Effective DVC Point Rental Agreements

Forgot to say this earlier - thanks for posting your sample contract. Will prove to be very useful if/when I decide to rent my points in the future.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments and examples!

As a baby step I had listed our points with a rental service to see if they would go quickly. After ~2 weeks they recommended that I make a confirmed reservation and list that instead of listing points for rent.
"We feel that it may be in your best interest to book a confirmed reservation to advertise on our site, as a desirable existing reservation may be a better opportunity for you to rent your points to a prospective guest."

Our gut feel is that renters would prefer to say when and where, rather than shoe-horn into dates and villa type that we chose. Plus I have to brush up on the rules for changing/canceling a reservation that uses banked points which expire (Nov 30 2021).

Experience and perspective welcome!

As a baby step I had listed our points with a rental service to see if they would go quickly. After ~2 weeks they recommended that I make a confirmed reservation and list that instead of listing points for rent.

Our gut feel is that renters would prefer to say when and where, rather than shoe-horn into dates and villa type that we chose. Plus I have to brush up on the rules for changing/canceling a reservation that uses banked points which expire (Nov 30 2021).

Any change to a trip that uses less points or a cancelation that happens within 31 days or less from check in...no matter the type of points, will resort in holding penalties,

So, with a renter, you do not want to adjust at least 31 days prior to check in. Your points expire anyway, but holding means you can’t even book a new trip until 60 days or less from check in.

list them yourself here.....much easier and faster

list them yourself here.....much easier and faster
I agree. I find it easier, and they rent out faster, if I list the points here on the boards. It is true that I must then sometimes talk to people, make arrangements for Magical Express, solve a few problems, and things like that. But in exchange, I retain control of my points, I am tend to keep up more with what is happening at Disney and DVC, I meet new, amazing people, AND, I help people enjoy Disney, so I kind of live vicariously through them.

I agree. I find it easier, and they rent out faster, if I list the points here on the boards. It is true that I must then sometimes talk to people, make arrangements for Magical Express, solve a few problems, and things like that. But in exchange, I retain control of my points, I am tend to keep up more with what is happening at Disney and DVC, I meet new, amazing people, AND, I help people enjoy Disney, so I kind of live vicariously through them.
Renters can actually book the ME themselves. You can provide them this link so they submit the information when they know their flights (of course not needed come 1/1/22 anyhow)... https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

Renters can actually book the ME themselves. You can provide them this link so they submit the information when they know their flights (of course not needed come 1/1/22 anyhow)... https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform
Soon to be a moot point, of course, but I’ve read that DVC wanted us to book DME via the link on the member website or by calling MS for accounting purposes, since our dues pay for DME services for DVC members.

Soon to be a moot point, of course, but I’ve read that DVC wanted us to book DME via the link on the member website or by calling MS for accounting purposes, since our dues pay for DME services for DVC members.
Interesting, never heard that. I’d still rather my renters have control of their own ME reservation. If nothing else sounds like a save to our DVC dues. 🤗

Last edited:
Interesting, never heard that. I’d still rather my renters have control of their own ME reservation. If nothing else sounds like a save yo our DVC dues. 🤗
Yeah, didn’t make sense to me either. Disney knows whether a guest is staying via DVC points or cash, seems like they could track the DME usage that way!

Thank you I think that's the best way too.

Point Rental are still going strong. I still keep turning down people who want to rent points. I'm not even trying to rent, but previous people keep asking. Unfortunately, I am low enough on points that I really just want to wait until next year before I do anything with them.

Reactions: cm8
yeah, I am currently working on 2 unsolicited requests for rentals and might even borrow a few points to complete them. my grand daughters will soon be getting old enough to enjoy WDW and we will be using our points again!!

Hello, this is a great thread! I’m wondering if anyone has a point transfer contract to share. I am an owner working with another owner. I’m sure some type of contract could give us both peace of mind.
Thanks in advance!

Hello, this is a great thread! I’m wondering if anyone has a point transfer contract to share. I am an owner working with another owner. I’m sure some type of contract could give us both peace of mind.
Thanks in advance!
I don't think a contract for the point transfer is really necessary. The transfer is done in real time over the phone with a CM and both parties on the line. I've done it once and it was super easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter