Everybody's Celebrating Something! No Questions Asked!

I'm all for celebrating "just because". Maybe it's because I'm a 2x cancer survivor.....
:thumbsup2

We will be celebrating like crazy on this trip, buttons & all!

This trip is to celebrate being cancer free 1 year for me. I booked the Wishes dessert party as a surprise to thank my family (DH & kids) for their amazing support during the past year!

We will also celebrate DD's 14th birthday, 1 week early. Her sister celebrated her 4th birthday in WDW on her actual birthday and her brother celebrated his 6th birthday in WDW on his actual birthday....But this is the closest we will be to being in WDW on her actual birthday, so we are definitely going to celebrate!! :cheer2: I have a reservation for BOG for her.

We are also celebrating my 21st anniversary while we are there ~ we missed celebrating our 20th because of my health issues, so you can bet we are going to celebrate this, too. The actual date is in July, so we are off by a bit, but we are going to have special dinner at Citricos (first time there)!!

We are looking forward to this trip to celebrate all our happy events together, even though some of the dates are not exact. Judge me ;)

Is it shunned upon if I use the birthday button the entire week?

This is our first trip (I'm going w my sister), and this trip is my birthday gift. I'm quite excited because I can't remember the last time I actually celebrated my birthday or received a gift from my parents.
But my actual birthday is a week after the trip. What should I do? I would always explain the situation and everything, of course!

I'm all for celebrating "just because". Maybe it's because I'm a 2x cancer survivor and I have lost many close to me at very young ages, but I think if someone feels like celebrating, go for it. It doesn't make it meaningless, but more meaningful, life is too short, celebrate every day. It's a gift. When I go in October it will be 3 weeks before my birthday, I cannot go on my actual birthday, since it's too close to Thanksgiving. (Sometimes, my b'day even falls on Thanksgiving.) Also, this October 9th will mark 6 years ago that I found the lump in my neck that was stage 4 head and neck cancer. I am kind of shy, so I don't know if I would wear a button, but maybe I will, now that I know they are there.

Don't be shy, celebrate. :yay: You deserve to. Congratulations on being cancer free!

:thumbsup2

We will be celebrating like crazy on this trip, buttons & all!

This trip is to celebrate being cancer free 1 year for me. I booked the Wishes dessert party as a surprise to thank my family (DH & kids) for their amazing support during the past year!

We will also celebrate DD's 14th birthday, 1 week early. Her sister celebrated her 4th birthday in WDW on her actual birthday and her brother celebrated his 6th birthday in WDW on his actual birthday....But this is the closest we will be to being in WDW on her actual birthday, so we are definitely going to celebrate!! :cheer2: I have a reservation for BOG for her.

We are also celebrating my 21st anniversary while we are there ~ we missed celebrating our 20th because of my health issues, so you can bet we are going to celebrate this, too. The actual date is in July, so we are off by a bit, but we are going to have special dinner at Citricos (first time there)!!

We are looking forward to this trip to celebrate all our happy events together, even though some of the dates are not exact. Judge me ;)

No judgement, you deserve to celebrate too :yay:. Congratulations on being cancer free. I arrive the same day as you and I will be looking for celebration pins hoping I can help celebrate with you.:goodvibes

Is it shunned upon if I use the birthday button the entire week?

This is our first trip (I'm going w my sister), and this trip is my birthday gift. I'm quite excited because I can't remember the last time I actually celebrated my birthday or received a gift from my parents.
But my actual birthday is a week after the trip. What should I do? I would always explain the situation and everything, of course!

Unfortunately there are people that will tell you no you should only wear it on your birthday. Others will tell you to go ahead and wear it all week. I have friends and family that believe the entire month of their birthday should be celebrated. I am going to Disney to celebrate my 40th, and my daughters 21st and 16th. One will be celebrating a couple of months after their birthday and the other will be celebrating 3 weeks before hers. My granddaughters 3rd birthday will also be celebrated 4 weeks early while we are there. They will wear their pins all week, not because they are looking for attention from others or thinking they will get some extras, but because we forfeited celebrating on the actual birthdays to do so in Disney

Congrats to you SnoWhiteRabbit! Happy Anniversary and wishing you many more years of health and happiness.

Don't be shy, celebrate. You deserve to. Congratulations on being cancer free!

Thanks very much, GigiDisneyfreak.

I'm on board with the idea that if you're celebrating your birthday a little early or late but it's still a birthday TRIP, you're cool wearing the button. And I think it depends on the person if they want to wear a button all week. I love yelling "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!" etc to people I see in lines. If you don't want me celebrating your birthday, don't wear the pin. :confused3

Similarly, I love greeting people with Anniversary or Just Married buttons with "Congratulations!" My husband and I go for our anniversary every year, but because of scheduling it's usually too difficult to go on our literal anniversary. We go a few weeks early, typically. But it's still our Anniversary trip, and we wear the buttons every day because we like being reminded that we're still married and going strong. Cast members usually write our anniversary number on the button, so I usually keep them as souvenirs.

And I don't see anything wrong with celebrating if you feel you have something to celebrate. People who just pick up buttons hoping for extra magic are the ones with the problems, trying to game the system by lying. It doesn't really work (as someone else said, pixie dust can just happen), and I wouldn't let it bother me. I DO like when people write why they're celebrating. eg: "Cancer-free!" or something to that effect. It gives me something to celebrate with you. :)

I'm on board with the idea that if you're celebrating your birthday a little early or late but it's still a birthday TRIP, you're cool wearing the button. And I think it depends on the person if they want to wear a button all week. I love yelling "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!" etc to people I see in lines. If you don't want me celebrating your birthday, don't wear the pin. :confused3

Similarly, I love greeting people with Anniversary or Just Married buttons with "Congratulations!" My husband and I go for our anniversary every year, but because of scheduling it's usually too difficult to go on our literal anniversary. We go a few weeks early, typically. But it's still our Anniversary trip, and we wear the buttons every day because we like being reminded that we're still married and going strong. Cast members usually write our anniversary number on the button, so I usually keep them as souvenirs.

And I don't see anything wrong with celebrating if you feel you have something to celebrate. People who just pick up buttons hoping for extra magic are the ones with the problems, trying to game the system by lying. It doesn't really work (as someone else said, pixie dust can just happen), and I wouldn't let it bother me. I DO like when people write why they're celebrating. eg: "Cancer-free!" or something to that effect. It gives me something to celebrate with you. :)

I liked your post very much.:flower3:

I agree that if your trip is a celebration of something important or significant to you or your family, then you should feel free to celebrate it as you wish. Wear your button(s) for the day or the week. Its YOUR celebration trip.

I'm going to wear a button on my next visit. We will be celebrating the fact that I will be wheelchair free in the parks for the first time in over 15 years. It will be 6 months after my surgery, so if that makes me a bad person in the eyes of the "only on the day of" faction, so be it. It will be a milestone for us.

I think the number of people that would wear a button when they shouldn't is a very small. I get what you mean in that if a ton of people do it then nearly everyone has a button on and it makes it less special. But, I doubt that would happen often enough to make a difference so hassling people for proof wouldn't be worth it.

I'm going to wear a button on my next visit. We will be celebrating the fact that I will be wheelchair free in the parks for the first time in over 15 years. It will be 6 months after my surgery, so if that makes me a bad person in the eyes of the "only on the day of" faction, so be it. It will be a milestone for us.

Congrats! Successful recovery is always a wonderful thing! :hug: And I would say that traveling anywhere close to after recovering from any but the most minor surgeries would be pretty silly. Good for you!

When I booked one of my dining reservations the cast member asked if we were celebrating anything during the meal. I said we weren't, but if I could make it through the week without my father complaining I'd be celebrating. She said we could file that under a "personal triumph" celebration! :rotfl:

We are taking DD to WDW to celebrate the anniversary of our adoption finalization. (WDW was our first trip as a family, 4 years ago). Ok that part's easy.

But we're celebrating by including her biological brother for the first time (who has never been to WDW). Oh, and did i mention we finalized our adoption on our 25th wedding anniversary?

So its an anniversary, birthday, family day with a "first time, but not for all of us" button :rotfl:

i think i'll go with "family trip" :p

It's a pin, it's someone saying Congratulations! or Happy Birthday!, it's a freaking baked cupcake with frosting on top. Why do you CARE so much about people wanting to celebrate at a place that makes them happy?

You must be super fun at parties. :rolleyes:

My dh and I were at WDW for the Wine and Dine half marathon a couple weeks ago. We got I'm Celebrating buttons and wrote "Running the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon" on them. It was a fun way to start some conversations, get some good wishes and meet fellow runners.
A while ago we had a WDW weekend where we left the kids at home (they were older teenagers) and we wrote "I'm Celebrating- no kids" on our buttons. That got a lot of laughs.
It is just a fun way to connect with people.

It's a pin, it's someone saying Congratulations! or Happy Birthday!, it's a freaking baked cupcake with frosting on top. Why do you CARE so much about people wanting to celebrate at a place that makes them happy?

You must be super fun at parties. :rolleyes:

OP might not be much fun at parties, but at least OP doesn't show up three months late!

If anyone sees myself and my hubby next November wearing an anniversary pin....
It really IS our Anniversary!
Congratulate us on 10 years and no one is dead or maimed. :thumbsup2
Huh? Do they have a "I havent murdered my spouse in 10 years'pin?

(Course we have to actually make it until next November :rotfl:)

If anyone sees myself and my hubby next November wearing an anniversary pin....
It really IS our Anniversary!
Congratulate us on 10 years and no one is dead or maimed. :thumbsup2
Huh? Do they have a "I havent murdered my spouse in 10 years'pin?

(Course we have to actually make it until next November :rotfl:)

haha. Well my wife and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next month. Our anniversary is Dec 2 and we are going to be there 14th-19th and yes we will be wearing our pins.

when we checked into Yacht Club 2 weeks ago we got a Celebrating pin
on these they HANDWRITE what you are celebrating

Ours was semi-unique

We were celebrating our...........

RETIREMENT!!!!!

:cool1::cool1:

haha. Well my wife and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next month. Our anniversary is Dec 2 and we are going to be there 14th-19th and yes we will be wearing our pins.

Happy Anniversary ! Our 28th anniversary is next week 11/29. My husband is an over the road trucker delivering all the crap we/most of us need to buy for the holidays ;) so he won't be home, won't be here for Christmas either.

Guess what ? New Years Eve we will ring in the New Year at WDW and wear our anniversary buttons :) For the 30th maybe we'll even get bride and groom ears, why not ? We did it for the 10th, we treasure the pictures. God we were thin and he had hair :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter