EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

SHE'S HERE!

20121209WonderatPort011.jpg

Sorry for the image quality. It was dark & old lady was standing on wall.

See ya REAL SOON!

Jeff Spencer said:
We are at the embassy suites south, or will be when we leave the park and check in.

We're at the Embassy Suites North. It was very nice!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

HELP!!

Last minute question... Where dinI get the DCL shuttle to the port? I just checked my docs and it says that they will be at my luggage pickup. Since I'm not arriving on a plane but coming in from across the street, can I just go to any luggage area? I know where to go in Orlando, but it just occurred to me that I'm NOT in Florida. maybe I should pay a bit more attention to where I am??? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:wave2: Have a good journey and several of us from the 9/14/13 EBPC who have been following your thread are looking forward to all the reports about the adventure. :surfweb: Our 9 month wait can be broken by your exciting experiences.

Does it count for my 26.2 miles that we got up early and walked over a mile to the Rite Aid in downtown Long Beach to buy some liquor to start out our cruise? So surprised we could buy liquor at 7:30 on a Sunday morning.

On a very off subject note, all of my kids went to Texas A and M. Our Johnny Football won the Heisman! :cheer2::cheer2: Only our second Heisman from their college. So excited!

See you soon. Sherry

Waiting at the marriott for the shuttle. We do not leave until 11. Disappointed in local liquor store. See you soon.l

Dropped off rental car and we are waiting for our driver to take us to the port. Hubby and I are wearing navy blue Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party long sleeve tshirts and dd is wearing a red short sleeve MVMCP shirt. If you see us say hi!

We are on our Primetime van heading to the port. After 3 days at the park my feet are sore! We bought enough rum and wine to share so just come by our room:)
We are excited! I can't wait for lunch.
we do plan to do spa tour, but will be at meet and greet. I need to win a massage or pedicure.

sitting in the terminal streaming NFL red zone on my laptop and hanging out. This is *definately* the life!!! :banana:

We are table 24!!!! Can't wait for the first drink of the day!!!! Looking for fun and a party!!! They told us we would board at noon

It's just after 1:00, we're packed and almost on our way to the terminal. Sum and Aut have been texting a few friends that are already there. Can't wait to see everyone. :boat: We love you Bree and Tammy! :hug:

I am not on this cruise but yesterday I dropped off my friends at the cruise terminal. I sooo wanted to be on this cruise especially with my friends on board but with all the vacations I took this year I just didn't have enough time. I'm sure everyone is going to have a wonderful time.

Sitting at Tiki Bar in Cabo eating fish tacos and drinking margaritas. We arrived at cabo at 9:30 and were rendering by 9:45 and on the dock at 10.

Back to reality tomorrow. Sad to be leaving all my new friends but looking forward to being at home for the holidays. Safe journey to all. Hope we get to cruise again soon.

Short review - just the old lady's opinion.

Debarkation went better than I expected. I was in the Minnie group which was called after the express group, Arial, and Daisy. I was off the ship and at the shuttle stop by 9. Getting the luggage is a bit of a hassle =- it comes on caroussels instead of grouped in a room, and porters aren't exactly plentiful.

SAS Shuttle was prompt, courtous, and had a trailer for the luggage. I was at
FLL by 10 and in the line for sky cap check in. Unfortunately 8 pounds overweight, so it cost me. heck If I had known, I would have put MORE in the bag, lol.

Now waiting for my 2 pm flight.

PORT Highlights of the cruise were

Cartagena. Mixed reviews from people taking Disney tours, but my private tour was fabulous.

Cabo - LOVE Cabo, just because it's warm and lovely - the mall was mostly upscale shops. Water taxi back was 5$. Lots of vendors selling sightseeing tours and fishing tours. I bought another bracelet in the handicraft market.

PV - Love PV. There was a fiesta for the Virgin Mary. Many sand sculptures on the beach, and the procession to the church. I ate at a totally local restaurant, Fredy's. It was wonderful.

LESS than stellar port - Costa Maya. NOT a Disney quality port. Mostly tacky tourist stuff and over priced jewelry.

Most fun with Dis-ers.

Ornament exchange run as a yankee swap - WHAT a hoot.
2st day Promenade meet - big group started at 2:30 and lasted until we had to break up for boat drill
* 3 pm 'stitch & chat' in the outlook bar on sea days = a rotating cast of crafters attended.

There was no official scrapbook activity, however there were card making, origami and drawing activities, which many of the same people attended.

Stateroom crawl was VERY well attended.

The EBPC Running Club - now you understand the old lady doesn't run. Upright creeping is more correct. But the fact that there was tracking and a goal made me keep moving - I did ~28 miles in the 14 days.

Especial Kudos to Jeff & Susan Spencer for the website, ID cards & hosting the stateroom crawl among other things. VWURunner for hosting the ornament exchange, the runners club, bringing Christmas trees and heaven knows what else. ChipperMerlin for taking over the FE list.

Congratulations to DisneyLoveBirds (Melissa & Xavier) who got engaged at port before the cruise.

My thanks to PBewley (Paul & Dana) who didn't ask to sit with me, but made dinner time an absolute pleasure.

Terrific cruise. On the way home to make Christmas. Safe Journey, all!

Happy Day, all!

Had a wonderful cruise. Met a lot of really nice disboarders. Even though we didn't do the FE, we received some very nice gifts. Thanks to everyone who contributed. It was very thoughtful and appreciated. Hope everyone makes it home safely and enjoy the holidays. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter