ERROR message

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
Has anyone been seeing the below info lately when they click on a thread?

----------------------------------------------------------

Warning: Memcache::connect() [memcache.connect]: Can't connect to 10.240.13.142:11211, Connection timed out (110) in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 222

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 224

I'm all for diversity, but this is one opinion I can live without. :goodvibes

I haven't Robo...looks like it may be related to your cache (though I am far from puter literate). Have you tried clearing your temp files and dumping cookies?

I haven't Robo...looks like it may be related to your cache (though I am far from puter literate). Have you tried clearing your temp files and dumping cookies?

It's been happening over the past couple days on all of my computers.
Not the cache or cookies, I'm afraid.

Last evening the whole of the DISboards were down for an extended period.

Has anyone been seeing the below info lately when they click on a thread?

Warning: Memcache::connect() [memcache.connect]: Can't connect to 10.240.13.142:11211, Connection timed out (110) in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 222

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 224

I'm all for diversity, but this is one opinion I can live without. :goodvibes
yep. Been getting it al morning.

Seen it a couple of times... mainly when clicking the direct link to a thread.

I'm assuming that they recently installed memcache on the server recently. memcache is used to speed up content on dynamic websites. They probably installed it to speed up the boards. usually that error message occurs when the daemon does not start normally. A refresh will usually clear that away.

i kept getting that error about two weeks ago. The Dis worked fine on my desktop but my laptop, not so much. It wouldn't even let me in to the site. I deleted all the temp files, cookies, etc and that worked.

Yes; I've been seeing it off and on for days.

I keep my computer nice and clean of "old" cache, rotting cookies, and so on, so it wasn't because of that.

I got a couple of time outs, but never that error message.

I Wonder if it's the browser you use...

IE7 and IE8 here..

I got a couple of time outs, but never that error message.

I Wonder if it's the browser you use...

IE7 and IE8 here..

After 42k posts, I don't think the problem is "all-of-a-sudden" on MY end.

;)

But, it's a good thought-
I use Safari, IE, & Firefox.

After 42k posts, I don't think the problem is "all-of-a-sudden" on MY end.

;)

I use Safari, IE, & Firefox.

Not insuating it's all of the sudden your end... but maybe as browser versions change Vbulletin may not be acting as expected.

I know about 2 weeks ago I was seeing alot of strange things on the disboards, servers down, and posts going awry...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter