SW for 2 adults/2 kids (10 and 12) if we're planning to go to the luau that evening too .... I'm thinking prob. not since we've got breakfast covered before we get there too .... would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

Rachel

I would say "No" since you are doing the Luau and have breakfast covered. We planned on the Dining Plan for our last park day when we were moving from a timeshare condo to a hotel room. So we had all our meals that day at SeaWorld so it was an awesome value for us. We were still full the next morning when we caught our flight home so I can't imagine eating all day on the Dining plan then trying to enjoy a Luau. Have a wonderful vacation!:banana:

How much is the dining plan? We will have me, DH, DS9 and DS2. Also, if you use the Southwest 20% off discount does that discount the dining plan too?

Break even for me at best. Doubt I could eat $30 worth of counter service food. If I did, I would need a wheel chair the rest of the day.

You might be surprised. I am just a 5' woman and don't weigh 500 pounds<vbg>, but when we go to the park from morning till close. I always buy the meal plan. I save money on the plan. We usually wait for the masses to get out out of the parking lot at close by eating ice cream, too. . I always eat at least 1 meal at Voyagers and since I like the Brisket more than ribs etc. and they don't offer a platter on its own anymore, I have to get the combo platter. So that is almost $14 right there. Then I usually opt for a sandwich or fajitas for supper meal. That is another $9. Then during the day and evening I probably get a bottle of water every hour or so . That adds $2.50-$2.75 each time. Sometimes I even go back in for fruit or a piece of cheese cake. My friends tease me that I eat my way through SW. At home I eat 3 meals and never a snack so it surprises people when they come to the park with me.

Im not a big eater neither is my mom so is it possible to just buy one meal deal ticket and share it or is that a no no??

Uh oh, don't forget the Terrace! (I think that's the name...over by the horse stable). We ate there yesterday for the first time and it was wonderful. Here's the items I remember:

hand-carved turkey sandwich
hand-carved beef sandwich
club sandwich
chicken ceasar salad
beef stew in bread bowl

Desserts ranged from strawberries and whipped cream to chocolate pudding to carrot cake. The main side item for the sandwiches was potato salad. The turkey sandwich was very yummy.

I just wanted to second the good review of this restaurant. We ate here last month on our vacation. Food was really good. The best part was the dessert: as mentioned--strawberries and whipped cream in a cute Shamu bowl. I cleaned the bowl and brought it home as a souvenier.

We plan on going to san diego SW before the end of the year. This meal deal sounds good. Dh is a good eater but dd11 and I dont eat a lot so i dont think it would benefit me and dd. So can dh just get the band and eat away while dd and I order our and pay for our own food. I keep reading going through the line so not sure if you go through a line for each resturant and have to eat there . Is food allowed to be taken out of the resturant? Is there a thread with pictures of food?

Haven't seen any pictures of food, and never thought to take any either.

If you purchase the meal plan, you recieve a wrist band and show it to the cashier. It does not have to be purchased for every one in your party, but no sharing is allowed (except for children under 3). If your DH can eat a lot, let him get the wrist band. Then the two of you can order what you want and pay for it.
There is patio seating, but food isn't supposed to be taken from the restaurant, unless it's a snack or a drink.

No sharing allowed :rolleyes1

So If dh, me and ds gets wristbands I can't share with my picky 8 y.o.dd? That stinks. I never know if and when she'll eat....hate to buy a band for her and then she decides not to eat that day!:confused3
I don't eat much either.
hhhhmmmm.........maybe I should by wristbands for the kids since they're so cheap and the kids meals are expensive. Then just get one for dh and pay for my food oop?
Shame it doesn't include snacks/vending carts!

Another bump to the top. I know it's a year old, but I can't go back to do any price checking. Generally though, if prices do go up, it's usually in small increments, like 25-50 cents.

Another bump to the top. I know it's a year old, but I can't go back to do any price checking. Generally though, if prices do go up, it's usually in small increments, like 25-50 cents.

We ended up not getting wristbands! it worked out fine for us as my younger 2 didn't eat very much lunch that day and we ate dinner after we left SW when it closed.:goodvibes

Break even for me at best. Doubt I could eat $30 worth of counter service food.

I'm not sure it saved me much money, either, but I'm getting one again this year just so I can run through and get a bottle of water whenever I want. Although whatever they save on me, they lose on middle daughter and my two teenage boys! ;)

Does the 'side' still include desserts?

Did last year. If it doesn't this year they'll have a riot on their hands with my middle daughter. :scared1:

Hi, I just stumbled upon this while googling the SW Dining Plan. We will be going in 2 weeks for a day and the dining plan option sounds interesting. Our tickets are already paid for as we just purchased Sesame Place season passes and it includes entrance and parking at Sea World. I haven't been to this Sea World since I was a kid and so much has changed. I can't wait to see it through my kids eyes (6yr old daughter and 19mo old son). I am thinking the dining plan is worth it, as we plan to be there all day. Am I wrong? Thanks!

ktmc74 said:
Hi, I just stumbled upon this while googling the SW Dining Plan. We will be going in 2 weeks for a day and the dining plan option sounds interesting. Our tickets are already paid for as we just purchased Sesame Place season passes and it includes entrance and parking at Sea World. I haven't been to this Sea World since I was a kid and so much has changed. I can't wait to see it through my kids eyes (6yr old daughter and 19mo old son). I am thinking the dining plan is worth it, as we plan to be there all day. Am I wrong? Thanks!

it really depends. For my family of 9 it is worth it one meal alone for us is just around $90. So x3 and we have covered the cost of the all day dining. I did notice that going in the cooler months we didn't eat as much. We only ate the three meals and that was it. Unlike when it is hotter we will stop and get a snack and drink.

that's right. Thanks. I haven't really been to the stables lately since all but a couple of horses are there, and they're not the Bud horses. I know the list still needs a bit of work. Maybe i'll add some snack/beer prices.

It is still worth going over to the stables. They have different birds like flamingos, sand hill cranes, macaws,etc as well as meet and greets with different types of animals at various pavilions.

The restaurant over there also has pasta dishes- or at least they did last year.

Have they changed the meals at Voyagers to saying 1/4 or 1/2 chicken or are they still the single, double, and triple meat platters with fries and a roll as the main menu ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter