• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

If this helps anyone in the future, when my G+ was glitching, I used the chat with cast member feature and was able to have them book the LL for me, I just told them what park and ride I wanted. Once it was booked, I was able to modify it myself in my app even though it thought I didn't have G+.

Now I don't know if the issue today would have allowed them to do that but it would be worth a try for anyone who has this issue as it's better than having to wait another hour to make that LL.

So far no luck with the GS Blue Umbrella people. Will try again later. Let me know what everyone else experiences

If this helps anyone in the future, when my G+ was glitching, I used the chat with cast member feature and was able to have them book the LL for me, I just told them what park and ride I wanted. Once it was booked, I was able to modify it myself in my app even though it thought I didn't have G+.

Now I don't know if the issue today would have allowed them to do that but it would be worth a try for anyone who has this issue as it's better than having to wait another hour to make that LL.
It's kind of irrelevant for what happened today because it was impossible to get through to Chat. I waited for at least 45 minutes and got no response.

Meanwhile, GET offered only to give us a G+ for PPF as a replacement for our HM G+. And there was a huge line at HM. So we said no. And, btw, the person we spoke with didn't even really want to do that. I'm sure they'd dealt with many people this morning but the response was severely lacking in the usual Disney way.

We have planned to be at AK, go to dinner and then to MK for their extended evening hours. Is Genie +/ILL possible at the second park (MK)?

They don't use Genie+ for extended hours. You could buy it and get LL's or ILL for the MK in the evening before it closes to day guests. If going after Tron opens, they will be doing a VQ at 6pm for the EMH.

you can purchase ILLs and choose G+ selections at your second park, but for only until regular park close.

once extended evening hours begins, everything is standby only (except possibly VQ/ILL only attractions, like GotG is now, and probably tron once it opens).

you also have to have park hoppers to hop to a park, even just for EEH.

They don't use Genie+ for extended hours. You could buy it and get LL's or ILL for the MK in the evening before it closes to day guests. If going after Tron opens, they will be doing a VQ at 6pm for the EMH.
ok..what if we were to get to MK before EMH starts?LIke 6:00?

then you can stack some G+ selections for after 6PM, or buy an ILLS if you like for up until regular park close. it's a solid strategy if you are planning to be in the park for a while before regular close.

you can purchase ILLs and choose G+ selections at your second park, but for only until regular park close.

once extended evening hours begins, everything is standby only (except possibly VQ/ILL only attractions, like GotG is now, and probably tron once it opens).

you also have to have park hoppers to hop to a park, even just for EEH.
am I able to purchase the ILL, G+ and VQ for the second park early in the am?

am I able to purchase the ILL, G+ and VQ for the second park early in the am?
Not the VQ. You need to have a park hopper ticket and be ready to join the VQ at exactly 6pm, they go fast. If you were going to the MK in the morning as your first park, and have a reservation, you could try for the Tron VQ at 7am (again, if you are going after it opens on 4/4).

then you can stack some G+ selections for after 6PM, or buy an ILLS if you like for up until regular park close. it's a solid strategy if you are planning to be in the park for a while before regular close.
ok! Thanks..one more question. If we have a car, are we able to drive from AK, to Wilderness Lodge for early dinner, then leave our car there to take the boat to MK...will our car remaining at WL be a problem?

ok! Thanks..one more question. If we have a car, are we able to drive from AK, to Wilderness Lodge for early dinner, then leave our car there to take the boat to MK...will our car remaining at WL be a problem?

There’s no one answer for this. Some people are firmly in the camp that you will be fine doing this. Others say there’s a hard parking limit and your car can be towed. A third group says it’s unfair to people who are actually staying there for others to use the parking lots as theme park parking.

Heck, you could probably ask three different parking attendants at the hotel and get three different answers. I’d probably move my car to the TTC after eating.

Disney permits you to have your car at WL while you are dining there but then it needs to be moved to the TTC prior to going to MK.

From the Disney website:

ECB0DE0B-24A5-4CB0-BFA7-5E4ED776348A.jpeg

A vehicle needs to be moved after dining is complete.

The Disboards place to start is here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...lightning-lane-please-read-posts-1-7.3856734/

Read posts 3 and 4, in particular, until you understand them, then read them again to see if you missed anything. As for YouTube videos, be aware that the Genie+ and ILL rules have changed since the system was first introduced, so be alert as to when the video was made. Ignore anything that is old. I believe the last significant change was in early December, so look for ones made since then. (I realize it can be hard to tell when the video was made.)
For some reason, whenever I see this thread or the links to the beginning of this thread, page one starts at post no. 10...? What am I doing wrong?

For some reason, whenever I see this thread or the links to the beginning of this thread, page one starts at post no. 10...? What am I doing wrong?
Hmmm, not sure. When I click the link in the list above it takes me to post 1. Do you have that thread in your favourites? Possibly pinned post 20?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter