"Eating breakfast in your room" to save money and time

I'm glad someone said they bring a toaster, I've been wondering if things like that are acceptable. I have a mini waffle iron and was thinking about taking it on a trip, or a toaster, or heck even my own super small microwave. I just wasn't sure if this was allowed for safety reasons.... any others out there who do this? I know in the past when we've traveled to the mountains and stayed in cabins I've always taken my crock pot so supper would be ready when we returned from hiking. Of course I wouldn't the a crock pot to Disney but I wouldn't mind taking something that is quick use and wouldn't be plugged in except when using it. Does anyone else do that? I haven't ever seen anyone mention it but have always wondered

I don't like to do it everyday, but for a day you are trying to get to the parks before 8am it's a necessity. We had yogurt, berries, bananas, apple slices, various bars (DD likes the cereal bars, I like protein bars) and usually ate on the balcony. I would eat my banana as I got ready and took my bar with me to the bus stop.

Big money savings!

On a related topic.....does anyone know if the resort gift shops stock butter / margarine?
they have the little individual squares up for grabs inside the fridges with the yogurts and salads. Some resorts charges for them ($1 over at ASMU last year, although 2 out 3 times the CM manning the register refused my cash) and some don't (POFQ and AKL).

For my resorts without a table I use the IRONING BOARD!!!

I put it either at the foot on the bed so a few can sit at the end of the bed and watch TV or on the side if only one eating. I always put a towel on it so not to stain the cover.

At the deluxe I use the rolling tables hidden under the desk.

When they were young I brought Juicy juice boxes from home, snacks and cereals. Dh would go grab a hot breakfast if needed and bring back to the room. You can bring the trays from the eateries, I've done many times.

:worship::worship: Im sooo going to use the ironing board on our next trip!!
I am usually the first one up then my DH. kids shower at night and they eat at the small table in the room while we get dressed. I always find myself eating on the go to hit RD.

:worship::worship: Im sooo going to use the ironing board on our next trip!!
I am usually the first one up then my DH. kids shower at night and they eat at the small table in the room while we get dressed. I always find myself eating on the go to hit RD.
My mom always said "necessity is the mother of invention".

My kids are all grown but I have such fond memories of us in value and mods getting ready for another great Disney day:earsboy:

Glad to help!

Until the kids are older and have a bigger appetite, we have breakfast in the room.

It helps from a time efficiency standpoint to feed the kids while the other adult is showering .. etc.
Cereal, juice, fruit --- pretty much the same they would eat at home. Going to a restaurant is just a waste of money for our kids (2 and 6) for now.

We order groceries from garden grocer. Variety pack of cereal, bagels and cream cheese, loaf of bread, frozen breakfast egg McMuffin type things. We're DVC so we have either a full kitchen or a kitchenette.

Usually, we just end up sitting on the bed watching Stacey or the park schedule channel to help us plan out our day. I tell my teens where and when dinner is, if we have an ADR for the day and off we all go in different directions.

I'm glad someone said they bring a toaster, I've been wondering if things like that are acceptable. I have a mini waffle iron and was thinking about taking it on a trip, or a toaster, or heck even my own super small microwave. I just wasn't sure if this was allowed for safety reasons.

If you ask Disney you might be told no, they are not allowed. We didn't ask. We brought a very cheap throw away toaster. If mouse keeping told us we couldn't use it we'd be out only $10. We stayed 10 nights and had no issues. We unplugged it before leaving the room each morning.

Not too long ago the Values did not have refrigerators or coffee makers. Instead we had a fridge swap on Disboards where a few fridges people had bought would be left for others to use. There was a sign up list and we'd leave it at baggage services for the next person to use. This grew into leaving other items with the fridge including toasters, coffee makers and other items not found at the Values back then. Disney never had any issue with any of the items.

We almost always eat our breakfast in our room, just quicker, and either have the bagel/cereal we brought or I run and get breakfast from the FC and bring it back to the room. I always get up first so this works out well. Normally, our DDs will sit at the table and DW & I will sit on the edge of the bed. This is a big reason we are not fans of the remodels that either has removed the table or has the fold down bed that eliminates the table.
We use to rush all the time but now have learned to relax more on our trips and not eat on the run.

Last edited:
When the kids were younger we would get cereal, bagels, muffins and fruit and they would eat at the little table in the room. Sometimes XH or myself would run down to the QS while the other adult got ready and bring an adult bounty platter or two and we would share. Most times we didn’t eat much because we were stuffed from the previous day. If we did eat we would just sit on the bed and let the kids have the table.

Now that they are older we just grab something on the go since the boys don’t eat breakfast. I will eat some fruit for breakfast but that’s it. DD must eat in the morning.

I brought a few things last trip and no one touched anything. Next trip it’s just DD and myself and since she has to have breakfast I’m going to get bagels, muffins and fruit. We can have that in our studio very easily.

We always eat on the go. First off, none of us eat breakfast as soon as we get up, it's usually about an hour later. We all need our caffeine though, so we will grab a cup of coffee/tea to go from our room and a granola bar (usually Kind or Cliff bars), and walk out the door to the bus stop. We usually don't eat our bars until we get to the park and are standing in line for rope drop.

Cereal, bagels and cream cheese. We drive and bring a cooler with ice and keep the cream cheese good. We buy the milk at the resort. We can eat the bagels anywhere, we'll be in a studio this time, so a table and chairs, plus the sofa is plenty of space to sit and eat.

We have used an electric frying pan in an AMU family suite. We made eggs, pancakes plus tuna melts, grilled cheese, and mac and cheese. It's a great all-purpose appliance. Not only was it okay, the mousekeeper actually washed it for us every day. But I think it was okay because ASMu has a nice kitchenette. I wouldn't take it in a regular room.

We eat in shifts. First group eats while the others get ready. Then switch. Half of us showered at night and the other half showered in the morning. So the am group were one of each. (Shower/just get dressed) and watched TV if we were ready before a spot at the table came available. We did oatmeal, grits, muffins, sandwiches, coffee and juice pouches. It worked great.

We are like some others and just usually have some type of breakfast bar. One or two of us go fill up the mugs with coffee, and we usually bring some juice with us too. None of us are big morning eaters, well when we first wake up, so this works great for us. Its enough to get us going, and we usually have an early lunch around 1130.

We stay in the Family Suites, so we have a fridge and microwave. In addition to the usual cereals and milk, we found ourselves often having leftovers from the previous day's dinner that we could eat at breakfast. This trip I'm planning to buy eggs and bring the steamer bags that Ziplock makes so we can make scrambled eggs in the microwave. Not exactly gourmet, but a lifesaver when someone in the group needs to limit carbs! Cottage cheese, bananas, and yogurt are also breakfast staples for us at Disney.

I'm glad someone said they bring a toaster, I've been wondering if things like that are acceptable. I have a mini waffle iron and was thinking about taking it on a trip, or a toaster, or heck even my own super small microwave. I just wasn't sure if this was allowed for safety reasons.... any others out there who do this? I know in the past when we've traveled to the mountains and stayed in cabins I've always taken my crock pot so supper would be ready when we returned from hiking. Of course I wouldn't the a crock pot to Disney but I wouldn't mind taking something that is quick use and wouldn't be plugged in except when using it. Does anyone else do that? I haven't ever seen anyone mention it but have always wondered

They are not allowed for safety reasons, you are correct on that thought. Disney provides toasters and microwaves in their food courts for guests to use. Otherwise book a suite or villa that Disney stocks with appliances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter