ECV Carrier

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
I just had an ECV carrier installed on the back of my car. It's one that folds up against the back when not in use. But it covers the license plate. How do you all handle this? Should I try to move the license plate up into the window? Will I get pulled over by police?

Is it legal to have the plate in the window? I think either in the window or covered would make you a magnet for getting pulled over :eek:

I don’t think a license plate can be covered and needs to be affixed outside of the vehicle, not in a window.
I would suggest contacting the place you got the carrier and also the Florida Motor vehicle department for what yo do

Check with your local PD, but I’ve seen them around here with the plate left as-is. According to a family member retired from PD it is fine.

Interesting..Harbor Freight sells one for under $200. It uses an already imstalled trailer hitch.

Check with your states DMV. Pretty sure plate must be visible. I've seen plates mounted on trailers. I wouldn't think a trailer for a scooter has different rules then a trailer for.a boat

I wouldn't think a trailer for a scooter has different rules then a trailer for.a boat
Boat trailers generally has it’s own plate, separate registration from the tow vehicle. A hitch-mount cargo carrier does not require a plate. We have one similar to this. Definitely check local regulations, though.

Same concept, but probably more like this because she says in the first post that it folds against the back when not in use.
1665358075770.jpeg

OP should check with her local PD or DMV for specifics, and see what the vendor offers or suggests as plate relocation for that carrier. The challenge with most auxillary license plate holders is that it either works when the cargo carrier is open or it works when the carrier is closed, but not in both positions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter