"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

What a neat DIS meet and recognize some familiar faces!
The party just don't stop for your birthday, huh?
I have never tried one of the slushies but everyone raves about them on the DIS so maybe I should change that. :thumbsup2

What a wonderful afternoon! So great that you all got to spend time together at Tutto Gusto and what a lovely birthday surprise! Mmmm you have me thinking about GM slushies now :rotfl:

AWESOME meet!!!

I know from personal experience that food to go is not always a great idea at Disney. The leftover fried chicken I took from Prime Time Café, and the waitress warned me I wouldn't eat, and I insisted I would, did indeed get "binned"

Glad you got your slushie, and another group shot.

What a great update!! How wonderful to get to see all those people and have some free birthday dessert too!! Looks like a wonderful time!! I really do have to get in on some of these dining meet up things! It sounds awesome!!

Props to Em for staying back in the room doing homework!! Wow! Lol.

Yay for GM slushies!!

Great update! What a fun DIS meet... With drinks! Hmmm, good thing for Brenda because I need to borrow a pic from our meet with her too. Lol so fun that y'all were all able to hang out a little bit. That birthday dessert looks delicious!

We heard this same storyteller. She was really interesting and I learned a lot about Kwanzaa. :)

That was a very nice birthday surprise. Was this your best birthday - ever - or at least one of your best birthdays? It seems like the party never ended. ;) I can't wait to hear what happened to your birthday dessert. :)

Oh me too, though I do admit to wandering just a bit. Brenda and the others really got into it though.

Sue, this was easily my best birthday ever. No contest. I knew before I even arrived that the Birthday celebration was going the entire length of the trip., and it did exactly that. And this gesture by these ladies was just so incredibly sweet.
Oh my, the birthday dessert. Stay tuned...

Wow, that is some DIS royalty right there! Sounds like such an awesome time!

I agree that village seems like a stretch . Though I suppose "Santa's nearly empty quardened off area" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

The story tellers all sound quite neat!

It was awesome Phil. Lots of royalty in the house for sure.

Haha, it did made me giggle. Basically a meet and greet and, of course, some retail.

I really liked that aspect of Christmas in Epcot. It just fit perfectly with the World Showcase theme.

What a fabulous DISmeet!! Looks like you guys had a great time at Tutto Gusto --- and I love the post-meal slushies! :thumbsup2

Super fabulous Julie. I think everyone had a good time, but I think I had the best, lol. And YUM slushies... FINALLY!!! It was even better since we had to wait.

Great DIS meet again. I'm sure the school bread would've been a better option in the container than chocolate :rotfl2:
Love the candid photos too. Great WS cast member shoot except for the guy in the pic :rotfl:

For sure Jeremy, it was great to see everyone again. And... yeah... school bread was definitely the better choice for a container. But that's up next.

Thank GOD for Brenda. Otherwise I'd have virtually none. Seriously, every time I got in the big group I put the camera away. I just can't seem to get the guys out the photos, lol.

It sounds like a wonderful time with great friends! :thumbsup2 I love how the DIS brings together so many people.

The picture of you drinking the slushie while everyone else is posing it up for the camera made me laugh! :rotfl:

It was so great Lauren, and something very unique for me, making it even better. I really am in awe about all the amazing people I've met and the many I hope to meet someday... like maybe September...

Oh my GOD me too. When I saw that photo I busted. But I'd waited far too long by that point to wait any longer.

Hey there Rob! Glad to be getting caught up. :)

I can now say that I'm in the strawberry shortcake fan club! I finally saw for myself what the commotion is all about with that lovely dessert - or rather breakfast as I called it one morning. Ohhhhh sooo good!

Glad you were able to "pose" with Anna and Elsa! Well done! All that and no wait.

So.... you heard slushies in France and were there post haste! Too bad the stand wasn't open yet. Bummer. Our pub crawl day was such fun. I'm so glad you joined! And even better that those nice Italian gals recognized a DisneyKid4Life birthday! Sorry I couldn't sing along in Italian. :)

Your updates bring back some great memories. :)

Oh Brenda, I am so happy you're back (not happy your trip's over, just happy your back here). You've been missed. :hug:

RIGHT??!! It is totally the breakfast of champions. Welcome to the club.

Honestly it was the best I could do with that line. PLUS, I had Slushies to get to.

See, Slushies!!! Yes, it sucked that the booth wasn't open, BUT, all good things come to those who wait. Honestly, I enjoyed every second of the "pub crawl", and I am truly honoured and touched to be invited, believe me. And the Italian sing off was the absolute icing on the cake. Talk about taking an awesome day and making it even better. And that's quite all right... I wouldn't have understood anyway.

Oh me TOO!!!!!! I miss that trip so much.

Awwww, what a great Dis meet! :goodvibes I am so happy (and quite a bit envious... ;)) that you were able to pack in so much time with so many other awesome people on the boards. For that reason (among many others, haha) I really want to get back in September... As rumor has it SO many people will be there again! :cloud9: just not yet sure when the next time I can swing a trip will be... But it must be sooner than later, that much I do know!!! ;)

It really was so great Tracy. I was so happy to get to see everyone again, AND add in another in the process in meeting Rachel. AND there's still more to come.
Yes, September is looking pretty good DISer wise. That and this month is crazy with DISers. I'm trying to book September for that very reason (among many others ;))

I love the storytellers in Epcot! I especially enjoyed the Kwanzaa storyteller!

What a nice DISmeet! I have always wanted to check out Tutto Gusto!

I love your shirt!

I can't wait to have a slushie soon!!!!!!!!!!

Great update! Can't wait to find out where you ate!

Aren't they a great addition??? Plus they're hardly ever crowded, so it's easy to get up close if you want to.

Caitlin, I was so excited to see everyone again. They are such amazing and wonderful people. It blows my mind that everyone there "met" as a result of DISboards. Tutto Gusto was pretty neat. I'm not a wine person at all, so it would never had been a first choice for me, but it was perfect for our little get together.

Haha, thanks!!!I think only DISers and CM's actually get it.

AHHHHHHHHHHH I love those slushies!!! Have one for me!!!!

Thank you!! I ate at one of my absolute fav places.

What a neat DIS meet and recognize some familiar faces!
The party just don't stop for your birthday, huh?
I have never tried one of the slushies but everyone raves about them on the DIS so maybe I should change that. :thumbsup2

It was great Marcie. Nothing better than a table full of DISers.
Haha, no indeed. Absolutely the best birthday ever. So nice of those CM's to do that, and completely unexpected.
Oh I think you should try one in June. Seriously, they are delish!!

Great pics! :)

Thanks so much!!

What a wonderful afternoon! So great that you all got to spend time together at Tutto Gusto and what a lovely birthday surprise! Mmmm you have me thinking about GM slushies now :rotfl:

Really lovely Alexis. They are all such wonderful people. OMG that birthday surprise, the whole of it, was a really special memory for sure. And then to follow up with a delicious Slushie!! Perfection.

Sounds like such a nice DISmeet! How fun for you all. :goodvibes

Oh it sure was Sereina. There's nothing better than a DISer get together. Thankfully, there's more to come.

AWESOME meet!!!

I know from personal experience that food to go is not always a great idea at Disney. The leftover fried chicken I took from Prime Time Café, and the waitress warned me I wouldn't eat, and I insisted I would, did indeed get "binned"

Glad you got your slushie, and another group shot.

Totally awesome Dee, and it sure was good to see everyone again. It was a pretty epic group.

I sure wish I had considered the potential downfalls beforehand. But as you will see, it was not a lack of desire to eat it that was my ultimate downfall.

Oh me too. I was looking forward to this since I got up that morning. Really I was. I was thoroughly disappointed when it was initially closed. But, it was worth the extra wait.

What a great update!! How wonderful to get to see all those people and have some free birthday dessert too!! Looks like a wonderful time!! I really do have to get in on some of these dining meet up things! It sounds awesome!!

Props to Em for staying back in the room doing homework!! Wow! Lol.

Yay for GM slushies!!

Thanks Katt!!! It was so great to see everyone again PLUS a free treat. Hard to beat that. Haha, you do dining meets all the time, lol. I swear I always see invites going out on FB with extra spots for reservations. That counts I think!!

OMG, seriously right??!! And this was some important stuff too if I recall. I give her a ton of credit for having that kind of discipline.

MMMMMM... FINALLY!!!! It felt like such a long wait too, but so worth it.

How awesome - a Rachel cameo!

Absolutely awesome Rob. I was afraid I was going to miss her this trip.

Great update! What a fun DIS meet... With drinks! Hmmm, good thing for Brenda because I need to borrow a pic from our meet with her too. Lol so fun that y'all were all able to hang out a little bit. That birthday dessert looks delicious!

Thanks Kristy. DISmeet PLUS drinks is always the ultimate, lol. Haha, yes indeed. Thank goodness she's always there to get a photo. Otherwise this would have been a pretty bland update. I won't say now how the dessert tasted because there are some extenuating circumstances. BUT, frankly the gesture by the CM's was more than enough anyway.

It was so great Lauren, and something very unique for me, making it even better. I really am in awe about all the amazing people I've met and the many I hope to meet someday... like maybe September...

Oh my GOD me too. When I saw that photo I busted. But I'd waited far too long by that point to wait any longer.

Definitely let me know if you'll be going down there in September! We're there 9/13-9/20... FREE DINING! aka all of the character meals we can possibly eat! ;)

What a fun day! I can only imagine how great it would be to be seated with a table full of Disney lovers :) And on your birthday no less! Looks like you had a wonderful time:)

Your snacks from the cruise make it look like it was Halloween instead of Christmas. :)

I'm glad you included Sea World in your TR. I've never been there. We've never left Disney property anytime we've been to Florida. It looks like you had a great day. :goodvibes

Another fun DIS meet! And a great birthday treat at the end! Very thoughtful.

Sounds like the dessert may not have fared well in your carry out container but it looks to be in good shape in that group photo you took on the way out of Italy! :lmao:

Tutto Gusto looks lovely, and that birthday truffle looks delicious!

SO MANY DISMEETS! That's awesome. I'm hoping to have a DISmeet or two in July, fingers crossed it works out!

Bahaha love that second photo. July is my first trip where I'll be of legal drinking age (in America anyway) so I'm excited to try the Grey Goose slushie!

So your mega Dismeet, story tellers, Epcot, slushies, Italian birthday songs and a birthday truffle combined make about the best day ever already! Sounds really awesome, and I love all the pictures of all you Disers together, especially with your drinks!! Such a fun time!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Definitely let me know if you'll be going down there in September! We're there 9/13-9/20... FREE DINING! aka all of the character meals we can possibly eat! ;)

Oh I sure will. I've actually been keeping track of any DISers I know are heading down then. It seems most fall into 2 groups... leaving the 20th (or so) or arriving the 20th. So my goal is to plan dates than crossover both "groups", lol.

What a fun day! I can only imagine how great it would be to be seated with a table full of Disney lovers :) And on your birthday no less! Looks like you had a wonderful time:)

Oh my it was something else indeed Jackie. It's kind of surreal when I look back on it. Haha, well "technically" I was pushing the birthday thing a bit since it was actually 5 days prior, but I promised myself this whole trip was just one long continuous day, so it works.

Your snacks from the cruise make it look like it was Halloween instead of Christmas. :)

I'm glad you included Sea World in your TR. I've never been there. We've never left Disney property anytime we've been to Florida. It looks like you had a great day. :goodvibes

I know right??!!! That's kind of what it felt like. PLUS I love Halloween in Disney, so it all works.

I really did have a lovely day in SeaWorld if for no other reason than it was something different. It's a nice one day trip.

Another fun DIS meet! And a great birthday treat at the end! Very thoughtful.

Sounds like the dessert may not have fared well in your carry out container but it looks to be in good shape in that group photo you took on the way out of Italy! :lmao:

It was wonderful Dave. I was so happy to be able to see everyone again. And there is nothing better than free treats!!!

Oh yes, it was in excellent shape at that point. Stay tuned to find out its future.

Tutto Gusto looks lovely, and that birthday truffle looks delicious!

SO MANY DISMEETS! That's awesome. I'm hoping to have a DISmeet or two in July, fingers crossed it works out!

Bahaha love that second photo. July is my first trip where I'll be of legal drinking age (in America anyway) so I'm excited to try the Grey Goose slushie!

It was pretty neat in there I must say. I'll leave my truffle impression for the next update...

Totaly DISmeet-a-mania. And I'm not done yet... Oh I hope your's work out.

Haha, I'd waited way too long to wait any longer. OMG that's exciting to be able to have a drink in July. Love love love the GGS.

So your mega Dismeet, story tellers, Epcot, slushies, Italian birthday songs and a birthday truffle combined make about the best day ever already! Sounds really awesome, and I love all the pictures of all you Disers together, especially with your drinks!! Such a fun time!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You sure said a mouthful there Wendy, and you are totally right. You would think all that would be plenty to make it the best day ever. And it truly was. And yet... there's still more to add to it. It was a blast though, that's for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter