Electric adapters on Danube river cruise

Raya

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend an electrical adaptor for use on the Danube River Cruise? Preferably one from Amazon with prime shipping. I totally forgot I'd need one and haven't found one locally. The ones online talk about ensuring my device can take 220 volt since they don't convert, which I thought was the whole point. Any advice?

If the OP can tell us what specific device they are concerned about we might be able to provide a more concrete answer. @OhanaCuz is correct above, there is a difference between a "converter" and an "Adaptor". The Converter will transform the european 220 volt system to US 110 volt. An Adaptor will simply allow you to plug a us plug into an european outlet.

If the OP can tell us what specific device they are concerned about we might be able to provide a more concrete answer. @OhanaCuz is correct above, there is a difference between a "converter" and an "Adaptor". The Converter will transform the european 220 volt system to US 110 volt. An Adaptor will simply allow you to plug a us plug into an european outlet.

My laptop and cell phone both need an adapter, while my camera and hair iron need a converter. So I guess the answer is both. I ended up purchasing the OhanaCuz recommended this morning. It looks like it will cover both needs. :)

I normally take a 110/220 universal power strip with 1 power adapter for the country we are going to. If I do not have a dual voltage device, I do not take it and purchase that device in that country. (Hair dryer, fan, etc). Anything with a motor that is native to 110 volts can have an issue with corrected frequency sine wave of power converters (50z vs 60hz).

My laptop and cell phone both need an adapter, while my camera and hair iron need a converter. So I guess the answer is both. I ended up purchasing the OhanaCuz recommended this morning. It looks like it will cover both needs. :)

For something such as a curling iron you need make sure the watts doesn't exceed the maximum.

This is from the Q&A section for that product:

https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx3RX4ZFZDLXXJY/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza?asin=B01M3MXMA3

If it's too much you're going to need something like this (or buy a local one like @WebmasterMike does).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPJD3L4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_L5BpzbM3P3J2E

I was looking at the Amaway waterways on the internet yesterday and saw a video where someone showed a USB port near the head of the bed. Does that mean we wont have to bring an adapter/converter on the ship. We will be going on the yet to be built Amalea September 2018

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter