• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eliminate the Park Reservation Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lines, they weren’t bad, we waited in hour long lines for some things (Smugglers Run and Flight of Passage), but they moved because of lack of fast passes, but people were visibly upset and you could hear the comments when a VIP tour group walked right passed them.
Really? VIP is available to anyone that wants to purchase it. The people upset could have purchased the VIP tour. I have never purchased one but I have to option to do so if I want to, therefore I don't get upset or make comments about the people passing me and my family in the FP+ line. They paid for that right.

Really? VIP is available to anyone that wants to purchase it. The people upset could have purchased the VIP tour. I have never purchased one but I have to option to do so if I want to, therefore I don't get upset or make comments about the people passing me and my family in the FP+ line. They paid for that right.
I dont care if they paid for that right or not, i'm telling you what i saw. People that paid thousands of dollars for a disney vacation, were upset because they didnt have fast passes, but if you wanted to skip the line, you could shell out thousands of more to get that access.

so while anyone can purchase them, that's not really the case. One day of a VIP tour can be $4k.

Some of you guys might be ok with the "pay to play" system that Disney is implementing, but a lot of people arent. Over the years a lot of people have paid the large park fees and hotel fees because disney was different and included things that other vacation destinations didnt.

Last edited:
tion, were upset because they didnt have fast passes, but if you wanted to skip the line, you could shell out thousands of more to get that access.

I can’t tell you the number of times we heard snarky comments and got the “ look” passing people in the standby line just using FP. We always laugh about it and I’m sure those doing VIP tours do too.
VIP tours are nothing new and people getting up
in arms because someone got something didn’t isn’t either. They’ll get over it.

I can’t tell you the number of times we heard snarky comments and got the “ look” passing people in the standby line just using FP. We always laugh about it and I’m sure those doing VIP tours do too.
VIP tours are nothing new and people getting up
in arms because someone got something didn’t isn’t either. They’ll get over it.
They'll get over it. I think that might be the new Disney motto.

Those actions that Disney has implemented, has me so over it, that we arent returning next year.

I spoke to a friend of mine this weekend that lives in Orlando, he just moved down there. He's been an AP holder for 20 years and buys all things disney that he can, he's not renewing his pass.

They’ve never closed early for evening EMH’s. I see no reason why they’d do it now. They’re extra hours in the park. Closing earlier than normal would negate that.
That said, I would stay away from evening hours parks entirely. They’re always more crowded. When we used to do emh’s, we hopped to that park for just the EMH’s.

They closed early to the peons for the ticketed events. I see the Deluxe evenings more in line with those.

They closed early to the peons for the ticketed events. I see the Deluxe evenings more in line with those.
Ticketed events aren’t the same. They don’t close the parks earlier than normal, then add back those hours and call them extra. There is nothing special that goes on, just hours beyond normal operating hours.

It’s just pot stirring to suggest they’d do it any different now. I’m no fan of how Disney is cutting things, but this one isn’t a real cause for concern.

What bothers me is that park hopper seems an obscene waste of money with this. I can’t go to the second park for lunch, and really that means I’ll only hop on days I’m at DHS or AK when they close earlier.
What time can I get into Epcot on those days? I figured I’d do resort mornings or Disney Springs.

Yea the 2Pm shouldn't be for EPCOT IMO.

But the hopper (AP) saved us so many times when we couldn't get the park we wanted reserved.

Ironically it was usually EPCOT we wanted (and will want for F&W) so we would park at DHS (also weirdly available), scan in and skyline over to EPCOT.

I highly doubt “anyone that wants to” can pay $4k to skip the lines for one day.

They'll get over it. I think that might be the new Disney motto.

Those actions that Disney has implemented, has me so over it, that we arent returning next year.

I spoke to a friend of mine this weekend that lives in Orlando, he just moved down there. He's been an AP holder for 20 years and buys all things disney that he can, he's not renewing his pass.

We won't be returning until next year either, if then. This trip is a one off, but clearly you, your friend and I are not the majority of people. I still think it's ignorant for people who didn't pay for an experience to be nasty and rude to those who did.

Last edited:
I miss fast passes but if they brought in a paid fast pass option I probably wouldn’t buy it. Disney park tickets for the family are already expensive and if we had extra cash I would rather let my little ones buy something in the gift shop rather than save 15 mins of waiting at a ride.

You partially quoted the sentence. I clearly said "VIP is available to anyone that wants to purchase it" not "anyone that wants to". Huge difference.
You made this comment because you seemed surprised that anyone in the standby line would feel upset when seeing others passing them in the VIP line. Your point was that they could have purchased it if they wanted to but chose not to. Just because they’re technically allowed to purchase it doesn’t mean they can.

You made this comment because you seemed surprised that anyone in the standby line would feel upset when seeing others passing them in the VIP line. Your point was that they could have purchased it if they wanted to but chose not to. Just because they’re technically allowed to purchase it doesn’t mean they can.
And that would be envy. One of the 7 deadly sins. I see people with a nicer house than me, I don't give it a second thought. Nicer cars, same thing. People pass us in the VIP line, good for them! I just don't understand why people are upset with people that use VIP. I guess the saying is true. Haters gonna hate.

And that would be envy. One of the 7 deadly sins. I see people with a nicer house than me, I don't give it a second thought. Nicer cars, same thing. People pass us in the VIP line, good for them! I just don't understand why people are upset with people that use VIP. I guess the saying is true. Haters gonna hate.

I think the difference is, my neighbor having a nicer car isn't at the expense of my ability to have a car (nice or not). I can understand someone being at least annoyed by a VIP tour moving to the front of the line because to some degree, their benefit is at my expense. I saw some get upset that Deluxe guests my get more time in the parks. As long as the parks aren't closed early to accommodate their benefit, it should make no difference. A line is a little different. That said, people should probably temper their frustration a little. If the VIP group cost you 2.5 minutes in a 30 minute line, that's not worth getting worked up over. If 45 VIP groups all went ahead of you in the past 20 minutes, that's a different story.

I suspect people standing in long lines are just generally frustrated and see the VIP folks as a good place to direct their aggravation. Between tickets, hotels, travel, and a host of other expenses, a family of four has already spent a pretty good chunk of money and vacation time to be in that line. Given that you only have so many minutes to squeeze as much as you can out of your vacation dollars, any perceived delays will undoubtedly increase stress levels. I get that I could drop an extra $21,000 (minimum) over my seven day vacation for a VIP pass, but a recent check of my "Extra Money" bucket indicates that isn't going to happen.

I'm DVC. Cheaper than renting hotel room. I now enjoy my time sitting at the pool enjoying it, dining out at the many restaurants'. Don't need the parks.

Of course if they decide to charge to sit at the pool (something that wouldn't surprise me) then I would consider not going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter