Epcot One Day—Guardians LL or Virtual Queue?

100% worth it to go twice. Try for the 7am virtual queue, then buy an individual lightning lane anyway. If you don't get the 7am, try for the 1pm which is generally easier to get.

We are heading to Epcot tomorrow for one day. It will be me, do, and our boys, all age 13. We are currently staying at Portofino Bay at US, so plan to Uber or Lyft early tomorrow am. My question is regarding how to make sure we are able to ride Guardians of the Galaxy during our one day visit? I’ve heard of two different options for riding Guardians of the Galaxy—LL or Boarding Pass. Do we have to be at the park to purchase the LL? Can I purchase the LL today or do I have to wait until tomorrow? We don’t mind paying for the LL, but would also like to ride the Ratatouille ride, as well as some other rides, so are considering getting the Genie Plus for the day. Our preference is to do the Lightening Lane, because I feel like that’s more of a guarantee. Am I correct? I’m just trying to make sure I’m covering everything. The last time we were there was in 2020 with the fast pass system, and we stayed on site at Yacht Club, so I’m completely lost when it comes to the new Genie Plus system and not being a resort guest. What should our plan be? Do we need to leave our hotel at six in the morning and make sure we’re at the park at 7 AM or can I buy the LL and plan to arrive later, closer to park opening. TIA
We're here now and you'd really be fine doing either. In our experience LL saves you about 20-25 mins. in line, but you're riding either way.

If you haven't been before, I'd probably do virtual que and pay and do it twice. It's pretty good. Over the summer we loved it. This trip that's worn down a bit but I'm thinking it has a lot to do with the fact that in 2 days and 4 rides we've had the same song 3 times and it's our least favorite.

Thank you everyone! We are definitely going to try to ride it twice. It sounds great. I’m getting super excited for our day.

Last question, what time do we need to have our first LL booked in the event we make a boarding group?

Last question, what time do we need to have our first LL booked in the event we make a boarding group?
Whenever you want. Those 2 things are not connected in any way. They are separate and you really have no idea what boarding group or when that boarding group will get called, so just book the LLs as you would want with no regard to the boarding group.

Whenever you want. Those 2 things are not connected in any way. They are separate and you really have no idea what boarding group or when that boarding group will get called, so just book the LLs as you would want with no regard to the boarding group.

Do we have to wait until we’re in the park to reserve the free lightning lanes? My husband tried to select Remy and it says not available. Thank you!!

There is no free lightning lane.

You can get Remy on Genie+. If it's not available it must've sold out quick today.

Good job on Guardians!
Thank you! We were able to ride Remy. It was a long wait, but it was cool in the morning so we didn’t mind. The LL had sold out. We are doing Guardians at 1:00 and excited for that!

Thank you! We were able to ride Remy. It was a long wait, but it was cool in the morning so we didn’t mind. The LL had sold out. We are doing Guardians at 1:00 and excited for that!
If 1:00 is the estimate for when your boarding group is called, keep an eye on it; they often get called earlier than the estimate (makes sense they'd hedge their bets). Also, you should know that you don't have to race to it when your BG is called if you happen to be across the park; you can show up any time after that (unlike the ILL$, which is a specific window).

We have EPCOT park reservation for today but it wouldn’t allow me to join the 7am virtual queue. We were sleeping in today and going later so was probably going to do the 1pm queue anyway but now I’m worried about getting Tron later in the week. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. We are new AP holders and have park reservations for each day. Any idea why it would say no one in my party is eligible?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter