• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot to get major transformations

I would also imagine that when you are doing something for the first time it is easy for budgets to get out of control. I am sure it took more effort and trial and error, etc. to get Flight of Passage to work than a typical non-Disney project for example. I also am sure things change a lot as they work on things and they see what is working, what isn't ... if they get a new idea or a new technology comes out they can add in, etc.

My post was only in reply to the poster saying that it was only on accountants to control budgets, not engineers. This has not ever been my experience.

My post was only in reply to the poster saying that it was only on accountants to control budgets, not engineers. This has not ever been my experience.

Oh I know, and I fully agree with you - I just can see it being more likely that an imagineering designing something that has never had anything similar exist before to go outside of that budget than another engineer who is designing something that other similar things already exist is all

I am all for change. Epcot at least FW needs an update. I would love to see UofE changed. We don't even go in there now. If it changes we would definitely check it out.

Siemens just announced they're not renewing their sponsorship with Disney. This makes the future of Spaceship Earth and Illuminations a lot more interesting

Hopefully IllumiNations will stay, Spaceship Earth is something my family can personally do without, it's more "eh why not" than a "yes let's go!"

Hopefully IllumiNations will stay, Spaceship Earth is something my family can personally do without, it's more "eh why not" than a "yes let's go!"

Already rumors of Illuminations at least being updated - so this would probably only further that sentiment

I am ok with an update/refresh ... but really hope they don't add a bunch of IPs and make it too similar to what MK has

Actually I think it is good. Disney needs to take control over these attractions and be responsible for their own theme park. Otherwise these attractions will continue to degrade. I think GM's re-up gave them a little hope this model would keep working, hopefully this will rub their face in the fact that it is over and they, and they alone, need to pay for investment and re-invention of the second most attended park in FL.

Actually I think it is good. Disney needs to take control over these attractions and be responsible for their own theme park. Otherwise these attractions will continue to degrade. I think GM's re-up gave them a little hope this model would keep working, hopefully this will rub their face in the fact that it is over and they, and they alone, need to pay for investment and re-invention of the second most attended park in FL.

And do what with them exaclty? That's the kicker.

To the trained eye...it's pretty obvious they're scrounging for pennies...it's just a bizarro world.

Epcot is the LAST park I want on the block under the management situation.

And do what with them exaclty? That's the kicker.

To the trained eye...it's pretty obvious they're scrounging for pennies...it's just a bizarro world.

Epcot is the LAST park I want on the block under the management situation.

Agree. But what they've done under the sponsorship model is let the park degrade into... well, less than 1/2 of FutureWorld. Can they do worse on their own? Probably. But I don't think they will. EPCOT needs reinvestment. If what it takes is the sponsorship model finally collapsing, then it needs to collapse. Because it isn't going to happen the way they've been running EPCOT for the last 20 years.

Agree. But what they've done under the sponsorship model is let the park degrade into... well, less than 1/2 of FutureWorld. Can they do worse on their own? Probably. But I don't think they will. EPCOT needs reinvestment. If what it takes is the sponsorship model finally collapsing, then it needs to collapse. Because it isn't going to happen the way they've been running EPCOT for the last 20 years.

Agree about the sponsorship deal...it's like the 3,000 lawyers on retainer and the 6,000 accountants can't figure out how to juggle it.

I say reduce the prices to almost nothing and expand it to everyone and there grandma...then you can retain the "showcase/business partnership" history of the park and build whatever rides and upsells you want.

It's really not this tough.

I agree. All of these circumstances are driving reinvestment, and WDW guests are the winners.

ESPN losses, W Street expectations, loss of Sponsors, US expansion, even Iger Legacy. All good news IMO.

Market will take care of the rest.

Last edited:
The good news there is the old golf ball will only hold what it already has in there...

So it's either a variation on that or shut it down...the Project Gemini/Project X era at least was good for that.

You sure they couldn't cram the Brazil pavilion in there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter