EMH...Yay or Nay??

We RD the EMH park then hop to another park around noon. We find the parks to be about as quiet as rope dropping a non-EMH park, but the EMH park seems to get crowded a little more quickly. Morning EMH certainly isn't crowded :)

I’m going for 4 Park days in May and I’m avoiding EMH and EMM Parks, except for my last day. It is a 9-11 pm EMH at MK. I have nothing to do the next day but hang out before heading to the airport.

I will not have Park hoppers.

Yeah I’ll be done one around middle May on a Wednesday I think at MK for the late one

Why is the park more crowded on early EMH mornings, when most people don't actually get there early? :confused3

General theory is that people PLAN to go to EMH and even if they don't quite get there, their plan is in place so they go anyway. Think about the sheer number of resort guests. Let's say 30% of them head to the EMH park of the day. The other 70% are spread out over the other parks, water parks, resort day, Disney Springs, checking in/checking out. That 30% at ONE park would be huge.

So are there "regular" EMH days at each park (say, always on Tuesdays at MK) or does that vary during the year? I want to start planning for a September 2019 trip and the park hours aren't announced yet. And we do have hoppers and and want to go to MK on those days so it's difficult to do anything at this point right?

So are there "regular" EMH days at each park (say, always on Tuesdays at MK) or does that vary during the year? I want to start planning for a September 2019 trip and the park hours aren't announced yet. And we do have hoppers and and want to go to MK on those days so it's difficult to do anything at this point right?

With a big caveat that there can definitely be exceptions, the general pattern of EMH's is:

MK AM - Friday
MK PM - Wednesday

Epcot AM - Thursday
Epcot PM - Tuesday

DHS AM - Sunday
DHS PM - None regularly scheduled at this time

DAK AM - Saturday & Monday
DAK PM - None regularly scheduled at this time

Again, you may see variations in any given week, but this is more or less the regular pattern.

With a big caveat that there can definitely be exceptions, the general pattern of EMH's is:

MK AM - Friday
MK PM - Wednesday

Epcot AM - Thursday
Epcot PM - Tuesday

DHS AM - Sunday
DHS PM - None regularly scheduled at this time

DAK AM - Saturday & Monday
DAK PM - None regularly scheduled at this time

Again, you may see variations in any given week, but this is more or less the regular pattern.

Thanks so much! I knew this had to be somewhere here but just couldn't find it easily :)

We've had great success with EMH as long as we have park hoppers. Do the EMH park for a few hours, back to the resort for a bit, then hop to a different park in the evening.

The theory around avoiding EMH is mostly for non-hoppers. You're stuck at a park that tends to get busier as the day wears on. It doesn't really make sense since it's the early hours that are "special", but non-planners tend to go to the EMH park even if they don't make it there in time for EMH.

We attend an EMH every day. It's actually how we start blocking out the park calendar. We prefer the morning ones but enjoy the evening ones as well. We get hoppers though so we're not tied in for the day and pretty much always go to two parks a day. In our experience morning EMH is hands down the best time to be in the parks. One thing we don't do though is the lining up before park opening. I don't think we would enjoy that and we don't find it necessary. We generally arrive between five minutes before EMH opening and five minutes after.

Typically we may do a few EMH mornings, but that was back when they were more prevalent. Currently, we have found success by going to the park that had evening EMH the next day. The next trip that we have planned will be in November with my then 18 month old, so I doubt we will be doing many early mornings since she doesn't wake up until around 9-10 am.

Typically we may do a few EMH mornings, but that was back when they were more prevalent. Currently, we have found success by going to the park that had evening EMH the next day. The next trip that we have planned will be in November with my then 18 month old, so I doubt we will be doing many early mornings since she doesn't wake up until around 9-10 am.

That's an interesting strategy (going to the parks that had previous evening EMH) - I will take a look at that. Thanks!

That's an interesting strategy (going to the parks that had previous evening EMH) - I will take a look at that. Thanks!
I think we tried that last few years after seeing a comment on the boards about that and have found success with it. The only problem is now that they are slowly removing EMH evening now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter