***Epcot Food And Wine Festival Info 2008***

I saw a few in the Festival Guide for this weekend. I think today's is 6:30pm.

The wineries doing seminars change every week, but there are lots of good ones on the list. Even if quintessa isn't there when you visit, there are plenty of other nice ones worth seeing - just check the guide when you get here.

Thanks

Having been there on opening weekend past 3 yrs, I saw that paying in cash was sometimes a better option than using a CC or gift card. For those who have been this yr. so far, what is your suggestion on how to pay to get through the lines the quickest. Debit card? Lots of $5s &/or $1s? Disney gift card I read about? Leaving in less than 2 wks. Yay!:yay:

Having been there on opening weekend past 3 yrs, I saw that paying in cash was sometimes a better option than using a CC or gift card. For those who have been this yr. so far, what is your suggestion on how to pay to get through the lines the quickest. Debit card? Lots of $5s &/or $1s? Disney gift card I read about? Leaving in less than 2 wks. Yay!:yay:

I am jumping back in here without catching up on all I missed. However, we found that even on opening weekend most of the kiosks were ready for just about any form of payment. We used our room key once, cash once, a Disney Rewards card and gift cards all without trouble. I think that the gift cards and the rewards cards are probably the fastest though.

I know I saw the festival guide because I printed some of it, but now I can't find it & I've looked through all the pages. It's the guide that lists all the seminars w/times etc. Anybody???

We were at F&W yesterday. I would say the gift card follower by the room key is the best bet. Neither requires a signature and the CM doesn't have to figure out the change. The F&W gift cards come with wrist strap so you don't even have to dig the card out of your pocket.

I know I saw the festival guide because I printed some of it, but now I can't find it & I've looked through all the pages. It's the guide that lists all the seminars w/times etc. Anybody???

Hi, Would LOVE to see this also!! Will be there on Monday and HOPING to do a Wine Tasting in the afternoon?? Thanks, Joan

Sorry...it seems this link is no longer working. I do have the brochure saved as a pdf. If you're interested, PM me with your email, and I'll send it to you!

The brochure is now on the official disney site. I found it yesterday with their food and wine festival info. I'm sorry I am posting this without a link!

Woo Hoo on my way in 3 days! Questions about F&W.....it's just myself and BFF and we are not signed up for anything at F&W. We are more interested in tasting and drinking "Around the World". First thing I'd like to know about is the Sam Adams beer demo's in the American pavillion. I understand we cannot pre-sign up for these? Is that correct? If so, what's my best bet in getting into one? How early do I need to go over to the pavillion to sign up, and can I sign up for a demo on Friday, by going to the pavillion on thursday?

Also....what wine and food tasting and demos are available? Are there any that are free of charge? Or, at least not too pricey?? What kiosks/pavillions offer the best, in your opinions?

We are really looking forward to experiencing part of F&W, but BFF is on a budget and doesn't want to sign up for the expensive pairings, etc. that are listed.

All info is appreciated.

I know I read earlier on this thread that the booths would be open for Epcot's EMH. We were there on Friday night and they were not. I'm not sure if this is a change or not, but they said they won't be at all this year.

Also, PFTS... we didn't go last year, but were disappointed to find that there were no catalogs listing the food/bev offerings. The first time we went, in 2006, we got a rather thick, attractive catalog that listed the offerings by color so that you could see what was offered all over the room and then go to find it. This year we just got a two page listing of all beverage vendors, didn't even list what each vendor offered. Pretty disappointing. There was no way to look up and remember what you'd eaten, where to find it again or any way to make a game plan. We also forgot a pen, don't forget a pen!

Finally, the food was excellent, we did notice many more Disney chefs than the last time we went, and we didn't find any cognacs or after dinner-type drinks, which we'd had in the past. The entertainment was fine, it was confined to stages which I was neutral about. I thought there were more beers than before, but that might have just been because beer is more interesting to me than it used to be.

The best news was that there were a ton of desserts, even at the end of the night. The truffle "people" were filling up plates full at the end of the night.

I know, we were disappointed about the booths as well. The good news is, the lines weren't very long even on Friday and Saturday so we did get to taste everything we wanted to.

The booths were very nice, things ran smoothly for us the whole time we were there.

We did wind up at the festival center just in time for a free wine tasting and got the last few tickets. It was interesting, and we hadn't planned to go, so a nice little bonus. The center was dead aside from the people attending the seminar. This was Friday night at 6:30.

We own at BW and noticed much larger crowds there as the weekend went on, much more so than any other time I've ever been there. Not terrible, just bustling. Wondering if some of the PI traffic is going to move over there... Wouldn't the Atlantic Dance Hall make a great Adv Club space? Won't comment on it more since it isn't specifically F&W related, but just a part of our F&W trip experience.

I know I read earlier on this thread that the booths would be open for Epcot's EMH. We were there on Friday night and they were not. I'm not sure if this is a change or not, but they said they won't be at all this year.

Also, PFTS... we didn't go last year, but were disappointed to find that there were no catalogs listing the food/bev offerings. The first time we went, in 2006, we got a rather thick, attractive catalog that listed the offerings by color so that you could see what was offered all over the room and then go to find it. This year we just got a two page listing of all beverage vendors, didn't even list what each vendor offered. Pretty disappointing. There was no way to look up and remember what you'd eaten, where to find it again or any way to make a game plan. We also forgot a pen, don't forget a pen!

Finally, the food was excellent, we did notice many more Disney chefs than the last time we went, and we didn't find any cognacs or after dinner-type drinks, which we'd had in the past. The entertainment was fine, it was confined to stages which I was neutral about. I thought there were more beers than before, but that might have just been because beer is more interesting to me than it used to be.

The best news was that there were a ton of desserts, even at the end of the night. The truffle "people" were filling up plates full at the end of the night.

This is NOT good news. We always go during EMH, get to Epcot around 4 and stay til 11 or so. If that is the case, I am going to really have to rearrange our schedule!

What is with all the cutbacks!?!?! Even the guide for the PFTS - that's ridiculous.

We have already cut back our Disney visits to 1x a year, if this year's F&WF really is as limited as everyone is reporting, (not to mention no PI) then our visits would likely be better spent at other vacation destinations...

I didn't get over to Epcot for EMH to check out the food booths. I am sorry they weren't open.

But I am confused by your post.... there was no Party for the Senses on Saturday night. So where were you instead? :confused3

Woo Hoo on my way in 3 days! Questions about F&W.....it's just myself and BFF and we are not signed up for anything at F&W. We are more interested in tasting and drinking "Around the World". First thing I'd like to know about is the Sam Adams beer demo's in the American pavillion. I understand we cannot pre-sign up for these? Is that correct? If so, what's my best bet in getting into one? How early do I need to go over to the pavillion to sign up, and can I sign up for a demo on Friday, by going to the pavillion on thursday?

Also....what wine and food tasting and demos are available? Are there any that are free of charge? Or, at least not too pricey?? What kiosks/pavillions offer the best, in your opinions?

We are really looking forward to experiencing part of F&W, but BFF is on a budget and doesn't want to sign up for the expensive pairings, etc. that are listed.

All info is appreciated.

You will have a wonderful time. You don't have to do anything extra other than the kiosks around World Showcase. You would still have a great experience.

You cannot/do not have to sign up for the free demonstrations, some of which include wine and food tastings, at the Festival Welcome Center. They are all posted in the Festival Guide which can actually be viewed on Disney.com They are free! But you will need to stand in line to attend them.

We loved the food offerings at San Francisco. If you want to read about everything we ate and drank at the F&W Festival, click the link in my signature. I talked about everything we had.

I didn't get over to Epcot for EMH to check out the food booths. I am sorry they weren't open.

But I am confused by your post.... there was no Party for the Senses on Saturday night. So where were you instead? :confused3

There was a PFTS on Saturday the 4th. I was there, I gained the weight to prove it! It was the previous week, when the Borcuse thing was held that there was no PFTS.

I really wanted to believe that there were last minute changes or something that prevented the full brochure from being printed, but it was pretty finished looking, if you know what I mean. Sort of glossy finish, bi-fold. It almost felt like they were simply fulfilling the requirement to the vintners to make sure their names were printed on something that guests would be handed at the door.

I have a question... someone mentioned the vendors have to pay 30,000 dollars to participate in F&W. Is that for the booth vendors or the PFTS or how does that work?

OK so in the past there has been no pre-sign up and this year was the same. You queue outside and if you get in you get in. Previously I've arrived about 30 mins before and got in easily but never tried it on a Friday.

OK there are free wine tastings every day. They differ depending on the day so you'll need to check the festival guide for whats on while you there. It's the same with the food tastings. During the week this year they don't have as many as on the weekends mind so just to bare in mind. I've been told on the weekend you have to arrive around 45 minutes before. Not sure on weekdays but if anyone knows please let me know.

Also there is a free wine tasting at Australia this year that's on selected days and a daily culinary demonstration at Louisiana.

They do do a wine flight in the New York area and Australia area which you purchase for a small amount (I believe it was like $10 or something like that) and then get to choose a couple of different wines from various regions/selections around the thing - I think Australia in the past had 4 regions not sure on New York as its new this year.

We haven't signed up for anything either this year, although have done party for the sense in the past. We're just taking advantage of some of the free seminars and going to purchase samples around the world. Definately doing the Sam Adams one as I always enjoy this and my DBF has never been before so going to be good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter