Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Yes, you should be able to see her photos and she should be able to see yours, if you have your MDE accounts set to see each other’s photos in your F&F lists and to View All on the Photos page in your MDE app and your PhotoPass website. If everything is set correctly in both places on both of your MDE accounts, you may need to visit the PhotoPass office at one of the parks to straighten it out.
disregard. I’m an idiot apparently. I didn’t notice the filter for the photos was set to “only mine”. Toggled it to all as suggested and it’s showing all her photos now on my app

disregard. I’m an idiot apparently. I didn’t notice the filter for the photos was set to “only mine”. Toggled it to all as suggested and it’s showing all her photos now on my app
No, you’re not an idiot - it took me quite a while to figure that out. I thought Filter would be for something other than whose MB was scanned for the photo!

I'm glad you asked the question 'cuz I learned something new as a first time Memory Maker purchaser! (and thank you @CarolynFH for your helpful info as always!

I'm glad you asked the question 'cuz I learned something new as a first time Memory Maker purchaser! (and thank you @CarolynFH for your helpful info as always!

PS I think it defaults back to “only mine” sometimes, such as after MDE updates, so keep an eye on it.

On past pre-pandemic trips, I didn’t need to purchase Memory Maker because I had a family member who had an AP (and MM was included), and because we were on each other’s friends and family list, she was able to see and download my pics. Does anyone know if this is still the case?
Still possible. But with the new pass structure, it's a paid add-on to the annual pass.

Just an FYI- we returned Saturday from 4 park days. Pre-purchased the Memory Maker. I was disappointed in how few photogs they had. And the crowds were insane so lines for iconic photos were sometimes 5 - 10 groups deep. I assume it just goes back to staffing issue. My young adults humor me to stop for photos, but when on overload due to heat and crowds, we just had to keep walking by several.

Now that we are back, I'm also disappointed that the only way to edit and add stickers and frames is to do it on my iPhone or iPad. Can't do any editing on my MacBook. When we went in 2009 there was an abundance of photogs (I understand it was a different time), but I could edit and save pics using my computer and download all (or buy the CD).

Sharing so you can evaluate the value for your family. Still a better value for 2nd in a lifetime family trip than buying individual photos, but not as exciting as it once was.

I may try another trip with my 21 year old and wondering if I'll spend on Memory Maker for 2 days.

I have this problem from our trip in Jan.
Yesterday waited 2 hours and 44 min (called (407) 939-4357 the phone number on the link your MDE to memory maker page)
Finally got to talk to a person -- passed me over to Memory maker person -- she needed another person to link my account with the Memory Maker and "they are all in a meeting" - not sure if I believe that but she promised that she'd log my request and they'd take care of it when they get out of their meeting. We shall see. All in all my phone was in use for over 3 hours.
While I was at it I complained that I've sent 5 emails - the first on Feb 7 - over 3 weeks ago.
So far today it still isn't linked. I wish I'd realized it before we came home. I think in person would have been better.

Hello, we’re having the same problem including multiple attempts to get it resolved. Can you tell me how you finally got it fixed? Thank you so much (and this is so frustrating...)!

So I went to WDW on Feb 4th-10th. I was able to get all my pictures linked to my account. However, there was one missing from tower of terror. We even scanned my wife's magic band after we left the ride to make sure we would not miss the picture.

It did not link to MDE. I sent them an email 6 weeks ago. I just got an email back saying they found the picture and they uploaded to my MDE!! So if you have anything missing, just email them.

So I went to WDW on Feb 4th-10th. I was able to get all my pictures linked to my account. However, there was one missing from tower of terror. We even scanned my wife's magic band after we left the ride to make sure we would not miss the picture.

It did not link to MDE. I sent them an email 6 weeks ago. I just got an email back saying they found the picture and they uploaded to my MDE!! So if you have anything missing, just email them.
Yes, those CMs are great! We had one missing from January that I had written off because it had been so long since I had reported it. They found it and put it in our account last week!

Does anybody have a map of the the locations of the crazy picture places? I am thinking of the pictures that are like 360 degree pics. Or really zoomed out pictures? we got one at Magic kingdom once. There isn't a photopass photographer at it.

Does anybody have a map of the the locations of the crazy picture places? I am thinking of the pictures that are like 360 degree pics. Or really zoomed out pictures? we got one at Magic kingdom once. There isn't a photopass photographer at it.
We had one done in the MK last month. It was one of the zoomed ones and there was a photopass photographer at it. It was on the Ice Cream Parlor side of the hub. Going along main street, go past the ice cream parlor and past the first section of the hub and turn right at the first path. The photographer was stationed about 30' after turning right.

I'm not aware of there being a map of specialty photographer locations but I find these days many of the photographers can take these pictures for you if you ask.

Quick question to confirm. I plan on getting the military salute memory maker in Disney springs on day of arrival. All of my family in my room whose profiles I manage will automatically have their pics link to my memory maker, right? Even if we take pics separately? Thanks so much!

Deb

I've used Memory Maker in the past but not for a runDisney race. Does anyone know how MM works with runDisney events? If your group splits up during the run will everyone's photos still appear on the MDE account? Does it only include the photo that you take and scan your band or will it also pick up on your race bib number and link those to your MM account as well? TIA for any info.

I've used Memory Maker in the past but not for a runDisney race. Does anyone know how MM works with runDisney events? If your group splits up during the run will everyone's photos still appear on the MDE account? Does it only include the photo that you take and scan your band or will it also pick up on your race bib number and link those to your MM account as well? TIA for any info.
You input your bib number. I think you can put up to 4 bibs on it?? I would ask in the runDisney marathon thread. They will know.

Its been a few years, but we used it during a Marathon weekend in January and DD and DSiL used it for F&W that year too. As above, you input the bib numbers for your party - I can't remember whether there's a limit or not; the most we had was 4. And even though you split up (DD and DSiL were way ahead of us), the system does recognize the bib numbers and put those photos into your account. I think we got one photo that wasn't our party, otherwise it was great. There were a lot of photographers on the route, and we got a lot of photos!

Its been a few years, but we used it during a Marathon weekend in January and DD and DSiL used it for F&W that year too. As above, you input the bib numbers for your party - I can't remember whether there's a limit or not; the most we had was 4. And even though you split up (DD and DSiL were way ahead of us), the system does recognize the bib numbers and put those photos into your account. I think we got one photo that wasn't our party, otherwise it was great. There were a lot of photographers on the route, and we got a lot of photos!
Awesome! Can you put the bib number in any time or does it have to be within a certain window of time?

Quick question to confirm. I plan on getting the military salute memory maker in Disney springs on day of arrival. All of my family in my room whose profiles I manage will automatically have their pics link to my memory maker, right? Even if we take pics separately? Thanks so much!

Deb
Yes

We are going on a 10 day trip in May and June and are considering adding Memory Maker. We haven't been to the parks since before Covid and are going with our daughter, son and new daughter-in-law. It's her first DisneyWorld trip ever so I thought it would be fun to have tons of special pictures.

Are there still plenty of Photopass photographers in the parks? Has anyone seen them at the resorts? Years ago there was one at the Poly and we got some really wonderful pictures taken there.

We only have one MDE account (mine) and everyone is listed in the "My Planning Party". If the Memory Maker is linked to the MDE account, will everyone's magic bands work to link the pictures to our account? We will be splitting up quite a bit during this trip, and I want to make sure that magic bands other than mine will work to link photos.

Thanks for your help!

We only have one MDE account (mine) and everyone is listed in the "My Planning Party". If the Memory Maker is linked to the MDE account, will everyone's magic bands work to link the pictures to our account? We will be splitting up quite a bit during this trip, and I want to make sure that magic bands other than mine will work to link photos.
Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter