EE and Monorail ???

I'm pretty sure you can--I've seen it running when I've been waiting to get in during the EE hour on Saturdays and there looked to be people on it.

Unfortunetly I believe the answer is no, you can not use it for EE. My understanding is that the Monorail does not leave the DTD station until official park opening. Also the Monorail is a Tomorrowland attraction and Fantasyland is the area that is open during EE. Both of these leads me to believe that the Monorail is not available during EE.

If this does get answered, I have a follow-up: What's the best way to get from DLH to the park for early entry, and what time should one leave the DLH to get there?

Also, I thought EE days were just Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday but I think I saw someone reporting that they used their EE on a Wednesday (perhaps due to grad night cancelling the Thursday EE).

DISer posters have said that the monorail does operate for EE with the first monorail arriving about the same time the first guests enter at the main entry. That's the way it used to work when EE was offered a few years back. I suggest you check with the hotel when you check in, because it is subject to change. If you cannot confirm that the monorail will be operating for EE, I suggest you walk down to the main entrance to be on the safe side.

Remember also that EE is always subject to change. While these unofficial sites will tell you that EE is typically offered on Mon, Tue, Thur, and Sat, dats are always subject to change (although, I've only been aware of changes for June Grad Nights or other special parties). To be on the safe side, check with your hotel when you check in to confirm the schedule for EE. Good neighbor hotels should have this info as well as the Disney hotels.

As CalGal describes, that's the way it was working in late May. It was running for EE, and the first train passed the Main Street turnstiles just before they opened them. So, while the train was doing its circling about in Tomorrowland, Main Street guests were starting the walk towards the castle. I think we all arrived at the Matterhorn at just about the same time.

This was a Saturday, at 7:00am. It might be different on different days, I don't know.

What time do you have to get to the monorail station to get on that first train into tomorrowland, do you know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter