Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
my parents arrive before us and are going to buy memory maker. we overlap by 2 days. how can we link the memory maker so our pictures and their pictures are included? Thanks. Trish

you link the mde accounts and then they can see your photos and use their memory maker. or they assign it to you and you handle the photos for everyone.

I'm considering memory maker, but was wondering something. Can You be creative in the way they pose you for the magical shots, where they superimpose Disney character, or are the photographers only allowed to pose you a certain way? I'm not talking about anything inappropriate, just funny. Like having Tinker Bell on top of your head, or holding a slice of lemon and looking hungrily at Sebastian, or some such thing. If we could be creative, I'd be much more inclined to give Memory Maker a shot. :p

I'm considering memory maker, but was wondering something. Can You be creative in the way they pose you for the magical shots, where they superimpose Disney character, or are the photographers only allowed to pose you a certain way? I'm not talking about anything inappropriate, just funny. Like having Tinker Bell on top of your head, or holding a slice of lemon and looking hungrily at Sebastian, or some such thing. If we could be creative, I'd be much more inclined to give Memory Maker a shot. :p

the short answer is yes but it's really going to come down tot he photographer and how you feel depending on the length of line you just waited in and is still behind you. I've never seen a photographer turn away something entertaining for them.

Keep in mind you don't have to pre-purchase it to get photos taken. you would save $20 to get memory maker before your trip but if your on the fence and an extra $20 after the trip for the full price of memory maker isn't a deal breaker then you could just give it a shot. If you liked it and took a memory maker worth of photos it only costed $20 more. If oyu didn't but still got a few photos you want to keep then you can save a lot of money just getting them per photo price instead.

the short answer is yes but it's really going to come down tot he photographer and how you feel depending on the length of line you just waited in and is still behind you. I've never seen a photographer turn away something entertaining for them.

Keep in mind you don't have to pre-purchase it to get photos taken. you would save $20 to get memory maker before your trip but if your on the fence and an extra $20 after the trip for the full price of memory maker isn't a deal breaker then you could just give it a shot. If you liked it and took a memory maker worth of photos it only costed $20 more. If oyu didn't but still got a few photos you want to keep then you can save a lot of money just getting them per photo price instead.

Thanks! The other concern is just how long the lines for photo pass tend to be. If they're not long, I can see us having a lot more pictures taken than if we might have to wait a good while. About how long of a wait is there, on average, for popular spots?

Thanks! The other concern is just how long the lines for photo pass tend to be. If they're not long, I can see us having a lot more pictures taken than if we might have to wait a good while. About how long of a wait is there, on average, for popular spots?

There is really no predictive answer to this. sometimes they are long and sometimes they aren't. iconic pictures like castle, tree of life, spaceship earth tend to be longer but they also tend to have a lot more photographers in the area so it's not that bad. sometimes the line looks huge but you didn't know that half the line was 1 extended family and there is no line as soon as they all get 1 large group picture taken.

It's hard to recommend something to someone that has never used them before. It's only $20 you are going to save if you prepay it. However, if you get there and don't like it you can't get a refund so not buying it ahead of time might save you $149 on the total cost of your trip if you just wait to buy it for $169 after the trip, if that's the best price. You don't really know the best price to get your photos until you see the photos. coming home with 5-6 photos and memory maker is not the cheapest cost for your photos. coming home with 300 photos and memory maker is a steal, even if you paid $20 more to get memory maker after the trip.

If $20 more after the trip is a deal breaker, this is a harder choice. If it's not, then wait and get it after you take your trip and know how many photos you took and want to keep. From there you can price the best way post trip to buy them.

so my dad bought the memory maker. they are there now. we arrive tomorrow.

we are friends and family and allowed photopass access... Is this all we have to do? [see questions below]

I have 4 members of my family that are listed as plan managed by me...

so my family all has magic bands my dad does not he has the photopass card...

Question. Do I need to get a photopass card or are or bands enough? Will my husband and kids bands be under me?

Question. when we ride rides since we aren't the primary will our magic bands record or do we have to do something else? [on disney's site it said something confusing about you must be primary...] Do we just go up afterwards and link them or something?

obviously when we get home my dad plans to download them all and share with us.

We love photopass in the past and it's great because i'm finally in pictures. lol. i'm just worried that my dad's treat won't work out and then we'll have no pictures.

Thanks.

so my dad bought the memory maker. they are there now. we arrive tomorrow.

we are friends and family and allowed photopass access... Is this all we have to do? [see questions below]

Question. Do I need to get a photopass card or are or bands enough? Will my husband and kids bands be under me?

Question. when we ride rides since we aren't the primary will our magic bands record or do we have to do something else? [on disney's site it said something confusing about you must be primary...] Do we just go up afterwards and link them or something?

We love photopass in the past and it's great because i'm finally in pictures. lol. i'm just worried that my dad's treat won't work out and then we'll have no pictures.

Thanks.
Merged to the Memory Maker Sticky where your questions are answered in the first Posts of this thread. :)

we are friends and family and allowed photopass access... Is this all we have to do?

It sounds like you have this setup correctly.

the system is very mix and match. He'll need to link the photopass card to his MDE account before the photos will appear but nobody else needs to use the same method. It's very friendly to each person in the groups likes and dislikes for cards and bands.

protip: he doesn't need to use a photopass card. His ticket card or resort card if he's staying in a resort and requested a card will also work and be less he needs to carry.

Memory Maker and Photopass are 2 different things. There is no primary for taking photos and anyone can do it or have the band on during the ride.

good plan.

We have a Memory Maker that was purchased in 2014 and are returning to WDW in 2018. I would like to confirm something. If we purchase Memory Maker for the next trip now and we don't go to WDW until April 2018, does it not expire until 30 days after the first time we download a picture from Photo Pass?

Last edited:
We have a Memory Maker that was purchased in 2014 and are returning to WDW in 2018. I would like to confirm something. If we purchase Memory Maker for the next trip now and we don't go to WDW until April 2018, does it not expire until 30 days after the first time we download a picture from Photo Pass?

Correct, there is an option to activate it in photopass.. The counter does not start until you click that. I've had a memory maker in an account for a couple years and no issues with it at all.

I am going to Disney in a couple of weeks. We decided to go again in October, so will upgrade to APs while there-if we do that at the end our first full day at a park, will those picture that were taken that day be added to the photopass we get with our AP? I'm 99% sure yes..just don't want to scan our tickets and waste time at the start of the day going back out to upgrade. Rather do it at the end of that day.

Also, my teenagers will be there the same time with their school group, but we are not touring together(probably won't see them)--can they still get photopass pics on our PP if we're linked in MDE?

I am going to Disney in a couple of weeks. We decided to go again in October, so will upgrade to APs while there-if we do that at the end our first full day at a park, will those picture that were taken that day be added to the photopass we get with our AP? I'm 99% sure yes..just don't want to scan our tickets and waste time at the start of the day going back out to upgrade. Rather do it at the end of that day.

yes. also there is 2 guest relations at every park, before and after the turnstyle. with the new way MK opens up for rope drop you might find a completely empty line at the guest relations inside the park. There is also a new third ticket office that is under where the muppets perform that just opened up (across from the liberty bell/christmas shop).

Also, my teenagers will be there the same time with their school group, but we are not touring together(probably won't see them)--can they still get photopass pics on our PP if we're linked in MDE?

As long as you are linked, pictures within 365 days will reappear in your photopass and new pictures will last 365 days (or until your AP is no longer active if your not renewing). so you can even link after getting the AP if you forget too.

yes. also there is 2 guest relations at every park, before and after the turnstyle. with the new way MK opens up for rope drop you might find a completely empty line at the guest relations inside the park. There is also a new third ticket office that is under where the muppets perform that just opened up (across from the liberty bell/christmas shop).

As long as you are linked, pictures within 365 days will reappear in your photopass and new pictures will last 365 days (or until your AP is no longer active if your not renewing). so you can even link after getting the AP if you forget too.
Thank you!!

We have a cruise sandwiched between two WDW stays. Is there anyway to link the pictures taken on the cruise with memory maker?

We have a cruise sandwiched between two WDW stays. Is there anyway to link the pictures taken on the cruise with memory maker?
The cruise photos are done by a third party and the two systems are not connected in anyway.

A slightly odd question:
I am an annual passholder and I have a TON of photos (I think over a 1,000). Is there a way to download the photos broken into albums based on the parks.
Or based on situation, character photos/ park photos/ ride photos?

Last edited:
The Disney App has a good photographer locater on it. I used it a few times with success. Look for "Find Photographers" on the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter