Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Has anyone here tried to tap in and been denied tapping within 5 mins before return time or within 15 mins of return time ending?
We have not yet been denied when within the grace period on either end. Definitely CM dependent when you are outside that grace period. We got to ToT about 7 minutes before our window opened and the CM’s had no problem letting us right through. Another time we got to our LL earlier than the grace period and were told to wait.

I will be bringing 15 people to MK in June and plan to use the genie plus. Some will have AP's, some will have military promotional tickets and three will have main gate if I can book those.
We will have three children under age 3 so I assume we do not have to buy genie plus for them becasue they do not need park tickets to enter.
I do ALL the planning for this group. We are all staying on property.

Will I have any issues paying for all the genie plus options each night at midnight if everyone is on my friends and family list.
Will I have any issues in the park getting return times all together.
We will still open the park so is it better for us to wait to book the first return time right after we enter or at 7am

Thanks for any and all tips !!!!!

I know there are a lot of YouTube channels and video bloggers out there that have posted some nice videos explaining how Genie+ and ILL work, but I still haven’t found what I’m looking for. Does anyone know of a good explanation video that actually walks you through how to use the system to make LL and ILL reservations? The video should actually show what the phone screen looks like and which buttons to press, etc. I found a lot of good verbal explanations but haven’t found an actual “walkthrough”.

Option 1: On the Tip Board, under "To customize your Tip Board....", click on Edit Selection. Then pick only one selection for the park.

Option 2: On My Day, click on Get Started Now (with Disney Genie), and after several screens you will get to My Top Picks. Pick your selection there. (I think maybe you only will have this option, if you have park tickets and reservation.)

Hi all, hoping someone can answer this question. I have looked all over and unable to find the answer to this.

Can you stack a genie + reservation with a ILL$ reservation?

In other words, can we make our 7am Genie + reservation for say Peter Pan, then go ahead and pay for the premium ILL$ of say SDMT?

TIA

Hi all, hoping someone can answer this question. I have looked all over and unable to find the answer to this.

Can you stack a genie + reservation with a ILL$ reservation?

In other words, can we make our 7am Genie + reservation for say Peter Pan, then go ahead and pay for the premium ILL$ of say SDMT?

TIA
Yes. the ILL$ and Genie+ selections are independent of each other.

I've heard that somewhere in Genie you can designate the park you want to hop to AND the time you plan on hopping there. Is this true and if so how?

I could be wrong but as long as the time occurs after park hopping is allowed I don’t think it makes a difference. No need to specify which park you are hopping to

But if I could specify that I wasn't going to park hop to EPCOT until say 5 pm so I could do some rides before Harmonious, and then Genie would only offer me LL options for 5 or later, that would be really helpful. If that was the case it would allow me to stack some LL while I'm lounging around the pool in the afternoon.

But if I could specify that I wasn't going to park hop to EPCOT until say 5 pm so I could do some rides before Harmonious, and then Genie would only offer me LL options for 5 or later, that would be really helpful. If that was the case it would allow me to stack some LL while I'm lounging around the pool in the afternoon.
Unfortunately Genie+ doesn’t operate that way. I know you can specify when your park hopping on Genie as I’ve done it before (maybe at the bottom of the “My Day” tab?) but Genie+ will always offer you next available no matter how you organize your day on the free part of the Genie app. Regardless, you can stack rides in the evening, you’ll just need to book the more popular rides first as they will show later times the earliest. Beware that those rides will also run out the quickest so if your looking to stack, know what rides you want booked and make sure you use the 120-minute rule so the return times work in your favor.

I've seen elsewhere that I can "Add Another Guest" to a G+ reservation if they don't have "a conflicting reservation" but it's not clear what that means.

If someone else in my party at say 11AM books a G+ LL for 5pm for just themselves, and at 11:15 I book an 11:45pm reservation for a different ride, can I immediately add them to my reservation as well? Or will it consider them unavailable since their 2 hour window hasn't closed?

I'm assuming that all these potential loopholes won't work, but just want to be clear before we get to the day of with 1 plan and have to change it.

Do you have to pick your favorites every day to keep them "pinned" to the top of your Tip Board? I finally figured out how to get my preferred rides to the top of the list yesterday but when I checked today the list was back to alphabetical.

FWIW - We don't leave next week so I'm not using G+ "live" at the moment, just stalking things and testing it out...

A couple of questions for our trip coming up in May:

1. We will have (3) of us on AP, and the other (2) will be tickets--but we will NOT pay for the length-of-stay Genie Plus for ticketed guests. My intentions are to book all of us on a day-by-day basis--which it appears like I won't have an issue with since the tickets didn't buy length-of-stay Genie Plus, correct?

2. We typically go to one Park in the morning, and then take an afternoon break, then head to a different Park in the evening. With this said, I know how to book for the first park--but 'when' can i start booking the Park we will head to in the evening? Would it have to be after 2PM park hopping time?

3. Since we visit the first Park just in the morning, is there anything I can do (besides booking 'right' at 7AM) to ensure I don't get afternoon times for Genie Plus for that first Park?

A couple of questions for our trip coming up in May:

1. We will have (3) of us on AP, and the other (2) will be tickets--but we will NOT pay for the length-of-stay Genie Plus for ticketed guests. My intentions are to book all of us on a day-by-day basis--which it appears like I won't have an issue with since the tickets didn't buy length-of-stay Genie Plus, correct?

2. We typically go to one Park in the morning, and then take an afternoon break, then head to a different Park in the evening. With this said, I know how to book for the first park--but 'when' can i start booking the Park we will head to in the evening? Would it have to be after 2PM park hopping time?

3. Since we visit the first Park just in the morning, is there anything I can do (besides booking 'right' at 7AM) to ensure I don't get afternoon times for Genie Plus for that first Park?

1--See post #7 on the first page for the answers to the AP/non-AP issue
2--You can book for the second park at any time you wish. It will look like G+ is giving you times that won't work, but when you actually go to book, the times will be for after 2pm.
3--It depends on how many people will be using G+ and on what rides you want to use it for. You can view available times from home on the app---I've been watching on and off for 2 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter