Epcot fireworks and Dinner question

eedisney

Earning My Ears
Where is a good place to have dinner and be able to view the fireworks? Will be at Disney and planning to do Epcot on Tuesday June 17th. We are having Princess Breakfast in the morning for our 2 daughters 4 and 8 and would like to have a nice dinner that could include being able to view the Fireworks - Any suggestions??? Needs to be kid friendly also and have alcoholic beverages too for the BIG KIDS!!! Comments on Princess Breakfast would be appreciated also! If I did not mention, this is our very first Disney Trip!!!!!!!! All tips and comments appreciated!!!!:D

Here's a wondeful link that addresse the question of Illuminations dinner WITHOUT kids. As a future father, rather than a current father, I'll let the parents chime in on whether there's any difference. But from what I've seen, there isn't much at night within view of the fireworks that distinguishes itself as more kid-friendly than another.

My view: there's no better place to view Illuminations than the back porch at the Rose and Crown. As for kid-friendly, I'm thinking there may be issues with getting kids to eat the somewhat bland menu to the R&C. Any parents want to comment? Having an adult beverage at any restaurant or practically any place in Epcot isn't a problem. Look left or right, you'll find a cocktail.

The link:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355684&highlight=+illuminations++dinner

Good Luck!

Pat

We ate at Rose and Crown last Friday night, 4 adults and 4 teens. Three of the teens opted to eat off the kids menu. One had a childs size fish and chips, another had pasta with sauce, and the other had english muffin pizza. Each were about $5-$6. We had a 7:30 p.s. but didn't get seated (inside) until after 8:30. It was pouring rain and we didn't think they would do Illuminations, but they did. We asked our waitress if we could go out on the patio to watch, and she said "sure". Most of us squeezed past to get to the far corner, however the last 2 got a hard time from a waiter and ended up back inside. We had already seen the show on Easter evening on an Illuminations Cruise, so it wasn't a big deal to them. eedisney-- I would try and make a p.s. for 7:30 or 8 and hope for the best!:D

June 17 is my anniversary! We are going after that, however, the Rose & Crown is a great suggestion. With a 7:30 PS you can drag out dinner to stay and have a great view. 2 yrs. ago we got a patio seat and it was PERFECT. Kids may like fish n' chips too. Have a pint or two and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter