EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

I'm a little worried about my reservation, then. I'm booked for the 26th, which isn't clickable on the calendar.

View attachment 113455

WOW! idk what to tell you about that one. i would assume if you have a confirmation number the party is happening. maybe it's an exclusive just for the two of you! i'm not an expert at all on how Disney runs stuff tho. i'm only reporting what going on with my own stuff in hopes of helping anyone else that's in a similar situation. i'd ask other more experienced DISers if they have any incidents like yours.

WOW! idk what to tell you about that one. i would assume if you have a confirmation number the party is happening. maybe it's an exclusive just for the two of you! i'm not an expert at all on how Disney runs stuff tho. i'm only reporting what going on with my own stuff in hopes of helping anyone else that's in a similar situation. i'd ask other more experienced DISers if they have any incidents like yours.
I'm not sure what's going on, either. Maybe, if a party is full, they'll take it off the website after a while? Or maybe they cancelled it and just haven't told me yet. I haven't been able to find any definitive schedule for the party, so I'm assuming it happens every night.

Is this is the first year for Parisian afternoon? If not can someone give me a better feel for what it is all about. The schedule says 130-330; that seems like a long time for something that is not a full out sit down meal.

For the young ones out there who still get carded for alcohol purchases... Do you get carded at every single booth or do they have a better way for age identification (wrist band or something)?

I was hoping to get one of those around the wrist gift cards but it just occurred to me I could end up pulling out my wallet anyway at many booths so maybe I should save a few bucks and get a regular Disney gift card from target.

For the young ones out there who still get carded for alcohol purchases... Do you get carded at every single booth or do they have a better way for age identification (wrist band or something)?

I was hoping to get one of those around the wrist gift cards but it just occurred to me I could end up pulling out my wallet anyway at many booths so maybe I should save a few bucks and get a regular Disney gift card from target.

They are very spotty on the carding. You most likely will have to pull it out for most booths though.

They are very spotty on the carding. You most likely will have to pull it out for most booths though.
I disagree I have never ever been carded at food and wine. Even at seminars where people were carded but those who were carded looked too young to begin with.

Is this is the first year for Parisian afternoon? If not can someone give me a better feel for what it is all about. The schedule says 130-330; that seems like a long time for something that is not a full out sit down meal.

First year so we are all going to find out. That said I have never done anything put on by the France Pavilion at Food and Wine that disappointed me so I am in!

Figure they will check your ID a lot. I was there on preview last year so LOTS of young Cast Members and those IDs were checked. You might even consider some type of ID holder around your neck with the DL in there to make it quicker (and less likely to lose!) Some booths tend to be very strict. (I think it was France where the girl started crying and still didn't get her Kir LOL!)

I disagree I have never ever been carded at food and wine. Even at seminars where people were carded but those who were carded looked too young to begin with.
I'm one of those who looks too young and is yet completely legal and I still get some sideways glances and extra looks at my id by bartenders. I'll be grateful for the young looks one day though!

Figure they will check your ID a lot. I was there on preview last year so LOTS of young Cast Members and those IDs were checked. You might even consider some type of ID holder around your neck with the DL in there to make it quicker (and less likely to lose!) Some booths tend to be very strict. (I think it was France where the girl started crying and still didn't get her Kir LOL!)

Crying?! LOL. The holder is great, I look into that!

I've seen them check ID's a lot also both at the booths & the Deminars as well as the Special events. I wouldn't say it was spotty though more if a person looked young they asked for ID. I may have even been asked once or twice last year Gray hairs & all.

I was id checked at the few booths i bought drinks from, deminars did not id check me. I brought a id holder and took the lanyard off and keep my AP and ID in it to keep in my purse, so i can easily pull it out to get id check/discount.

... will there be somewhere in the Festival Center where you can activate your EF&WF magic band & load it with money to start making your food purchases? i'm sure when everything went to your room, you could do all of that at the hotel before heading to the park. now that the bag will only be available AT the park on the FIRST DAY of use (absolutely no early pick up per every CM I spoke to so far), ...
The F&W MagicBand can be used in place of your regular MagicBand, but it can't be loaded with money (neither cash nor CC credit). Last year's F&W PP goodie bag contained the exclusive F&W MagicBand for package holders, but the bag also contained a wearable F&W-themed Disney Gift Card (gift card with a curly bracelet). The GC in PP goodie bags was loaded with $50.

In 2015, there's no wearable, loaded F&W Gift Card. Instead, there will be 4 entitlements for F&W kiosk food and beverages. It might work like 2014's Late Night Live Credentials, which had tear-off entitlements for F&W kiosk food and drink.

While you're at the F&W Festival Center to pick up your credentials, you could purchase a 2015 F&W Disney Gift Card. They are available there, and many other places within Epcot. They're packaged on a larger card that is simply hung on a display rack. I don't know if they are pre-loaded. But they are re-loadable.

You might already know this, but if you have Disney Dining Plan, you can use your snack credits to purchase food and non-alcoholic beverages at the F&W kiosks. Those DP snack credits can be deducted using your MagicBand.

ethanwa is a MagicBand collector and devotee. He has everything MagicBand, and runs his own website on the subject. He has a post with the probable design art and colors for this year's F&W PP MagicBand.
http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/preview-the-2015-epcot-food-wine-premium-package-magicband/

Here's a pic of the previous 2014 F&W Disney Gift Card:
2014_F&W_GiftCard.jpg

I was carded at the booths a few times last year. I was 40. And although some people tell me I look younger than my age, I certainly don't look any younger than 35.

I was under the impression that the date that you are booking the PP for is the date that you will be attending the dessert party but you could pick up your credentials and swag bag any day M-Th of the week that your party is booked. Disney's website states that "The Epcot Food & Wine Premium Package is valid for one week of your choosing – Monday through Thursday."

Also included in the description: "The package allows access to the Premium Package areas for one week of your choosing – each day, Monday through Thursday – from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM."

It also goes on to state that "The date and time the Food & Wine Premium Package is booked indicates the date and time you will attend the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party."

So, you're booking your dessert party reservation when you book your PP, but you can access the premium areas the entire week (M-Th) before and after that dessert party date.

At least, that's my interpretation.
I just booked mine today and was told that premiums areas are (M-Th) and I can pick up my gift bag Monday anytime after 9am. When I asked about booking the ISDP and the Deminar Iwas told those bookings are not open yet and I would be contacted to pick the date I wanted.

How much I get card is very dependent on a few things for me -

Disney seems to always card me when I'm solo at the Flower & Garden Booths or Food & Wine Booths. If I am with my husband, we usually are no longer carded (or at least haven't been for the past 4 years).

At the special events - I've never been carded at the Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining, Party of the Senses, 3D Dessert Party or Taste, Shake & Indulge with or without my husband. At the events at the Festival Center - again its dependent on if I'm with my husband or mother or not.

I'm glad they think I have a young face then :)

At the margarita booth this past February, my friend who is older than me and I were in line to get a drink. She had an older Florida license (pre them adding the Star on it by the ID Number in 2010) and they refused to serve her as they didn't believe it was real. They took my license though and let me by.

Its always better to have it just in case you are someone that gets carded some at home.

I just booked mine today and was told that premiums areas are (M-Th) and I can pick up my gift bag Monday anytime after 9am. When I asked about booking the ISDP and the Deminar I was told those bookings are not open yet and I would be contacted to pick the date I wanted.
Seriously. I wouldn't hold your breath.
I just went thru this "forgotten promise to call me back" with the vaunted Victoria & Albert's.
IMO Disney is becoming unreliable in this regard. "We'll contact you" reads like an excuse to end a call, when they don't know how to answer one's specific questions. I would keep calling back, over and over, and asking the same question, over and over, until you get an answer that makes sense and is satisfactory.
I have to make the same call about the party and the deminar. I'm dreading it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter