• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

What about Remy vs test track?
When I went with G+, I used G+ for Remy (booked at 7am), then I did Test Track at rope drop via standby. I was also able to ride TT a second time in the evening with G+.

We are a party of six traveling next week. I am planning on getting Genie + a few days. Can I split the party when making selections? For example, some want to do Space Mtn. but some do not. Can I select something else for them?

We are a party of six traveling next week. I am planning on getting Genie + a few days. Can I split the party when making selections? For example, some want to do Space Mtn. but some do not. Can I select something else for them?
Yes. When booking you will be asked to select which people from your party you are booking for.

If I have Park Hoppers and want my first LL selection to be at my second park (e.g., not the park that I have a park reservation for), is there a way to make ride selections for my day/tip board for that second park before 7:00am?

I will be starting at AK, then hopping to EP and want Remy pinned to the top of my tip board so it's there at 7:00am for my first selection.

If I have Park Hoppers and want my first LL selection to be at my second park (e.g., not the park that I have a park reservation for), is there a way to make ride selections for my day/tip board for that second park before 7:00am?

I will be starting at AK, then hopping to EP and want Remy pinned to the top of my tip board so it's there at 7:00am for my first selection.
No. The earliest any LL can be booked is at 7AM. LL reservations open at 7AM for all.

If you wish to book a LL for a park you are hopping to, you will need to wait until the booking time for that attraction is 2PM or later. That can happen within moments for attractions like SDD but for less popular attractions it can take hours for the return time to reach 2PM.

Remy is an attraction that will fill very quickly so you should just keep refreshing at 7AM until Remy displays a LL time of 2PM or later.

It is discussed under "Setting up Park Hopping in Genie" in this article: https://touringplans.com/blog/how-to-setup-customize-genie-tip-board/#genie-second-park-hop

I haven't done it myself, so can provide no further advice.

For the most part I agree with @scrappinginontario the issue is times don’t display till 715, and Remy will be way past 2pm if not sold out by then. I would pin it and hit it maybe 10/15 seconds after 7 if it’s not yet at 2pm it will tell you to try later and just refresh. Note you won’t get to select the time you’ll get the first time available after 2pm so could be 2 or 6.

Eta the pinning only works like 75% of the time for me, so I have no good advice on how to pin it.

Last edited:
Thanks. Ya, I was just wondering if I could pin it or not, being the second park of the day.

So we know for sure that because times are not shown until 7:15am that I would not be able to book it even if the time return time is beyond 2pm??

Thanks. Ya, I was just wondering if I could pin it or not, being the second park of the day.

So we know for sure that because times are not shown until 7:15am that I would not be able to book it even if the time return time is beyond 2pm??

I was able to book for my hopping park it just said "check availability." You may just have to keep pressing it, backing out if ineligible, pressing again. It really depends on how fast the return times go.

OK, so that makes me think that I could book REMY between 7-7:15 if the return times have pushed to at least 2:00pm.

Would love to hear if anyone else could confirm this.

Could I ask, is there a particular time you can start pinning attractions on your tip board? I understand you can only pin on your actual park day, not before.

I'd just like to point out that I never pin anything because I dislike what Genie does to the My Day tab, and it's really not that time-consuming to scroll down to the desired attraction.

As for hopping, as long as the return time shown is 2 pm or later, and of course if you have an AP or hopper ticket, you can book it.

I pin but usually only like my top 1 - 2 attractions that I am constantly refreshing and looking for, typically because they are already sold out and I am hoping for a cancellation.

I'd just like to point out that I never pin anything because I dislike what Genie does to the My Day tab, and it's really not that time-consuming to scroll down to the desired attraction.

As for hopping, as long as the return time shown is 2 pm or later, and of course if you have an AP or hopper ticket, you can book it.
Yes I understand about the time shown at/after 2 pm; I was wondering about when it is booking at/after 2 pm and the time is NOT shown (e.g., trying to book between 7-7:15)

THANK YOU for asking this question and to all for the timely responses, As a long time Disneyholic, but a very anti-Genie+ person (based on trying to use it during a previous trip a year ago) I was hoping I could find this same answer.

My daughter and her boyfriend are doing ONE Disney day together with us next week. I know it's Spring Break week, and I'm already seeing park reservations showing unavailable parks for 4 days that week, though not YET for the day we plan to go. So we feel it would be good to do at least two parks.

We have decided we want to do EPCOT for our first park, then hop to MK that evening. With limited time, I've decided to bite the bullet and try Genie+ again for us. However our EPCOT goals are really only GoTG (in the morning hopefully) and then maybe some Food and Wine booths. Perhaps one or two other rides there (thinking Test Track and/or Soarin') but not sure how fast those LLs go and would be okay if we had to wait in line for one or both. So I thought instead of booking rides at EPCOT, that morning I'd just book rides at MK instead.

So I'm guessing I can book my first MK ride at 7am (as long as it's an after 2pm slot) and book the second one 2 hours after 9am park opening (so 11am). We plan to hop to MK close to 2pm and spend until 11pm there, so I realize our chance of getting other LL selections will be limited since we won't be able to use our first one until after our 2pm arrival. Refreshing/changing wasn't an option when we used this before, so I'll have to learn about that before we try it.

So if we do end up getting a LL reservation at EPCOT (say for Soarin or TT), then we can still book a second one at MK starting at 9am OR after we ride our EPCOT ride via the reservation, correct?

THANK YOU for asking this question and to all for the timely responses, As a long time Disneyholic, but a very anti-Genie+ person (based on trying to use it during a previous trip a year ago) I was hoping I could find this same answer.

My daughter and her boyfriend are doing ONE Disney day together with us next week. I know it's Spring Break week, and I'm already seeing park reservations showing unavailable parks for 4 days that week, though not YET for the day we plan to go. So we feel it would be good to do at least two parks.

We have decided we want to do EPCOT for our first park, then hop to MK that evening. With limited time, I've decided to bite the bullet and try Genie+ again for us. However our EPCOT goals are really only GoTG (in the morning hopefully) and then maybe some Food and Wine booths. Perhaps one or two other rides there (thinking Test Track and/or Soarin') but not sure how fast those LLs go and would be okay if we had to wait in line for one or both. So I thought instead of booking rides at EPCOT, that morning I'd just book rides at MK instead.

So I'm guessing I can book my first MK ride at 7am (as long as it's an after 2pm slot) and book the second one 2 hours after 9am park opening (so 11am). We plan to hop to MK close to 2pm and spend until 11pm there, so I realize our chance of getting other LL selections will be limited since we won't be able to use our first one until after our 2pm arrival. Refreshing/changing wasn't an option when we used this before, so I'll have to learn about that before we try it.

So if we do end up getting a LL reservation at EPCOT (say for Soarin or TT), then we can still book a second one at MK starting at 9am OR after we ride our EPCOT ride via the reservation, correct?
Correct and then you can book a new LL every 2 hours. After you tap into your most recently booked LL you can book another.

Here is an example
7am book Peter Pan for 4pm
11am book space for 5pm (2 hours after park open)
1pm book Winnie the Pooh for 2p
At 230 you tap into Winnie the Pooh you can book right then
At 230 you book 3pm small world tap in at 305 you can book right then
305 you book 9pm big thunder
Your need booking window is now 505

Does that make sense?

One thing to just be on the lookout for is the Tip Board in the app may default you into Epcot in the morning for your first LL because of your park reservation, but you can click the change park at the top to switch to MK.

You are correct in that you can go back and forth between parks in booking so you could book PP in MK first in the evening for when you hop and then book your 2nd LL in Epcot for Soarin with a close return, tap in, and then book something else in MK.

so I realize our chance of getting other LL selections will be limited since we won't be able to use our first one until after our 2pm arrival. Refreshing/changing wasn't an option when we used this before, so I'll have to learn about that before we try it

Not sure exactly what you mean here, but you can book another selection after 2 hours or after you use your most recently booked LL so you don't have to wait to use the one you picked after 2PM. They also added a feature to the top of the tip board now that tells you when you can book your next LL so that should be helpful in keeping track of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter