Etiquette question

warrenz1963

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, or if there is any place at all that is appropriate in these forums.

My sister and I are spending two days at WDW before a DCL cruise. Without asking my sister first, I invited a cousin (who lives in Orlando) to join us at the parks one day. My sister was not thrilled that I didn't talk with her first because she was hoping it would be a nice trip for just the two of us to catch-up and reconnect.
So, now I want to tell our cousin this, but don't want to hurt their feelings, nor do I want my sister to start off our trip with a chip on her shoulder.
I really goofed it up! What would you do? All answers/ideas/ gratefully appreciated!

Could you tell the cousin that plans changed, you hate to back out, but it won't work out this time? Maybe next time? Without going into a lot of detail?

It's not a lie since the plans that changed are that you and sis want to be together.

I know it's prob easier said than done, but that's what I would do. Maybe offer to meet for dinner if that could be a compromise?

Not sure it is an 'etiquette' question, but more like you are looking for our advice. I like the dinner idea since that means you can still meet but won't be spending the entire day with your cousin. Since your cousin already lives in Orlando, it isn't like they would have made extensive travel plans to be with you. Asking them to change their plans doesn't seem it would that big of a deal regardless of how you choose to explain what now works for you.

And the two of you will still be going on that Disney cruise, so it seems like there will be plenty of time to do things together without the cousin being around.

Have you and your sister been on prior vacations together and how has that gone? Makes a difference if she is the type of person who has to decide how everything is done.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter