Emma Watson choosen to play Belle

Mizzoufan

DIS Veteran
I can't see her as Belle.

"Time to start some singing lessons," the actress says about playing Belle

Harry Potter star Emma Watson’s latest role will be another bookish heroine.

“I will be playing Belle in Disney’s new live-action Beauty and the Beast!” the actress posted on her Facebook page. “My six year old self is on the ceiling – heart bursting. Time to start some singing lessons.”

The movie will be directed by Bill Condon, who directed The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, and produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.

According to a Disney press release, the film will begin filming later this year.

http://time.com/3682451/emma-watson-disney-beauty-and-the-beast/

I would have thought the casting director would have made sure Emma could sing before casting her. I guess they could have a real singer do voice-overs if necessary.

It's a movie. They'll just have a ghost singer if need be.

Then again can Emma Watson really do worse than some of those pop singers they bring in to do these things?

singing-in-the-rain.jpg

Maybe they can call Kathy Selden.

I'm sure they made sure that she could at least carry a tune before casting her. Singers take lessons, that's how they get so good.

I think she will make a wonderful Belle. I'm looking forward to it.

Vera-Ellen could not sing. She was dubbed in White Christmas. Singer Trudy Stevens sang for Vera-Ellen, except for the song "Sisters", where co-star Rosemary Clooney sang both parts.

Anyway, I am willing to bet Emma will learn to sing.

I think that she'll make a great Belle! My DD14 is all excited....Emma is one of her big time favorites!

I think it's a wonderful choice!!! I am willing to bet she can sing fairly well, and she said she will be taking lessons. Acting wise, she is a perfect choice. Heck, both Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint can sing, so why not Emma too LOL.

I am really excited for this one! Belle was always my favorite Disney princess, and Emma is really intelligent and well spoken, like Belle. I am sure she will be fantastic.

They should shoot the ballroom scenes at the BOG restaurant. :)

I just read this and asked Dh who he thought should play Belle and he said her straight away without any prompting - wow!

I think she'd be a wonderful fit (if she had long hair).

Singing lessons isn't that surprising... from what I recall, I believe Nicole Kidman needed lessons and a voice coach to do Moulin Rouge, and that movie had a phenomenal soundtrack.

Emma Watson can certainly do the same!

Singing ability aside, I think she's a great choice in terms of demeanor and personality.

Now who's getting cast as Gaston? :teeth:

I would have thought the casting director would have made sure Emma could sing before casting her. I guess they could have a real singer do voice-overs if necessary.

I doubt if they even thought about it. I think they're going for the name. I mean, how many of the actors in "Into the Woods" are singers?

I'm happy for her and I'm excited to hear they are making this movie. If she can't sing they will just auto tune her like they do everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter