Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Tacking onto this: If we want to ride Safari as our first ride, do we really need to be rushing through the gates at 7:30 am?

With Daylight Saving Time and the later sunrise that comes with it, KS is listed for opening at 9 AM. I'm sure people start lining up before that, but I don't think you need to be rushing through the gates at 7:30.

DAK is different than MK and DHS because there aren't as many ride attractions, especially with Everest temporarily closed and the number of people who aren't interested in getting as wet as you're likely to get on Kali. The vast majority of people arriving when the gates open at 7 AM will be heading to FOP to avoid the $10 LL fee

So, while we probably will plan to get to the bus stop 90 minutes before ETPE at the other three parks, for DAK we will probably just plan to arrive at the park shortly before 7. so, maybe get to the bus about 6:15.Our plan is to get a LL for FOP for anytime before about 1 PM and KS for as early as we can get. That will give us time to ride Navi and Dinosaur during ETPE and then relax with a snack or stroll around the trails before our LL times. We will have plenty of time to see and do what we want, have lunch at Satulli and then leave the park in the afternoon.

We will be going to the fireworks at MK that evening and will use genie+ to get a few LL there.

My question for people who have been at the parks during the current spring break hours. Is the opening pattern at each parks still the same as it was on our previous trips?

Specifically:
1. Tapstiles open about an hour before ETPE opens, with security lines opening a few minutes before that.

2. Guests are allowed into the parks and are held at various points in the park before being let on to attractions.

3. On some days, in some parks, and for some rides, guests are allowed in to the ride a little before the official ETPE open.

With Daylight Saving Time and the later sunrise that comes with it, KS is listed for opening at 9 AM. I'm sure people start lining up before that, but I don't think you need to be rushing through the gates at 7:30.

DAK is different than MK and DHS because there aren't as many ride attractions, especially with Everest temporarily closed and the number of people who aren't interested in getting as wet as you're likely to get on Kali. The vast majority of people arriving when the gates open at 7 AM will be heading to FOP to avoid the $10 LL fee

So, while we probably will plan to get to the bus stop 90 minutes before ETPE at the other three parks, for DAK we will probably just plan to arrive at the park shortly before 7. so, maybe get to the bus about 6:15.Our plan is to get a LL for FOP for anytime before about 1 PM and KS for as early as we can get. That will give us time to ride Navi and Dinosaur during ETPE and then relax with a snack or stroll around the trails before our LL times. We will have plenty of time to see and do what we want, have lunch at Satulli and then leave the park in the afternoon.

We will be going to the fireworks at MK that evening and will use genie+ to get a few LL there.
We won't rice FOP, and already have a DAS preselection for dinosaur and Navi, but we really wanted to see the animals in the morning when its cool and they're up. We "rope dropped" the san diego zoo last year, and it was 100% worth it because we saw so many animals up and playing and eating

Sounds like 90 mins is still the way to go to arrive towards the front of the ETPE crowds.
So if DHS officially opens at 8:30 with ETPE at 8:00, the recommendation is to leave our Disney resort around 6:30. If we want to RD either SDD or RotR, how long will we likely be waiting around in the DHS arriving crowds before the ride starts loading guests?

I understand that being in the front of the ETPE crowd may mean we could get in a 2nd ride during ETPE and more in the early park hours. But we only plan to do maybe 2-3 rides and then a show or 2, before returning to our resort for a long break with an infant and a toddler. Leaving the resort around 7:15 would certainly be easier with the littles. Waiting around is a challenge with an active toddler.

So I'm wondering how much time spent waiting is really spared by this strategy of getting out the door at 6:30, or if it just shifts the wait location from a queue to within a crowd (with our stroller and the option to get coffee, rest room stop, etc.). Any idea?

Last edited:
So if DHS officially opens at 8:30 with ETPE at 8:00, the recommendation is to leave our Disney resort around 6;30. If we want to RD either SDD or RotR, how long will we likely be waiting around in the DHS arriving crowds before the ride starts loading guests?

I'm wondering how much time spent waiting is really spared by this strategy or if it just shifts the wait location from a queue to within a crowd (with the option to get coffee, rest room stop, etc.). Any idea?

Going to TOT or RNRC gets you into a line from which you will be able to use the restrooms until they move people into the attraction, which would probably be at or shortly before the actual ETPE open time.

Our MO has been for me to go right to the line for TOT while whatever subset of my wife and daughters who are with me stop and get Starbucks. Then they join me in line with their coffee.

My question for people who have been at the parks during the current spring break hours. Is the opening pattern at each parks still the same as it was on our previous trips?

Specifically:
1. Tapstiles open about an hour before ETPE opens, with security lines opening a few minutes before that.

2. Guests are allowed into the parks and are held at various points in the park before being let on to attractions.

3. On some days, in some parks, and for some rides, guests are allowed in to the ride a little before the official ETPE open.

1. More like 30 minutes.
2. Sort of. At MK, ETPE eligible guests are held at the teacups for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland Bridge for rope drop to those respected areas,
3. Correct, if the ride has gone through its safety protocols. At DHS the other day, Rise had not completed its check. Guests were allowed to wait in stand-by queue. Ride was active just a little past ETPE open and the line cleared pretty quickly (for those that were actually at the park when the tapstyles opened)

So if DHS officially opens at 8:30 with ETPE at 8:00, the recommendation is to leave our Disney resort around 6:30. If we want to RD either SDD or RotR, how long will we likely be waiting around in the DHS arriving crowds before the ride starts loading guests?

I understand that being in the front of the ETPE crowd may mean we could get in a 2nd ride during ETPE and more in the early park hours. But we only plan to do maybe 2-3 rides and then a show or 2, before returning to our resort for a long break with an infant and a toddler. Leaving the resort around 7:15 would certainly be easier with the littles. Waiting around is a challenge with an active toddler.

So I'm wondering how much time spent waiting is really spared by this strategy of getting out the door at 6:30, or if it just shifts the wait location from a queue to within a crowd (with our stroller and the option to get coffee, rest room stop, etc.). Any idea?
Arriving at your resort transportation around 7:15 for ETPE that begins at 8:00 may get you to a park in time for ETPE (depending on which resort and which park) but the challenge you will run into is that the lines for transportation at your resort at 7:15 are probably exponentially longer than they are at 6:30. While I completely understand 7:15 is easier that 6:30, it will still mean waits, just in a different location.

So it sounds like being in line for transportation 90 minutes before early entry gives a pretty good guarantee of being on the first transportation out, but it will be about a half hour wait, correct? I’m just thinking maybe we grab mobile breakfast to eat while waiting. Has anyone done that?

Arriving at your resort transportation around 7:15 for ETPE that begins at 8:00 may get you to a park in time for ETPE (depending on which resort and which park) but the challenge you will run into is that the lines for transportation at your resort at 7:15 are probably exponentially longer than they are at 6:30. While I completely understand 7:15 is easier that 6:30, it will still mean waits, just in a different location.
Thank you for your reply! We'll be at BWV and probably walk to DHS. I probably should have said that, sorry.

So if we arrive at the park gates around 7:45 vs. 7:00 with an 8:00 ETPE time, we won't be near the front of the crowd. Does that make a significant difference in the wait time we'd have to ride RotR or SDD?

Thank you for your reply! We'll be at BWV and probably walk to DHS. I probably should have said that, sorry.

So if we arrive at the park gates around 7:45 vs. 7:00 with an 8:00 ETPE time, we won't be near the front of the crowd. Does that make a significant difference in the wait time we'd have to ride RotR or SDD?
Tapstyles open around 730a with RD holding areas at various points (Galaxy Edge, Toy Story Land, Sunset Blvd.) so if you arrive at 745a, your expected wait times at those rides will be impacted. To ensure your best experience, I would suggest arriving to the front entrance no later than 715a. The walk from BWV should take you around 20-25 minutes.

Specifically:

We’ve only used the early hours for HS. We’ve done it three times this week. Each time they started scanning people in at 730. For mmrr, tsm, sdd, tot, rnrc they line you up outside the attraction. For tot, rnrc, sdd they walk you through the line about 5-10 minutes before 8. They don’t start loading until 8 (in our experience for those three rides).

We’ve only used the early hours for HS. We’ve done it three times this week. Each time they started scanning people in at 730. For mmrr, tsm, sdd, tot, rnrc they line you up outside the attraction. For tot, rnrc, sdd they walk you through the line about 5-10 minutes before 8. They don’t start loading until 8 (in our experience for those three rides).
Thanks, super helpful.

Reports say they often load folks onto ROTR earlier than the 8AM ETPE opening. Sometimes way earlier by like 30 minutes. Did you see that? What about MFSR?

Thanks, super helpful.

Reports say they often load folks onto ROTR earlier than the 8AM ETPE opening. Sometimes way earlier by like 30 minutes. Did you see that? What about MFSR?

im not sure as we never went that way. If they do it would have to be open right as the let people in though as they let us scan starting at 730.

And as far as scanning, go as far to the right as you can to scan that you’re a resort guest. Just the last entrance is for offsite. Then when you get in there go as far right as you can again. We did that the first two days we went then this morning got a little hung up towards the right middle and we had to wait about 20 minutes for slinky. The other day when we went far right we were on in less than 5 I’d say.

That little bit of time makes a difference.

On two trips in November and January we went to DHS for ETPE four times, and every time they let people through the tapstiles at 7:30 for an 8:30 ETPE. I have time stamped pictures of Sunset Boulevard with virtually nobody there. So, I guess they have changed the procedure since then and hold people outside longer.

We’re planning on going to DHS on Thursday 5/26 (Thursday of Memorial Day weekend), it’s our arrival day & we’re staying on-site. The plan is to check in online and drive to DHS for EE, but I’m wondering what time the parking lot opens. Right now park hours are 9-9, and with EE we’d like to rope drop RoTR then do MFSR. We’re not doing RnR, ToT or SDD. Ideally we’d be thru the parking lot gates by 7am, and in line by 7:15 waiting for EE.

We rope dropped HS on Friday for ToT. Left caribbean beach at 730ish. Arrived and in line by 745-750. The line was almost to the main street. We were off around 830 (840 due to rider swap). Had wanted to hit RnR too but it was already posted 80. Thankfully we got to do that at end of day with a 10 min wait.

We rope dropped HS on Friday for ToT. Left caribbean beach at 730ish. Arrived and in line by 745-750. The line was almost to the main street. We were off around 830 (840 due to rider swap). Had wanted to hit RnR too but it was already posted 80. Thankfully we got to do that at end of day with a 10 min wait.
Do you remember what the posted wait was? I think they grossly inflate the time near closing to discourage people from getting in line. One time I entered the SDD line 2 minutes prior to closing with a 90 minute posted wait. I waited 30.

Do you remember what the posted wait was? I think they grossly inflate the time near closing to discourage people from getting in line. One time I entered the SDD line 2 minutes prior to closing with a 90 minute posted wait. I waited 30.
It was posted at 60 with an actual wait of about 10 (to the recording room).

DS was scared to get in the line thinking it would be that long but was soooo glad we did it.

Yes, Disney does this to discourage people from getting in line. It’s normally a great choice to ignore the posted wait time and get in line in the last 15 mins of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter