Eliminate the Park Reservation Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone in standby is next to get on the ride and a VIP comes in and takes that spot, how is that not at the expense of the standby guest? Yes they’re able to wait in line but their wait just got longer. Expense.

How many actual seconds have you lost because a single group of people (what is the limit, 10?) got on right before you? There are things to worry about that really cause serious delays and things that just don't matter in the long run. VIP tours fall into the 2nd category. Honestly, it's not adding significant time to anyone's wait. VIP tours may have increased, but it still isn't delaying anyone enough that they have a real complaint- it's just irritating to some to see someone get preferential treatment and that's the real cause of the complaining.

How many actual seconds have you lost because a single group of people (what is the limit, 10?) got on right before you? There are things to worry about that really cause serious delays and things that just don't matter in the long run. VIP tours fall into the 2nd category. Honestly, it's not adding significant time to anyone's wait. VIP tours may have increased, but it still isn't delaying anyone enough that they have a real complaint- it's just irritating to some to see someone get preferential treatment and that's the real cause of the complaining.
It's not just them getting on the ride before you, for me, it gives disney "permission" to charge more for additional things that the "regular guests" (whom are already paying thousands also) dont get.

People keep paying for VIP, then disney will come up with another chargeable event, more pay for play.

Last edited:
So we're not going for awhile here for a number of reasons. I haven't totally kept up with the park-hopping and reservations deal, but here's what I'm going to want to be able to do when I do go back:
  • Go to some park not named EPCOT in the morning.
  • Go to EPCOT sometime late afternoon.
  • Book Fastpasses (or whatever they're replaced by) for EPCOT.
If that's not viable in the reservation system when the time comes, it's definitely going to be viewed as a negative in our household. If it is, then we probably won't even blink at it.

Some of you guys might be ok with the "pay to play" system that Disney is implementing, but a lot of people arent.
Those actions that Disney has implemented, has me so over it, that we arent returning next year.

That's really the best thing for you to do. It's sad to lose a place that used to make you happy, but if Disney's way of currently running things is upsetting to you, then not going makes the best sense. One, you're telling Disney that they are no longer someplace you wish to spend your money, plus, you're giving yourself a chance to go someplace else where you will have a more enjoyable time. Hugs! :)

(I got my answer. thanks!! :) )

Right now, are you allowed to go to only two parks per day? Or can you hop to a few parks after the 2PM start time?

I checked the WDW web site, but I couldn't find anything about that. just that you don't need a reservation for the park you are hopping to and that you must arrive in the park you did reserve before hopping.

Last edited:
That's really the best thing for you to do. It's sad to lose a place that used to make you happy, but if Disney's way of currently running things is upsetting to you, then not going makes the best sense. One, you're telling Disney that they are no longer someplace you wish to spend your money, plus, you're giving yourself a chance to go someplace else where you will have a more enjoyable time. Hugs! :)
We just booked a few nights for next year at Yellowstone (bucket list of staying at Old Faithfull Inn), and will be booking the rest of that vacation for other nights this weekend. Facebook memories of our "vacation" from last year are popping up this week, and i cant tell you how much fun it was. We were supposed to cruise for a week, and of course that didnt happen, but instead of going back to disney, we decided to go to my inlaws camp in the GA mountains and do lots of little things for a week. They ended up selling the place in the fall, and i'm so glad we did that last year. We made tons of memories that week, like playing a board game in a state park under a shelter with a gorgeous view of the mountains and panning for gold. We visited 5 or 6 State Parks.

Its about the experience and memories you create. When we start to think about all the negative things that come with a trip, then its time to move in a different direction.

Right now, are you allowed to go to only two parks per day? Or can you hop to a few parks after the 2PM start time?

I checked the WDW web site, but I couldn't find anything about that. just that you don't need a reservation for the park you are hopping to and that you must arrive in the park you did reserve before hopping.

After 2:00 p.m., you can hop to your heart's content--no park limit.

It's not just them getting on the ride before you, for me, it gives disney "permission" to charge more for additional things that the "regular guests" (whom are already paying thousands also) dont get.

People keep paying for VIP, then disney will come up with another chargeable event, more pay for play.

That's a viable argument and I see your point, especially now that they've left no other options to avoid long waits. I just don't think the argument that the wait is longer with VIP is a good one.

I’m just wondering when I can book dates for a trip in early March. I’ve tried to get into the system but it won’t work.

SEA WORLD AND UNIVERSAL LOOKS MORE INVITING.

Disney has be become super control freaks
Because we put up with it and just keep going.... at some point people have to say enough is enough.

I hope people start realizing that there are other things to do, by doing so, it'll make WDW more enjoyable when they go back.

It isn't just Disney, it's everything. This is from an article posted just today on NBC (bolding theirs, not mine):

on latest data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are five foods that will definitely be pricier this summer based on increases from June 2020 to June 2021.

1. Bacon — up 15.6%.
  2. Whole milk — up 11.2%.
  3. Eggs — up 5.7%.
  4. Ground coffee — up 1.9%.
  5. Bananas — up 1.2%.
These are just some food items. Realize this is happening in all industries. So not only is Disney charging more in areas to make a profit, they're passing on a lot of increases in everything else as well. Covid might feel over to a lot of people, but there is still so much being effected in the long term, as well as other countries not feeling it's over at all. Their supply chains are still mucked up, their % of those sick is still high, and some are still quite locked down. We get our goods from some of those countries as well.

Yeah, I think some things Disney does are getting too expensive for me. I will no longer do those things. For example, Boo Bash prices were way to high for me for what we are getting. Clearly, not everyone shares that view, and it's all good. I guess to me it comes down to 'you do you', which sounds so flippant to me, but I really don't mean it that way. Life's too short. Do what makes YOU happy. And no matter what everyone says, that makes it the right decision for you.

It isn't just Disney, it's everything. This is from an article posted just today on NBC (bolding theirs, not mine):

on latest data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are five foods that will definitely be pricier this summer based on increases from June 2020 to June 2021.

1. Bacon — up 15.6%.
  2. Whole milk — up 11.2%.
  3. Eggs — up 5.7%.
  4. Ground coffee — up 1.9%.
  5. Bananas — up 1.2%.
These are just some food items. Realize this is happening in all industries. So not only is Disney charging more in areas to make a profit, they're passing on a lot of increases in everything else as well. Covid might feel over to a lot of people, but there is still so much being effected in the long term, as well as other countries not feeling it's over at all. Their supply chains are still mucked up, their % of those sick is still high, and some are still quite locked down. We get our goods from some of those countries as well.

Yeah, I think some things Disney does are getting too expensive for me. I will no longer do those things. For example, Boo Bash prices were way to high for me for what we are getting. Clearly, not everyone shares that view, and it's all good. I guess to me it comes down to 'you do you', which sounds so flippant to me, but I really don't mean it that way. Life's too short. Do what makes YOU happy. And no matter what everyone says, that makes it the right decision for you.

INFLATION! WHAT INFLATION? :idea:

SeaWorld is a lot more laid back. It's a double edged sword though because some guest behavior at SeaWorld can be downright unbelievable. However I think I'm beginning to like that more than the Disney micromanaging of everything. It's so much better now that they're maskless and have opened up availability on park passes.

I recently finished up a mini family reunion which I planned for our group of 11. We managed to squeeze in Seaworld, Universal/IOA/Volcano Bay & MK. My family has been big Disney fans, doing the cruises, DVC, tons of park visits over the years. I have to say this reservation system has turned me off to Disney. It used to be so fun planning a Disney trip, but it's turned into just stress and a continued compulsive checking of the reservation system. I had situations where some had reservations and others didn't. I wouldn't have minded giving up my own reservation so my niece could go with the rest of her cousins, but reservations are name specific. I must have searched 10x per day x3 months. When a day would pop up, that *might* work, I had to purchase extra 1 day tickets in order to even try to make a reservation without losing the existing reservation. So in the end, we ended up only going to Magic Kingdom for 1 day. We did 3 days at Universal and 1 at Seaworld. Thank goodness for the other parks. Disney has turned into more trouble than it's worth.

So now, I have a DVC reservation in October I don't even feel like going. Trying to make a reservation for MK and what a pain. I was trying to reassign the extra 1 day tickets to my husband to make a reservation and it's disappeared...been on hold with ticketing for an hour so far. MK had been full and just opened up...have reservations for son and me. My choice now is to buy more tickets for my husband and book, or run the risk of reservations not being available by the time I get tickets reinstated. I already have 4 tickets that need to be used and don't want to buy anymore. This whole purchasing ticket for specific date and reservations has driven me bonkers. I don't even want to go anymore.

Last edited:
I hate the idea of park reservations! As an AP holder limited to 3 reservation days, this wreaks havoc with my planning. Do I really want to pay for more hotel nights if I can’t get into a park, or my preferred park? Yes, I know I can book more parks if I stay on property but, and please forgive me for this, I’m ready to get out of the Disney bubble when I leave the parks. This comes off as a blatant money grab by Disney and lessens my good will toward them.

I hate the idea of park reservations! As an AP holder limited to 3 reservation days, this wreaks havoc with my planning. Do I really want to pay for more hotel nights if I can’t get into a park, or my preferred park? Yes, I know I can book more parks if I stay on property but, and please forgive me for this, I’m ready to get out of the Disney bubble when I leave the parks. This comes off as a blatant money grab by Disney and lessens my good will toward them.

Based on things Cheap-ek has said, he is OK with that. You aren't the target audience. You just take up park space and don't spend enough money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter