Emeril's products ...

hercamore

<font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea
Hi everyone, I see Emeril's line of sauces and spices everywhere now, but have never tried them. Has anyone tried them and liked them? Target had them marked down last week. They are kind of pricey.

HI! We use the heck out of the "Essence" spices. I put them on or in just about everything. I bought one of the marinades and marinated some chicken in it. It was nothing exciting. I saw recently they even have Emeril's spaghetti sauce which I have not tried yet. I have a couple of his cook books and have tried most of those recipes with success. And I love Emeril Live :) I think the spices have a lot more flavor than the marinades. And my husband loves the "tabasco type" Emeril sauces, especially the green. I saw they sell his stuff here at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I know they have have pretty good coupons periodically!

HTH,
Candi

Thanks for the tip about the BBB store. I would never have thought of looking in there for his line of stuff. I think I'll try a couple spices because my son likes spicy food. I also saw his spaghetti sauce at Target, but it was about $5. Too much for a jar of sauce.

Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning (also known as Bayou Blast):
2 1/2 Tablespoons paprika
2 Tablespoons salt
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
1 Tablespoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 Tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly., Makes 2/3 cup.

Emeril's Southwest Seasoning:
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 Tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
Combine all ingredients thoroughly., Makes 1/2 cup.

Rustic Rub:
8 Tablespoons paprika
3 Tablespoons cayenne
5 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
6 Tablespoons garlic powder
3 Tablespoons onion powder
6 Tablespoons salt
2 1/2 Tablespoons dried oregano
2 1/2 Tablespoons dried thyme
Combine all ingredients.

We bought 2 when they were BOGO at a local grocery. We used the Orange Herb with Poppy Seed on chicken & really liked it - well, DH & I did. DD didn't like it at all & she eats almost everything! Fortunately, I had split the chicken between Emeril's & plain old BBQ sauce. We haven't tried the other one yet. They ARE expensive. Even at BOGO, it was about the top price I would pay for a marinade . . . & only when I was bored with what I usually make. Since finding this board, I wouldn't buy it at all! I have too many recipes to try!!!
:bounce:

Thank you for the copykat recipes, Pumba. I'd better get cookin'!

I just bought some of this stuff. I can't remember the exact name or ingredients, but I think the title is close. I marinated some flank steak in it and it was OK. Not great. It was very heavy on the Rosemary (not my fav spice). We normally marinate flank steak in Italian salad dressing and that has proved to be our favorite.

Personally, I think Emeril is a little overrated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter