Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Oh no! I’m so sorry!
I bought my tickets after the price increase, but I worry they may either increase ticket prices Or the cost of Genie+ by December.
That's why I did it, too - because I didn't want them to increase the cost of G+ before my trip but turns out I paid extra anyway!!

I'm in the process of trying to ask Disney for a refund on that as there's nothing noted in the pricing of this add-on that would indicate that I should pay for any additional ticket price increases. We'll see how sympathetic they are. But I did want to point that out in case you bought the tickets before the increase (which I think happened around 2/20?).
Update - after three hours of holds, transfers, call backs, and more holding (and this was after I called yesterday, spoke to someone and got put into the callback queue only to never get my call back), I got my money back. $58. But for every one person like me who's stupid enough and willing to wait on hold forever, there are countless others that won't find it worth it to wait to get that money back and Disney is banking on that. Literally - putting it in the bank.

This is great info! We are going to be in the MK on Easter Sunday, early park entry...4 adults, two boys 7 and 4
Is it possible to make different G+ reservations for different people? Ex. the Dad and 7YO want to go to Big Thunder and Splash first. The rest of us want to take the 4YO to Pooh and Dumbo. Can we split the G+ based on where the group wants to go? Or do we just go there first to ride them, and schedule a G+ for all of us for Pan or PIrates let's say...

This is great info! We are going to be in the MK on Easter Sunday, early park entry...4 adults, two boys 7 and 4
Is it possible to make different G+ reservations for different people? Ex. the Dad and 7YO want to go to Big Thunder and Splash first. The rest of us want to take the 4YO to Pooh and Dumbo. Can we split the G+ based on where the group wants to go? Or do we just go there first to ride them, and schedule a G+ for all of us for Pan or PIrates let's say...
Yes, you can do this for sure. You will have the opportunity to choose who you’re booking for.

Two things to be aware of is that you can only choose the times being offered so it’s not as easy to line them up at the same time as it was in the past when you selected times.

Also, it’s very common for return times to be later than the time displayed when booking was started. If you can, choose the more popular attraction first as that time will get pushed out faster. Even better, if you can have 2 people on 2 different devices, this will be beneficial. More than one person can be signed into the same account at the same time.

We are in the same exact situation. No SDD for us. Staying onsite. Using ETPE. Below is my two cents from reading the forums diligently the last several weeks. I am curious to your thoughts...

I have been to the Galaxy's Edge at DLR a couple times pre-COVID and ridden the GE rides there multiple times. DW has never been to GE and hence ridden none of the rides. That and ROTR+MFSR are thus a high priority for us.

Not sure how big your crew is, but we are just DW and me. It sounds like small groups of 2 have a lot more flexibility getting G+LL and ILL$. Our day has 8:30 park opening. ToT is running at reduced capacity because of work being done so that is a little higher priority than normal because the lines get so long.

Our goals are the following: ROTR and MFSR once, MMRR once, and ToT/RnR/TSM twice each. So we need to get to ToT/RnR/TSM in early morning standby for a first ride and hope for G+ to get a second ride on each.

Also, now that DHS is opening at 8:30AM (for the coming weeks at least) I am going to try to gather from others here which ETPE rides open right at 8AM and which cheat open a little earlier - and target those that cheat open earlier than 8AM.

1. 7AM book ROTR w/ ILL$ (for late morning or afternoon if possible). Try hard to get a G+ LL #1 for a return window that opens before 10:30AM as that seems to give much better options for G+ LL#2 and #3. Will likely target MFSR for first G+LL, but if not available for an early window then ToT will be the next priority.

2. Will try and get to the DHS gates by 7:30AM for an 8AM ETPE.

3. Ride ToT

4. Ride RnR

5. Ride MMRR

6. Ride TSM

7. Hopefully use G+ LL#1 before 10:30AM and get LL#2 - probably/hopefully for MFSR if I did not get it at 7AM. Otherwise RnR.

8. Hopefully get LL#3 for TSM (or RnR)

End of night close to 9PM - possibly try for ride #2 or ROTR through standby line.
We are not trying to ride TOT or RnR twice...that's seems impossible given the current wait times.

As of now, since it looks like Genie+ is next to impossible for MFSR, RnR, ToT at the 12:30 window or its certainly risky, the best way to ride all these in a day is to:

1. 7AM book ROTR w/ ILL$. Get ToT or MFSR for LL#1 whatever is earlier.

2. Ride RnR at rope drop

3. Bite the bullet and ride MMRR next at standby

4. Get ToT or MFSR for LL#2 whatever is left

5. Get TSM for LL#3

I think I'm looking at this right.

Is it possible to cancel an already booked ILL$ if an earlier return time comes available and rebook?

When can you book a genie+ at the park you are hopping to. I understand it has to be after 2p but is that the arrival time or the time you can actual book?

For example if I start at Epcot and plan on park hopping to DHS, when the 120 min opens up at 10:30, can I book my ride at DHS if its arrival time is after 2pm? Or do I have to wait until after 2pm to book a ride at DHS.

Thanks for your help.

We are not trying to ride TOT or RnR twice...that's seems impossible given the current wait times.

As of now, since it looks like Genie+ is next to impossible for MFSR, RnR, ToT at the 12:30 window or its certainly risky, the best way to ride all these in a day is to:

2. Ride RnR at rope drop

5. Get TSM for LL#3

Re #3: By the time you're off RnR, the line for MMRR could be nearly an hour long, since a lot of the RD crowd who doesn't go to RotR goes to MMRR.

2. Ride RnR at rope drop

5. Get TSM for LL#3

Thinking about just telling my family we’re doing MFSR single rider and not trying to game a LL for it. We’ve never ridden it before so even being the engineer or whatever they stick the single riders in has to be better than waiting for 90 minutes for that or any other ride. We’re there next week and realistically I think we’ll be lucky to get 2 LL at DHS so that at least cuts down the list.

Re #3: By the time you're off RnR, the line for MMRR could be nearly an hour long, since a lot of the RD crowd who doesn't go to RotR goes to MMRR.
Her/his RnR is at RD for ETPE so hopefully MMRR will not be that long.

When can you book a genie+ at the park you are hopping to. I understand it has to be after 2p but is that the arrival time or the time you can actual book?

For example if I start at Epcot and plan on park hopping to DHS, when the 120 min opens up at 10:30, can I book my ride at DHS if its arrival time is after 2pm? Or do I have to wait until after 2pm to book a ride at DHS.

Thanks for your help.
If you book a LL for a park at which you don't have a park reservation (i.e. the one you're hopping to) it should just automatically assign you a return time for after 2 pm, even if you selected one that was earlier.

Thanks for your help.
You can book your first Genie+ LL at 7:00, whether staying onsite or offsite. If you have park hopper tickets, it can be in the park you have a park reservation for or in another park. If in the park you have a reservation for, you will be given the next available time. If in another park, you will be given the next available time that is 2:00 or later. The same is true when you book your second G+ LL. If in the park you have a reservation for, you will be given the next available time. If in another park, you will be given the next available time that is 2:00 or later.

EDIT: Even if the ride has available times before 2:00, you can book in your second (hop-to) park. By "next available time that is 2:00 or later," I mean that you cannot depend on getting 2:00. It's possible that all the other park hoppers will have that time period already booked up. You may get a later time.

Last edited:
Her/his RnR is at RD for ETPE so hopefully MMRR will not be that long.
We've RD'd MMRR during ETPE in December. We'd been hoping to ride it twice--once at ETPE and then just get back in the line after we were done, but by the time we exited the ride, the line was already 45 or 50 minutes long.

can genie plus sell out for a busy day?? I am planning to buy 5 day tickets, but only want to buy genie plus for 4 days. I understand I either buy 5 days with genie plus for all days, or I buy base ticket and individually buy genie plus after 12AM for the day I want to go. Wondering If there is a chance I might not be able to buy genie plus (glitchy app, sold out etc..)

can genie plus sell out for a busy day?? I am planning to buy 5 day tickets, but only want to buy genie plus for 4 days. I understand I either buy 5 days with genie plus for all days, or I buy base ticket and individually buy genie plus after 12AM for the day I want to go. Wondering If there is a chance I might not be able to buy genie plus (glitchy app, sold out etc..)
No, Genie+ is Available to anyone who wants to buy it. In fact, you can buy middle of the day when no good rides are left... Please don't do this! 🤣

But if you're already planning for 4 out of 5 days, it's probably worth it to have that 5th day, just to help navigate some rides and grab LLs for what you didn't ride the first day in that park.

If I book 2 people on $LL and of the two people changes their mind - can the other person ride in their place?

There is absolutely nothing stopping someone from purchasing G+ the days they want to. It would take less than 2 minutes to do so and they could do it just before 7AM.

I look at the finances of it. How many attractions at AK would a family with 4 young children be able to use G+ for that would have long lines? Many family attractions at AK are shows with large capacities.

I cannot in good faith (since OP asked) say yes to adding it to every day of their trip. They have 6 day tickets!! That’s not a ‘shorter trip’ to many people. $600 is a lot of money to many people when they could just as easily add it for the days they wish just before selecting their 7AM LL choices on the days they choose to purchase it.

On the days it’s not needed that $100 would feed them a meal or purchase souvenirs.
Missing my point but not worth continuing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter