Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I am a bit sheepish. I waited on hold a while to get help finding some missing photos, only to find out that I as on My Photos rather than "Include Family and Friends".
Yes, that tripped me up several times, because DH is quicker to have his MB scanned by the photographer than I am!

Been many years since I last bought photopass, I have a few questions...

- Did they rebrand this? Looks like PhotoPass and Memory Maker are now synonymous? If so, are there any differences from before?
- I only want it for our day at MK, and it looks like I can buy the single day Memory Maker for $70. After doing so, is there an option to select the date I want to use it for?
- Once I buy it and select my day, how does it all work for ride photos? After we get off a ride, do we have to line up to search for our photo and select something? It sounds like we have to tap our magic bands somewhere but that's as much as I know about the process.

Been many years since I last bought photopass, I have a few questions...

1. Did they rebrand this? Looks like PhotoPass and Memory Maker are now synonymous? If so, are there any differences from before?
2. I only want it for our day at MK, and it looks like I can buy the single day Memory Maker for $70. After doing so, is there an option to select the date I want to use it for?
3. Once I buy it and select my day, how does it all work for ride photos? After we get off a ride, do we have to line up to search for our photo and select something? It sounds like we have to tap our magic bands somewhere but that's as much as I know about the process.
1. PhotoPass is the picture taking service. Memory Maker is a PhotoPass product that allows you to download your photos and videos.
2. If you purchase the one-day memory maker in advance, you activate it when you go to download the first photo taken on the day you want to use it.
3. If you have a recent MagicBand, there are long range readers on all rides that should pick up your MB and automatically link the photo and ride video (where available).

1. PhotoPass is the picture taking service. Memory Maker is a PhotoPass product that allows you to download your photos and videos.
2. If you purchase the one-day memory maker in advance, you activate it when you go to download the first photo taken on the day you want to use it.
3. If you have a recent MagicBand, there are long range readers on all rides that should pick up your MB and automatically link the photo and ride video (where available).
Thanks! We just bought magicbands so does this mean we dont need to wait to tap in anywhere after a ride, they all just link automatically? How does the system know which seat in the ride we sat in?

I bought the pre-purchase memory maker today and our first day is this Monday. I know I cut it a little close (been super busy at work) but will Monday still be in the "within 3 day" window?

We have a December trip package (booked in January) that includes Memory Maker. I have a trip later this week that I pre purchased Memory Maker for this past weekend. Both show up in MDE. Does it matter which MM get used for my April trip? Will the system automatically chose the same one for the whole April trip? I will have friends and family linked - just want to make sure all photos end up on the same MM

We've purchased Memory Maker for the first time. Other than rides and characters how do I know where the photo pass photographers are? What am I looking for when in the parks? What shouldn't we miss? Any tips are appreciated. Thank you.

We've purchased Memory Maker for the first time. Other than rides and characters how do I know where the photo pass photographers are? What am I looking for when in the parks? What shouldn't we miss? Any tips are appreciated. Thank you.

On the app where the wait times are you can filter it to show Photopass locations.

F812F382-F833-4CA5-B5D1-870B0AE06510.jpeg58E9B323-63C2-4774-BC4F-97CEC6190E0E.jpeg

In addition to being aware of likely locations, you’ll be able to recognize the photographers based on their costumes (vest) and cameras - not to mention there might be a line of other guests waiting while someone else has their photos taken. However, we try to keep an eye out for them everywhere we go in the parks - we’ve been surprised to find some “lonely” photographers in locations we thought would be busy.

My Dad purchased Memory Maker. I can see it in my plans that its there under his name. We are all connected as Friends and Family. Is there anything else I need to do for this or will all of our pics automatically show up for everyone and we all have access? Thanks!

To be thorough, make sure every person is linked to every other person. So if there's six of you:

A links to B
A links to C
A links to D
A links to E
A links to F
B links to C
B links to D
B links to E
B links to F
C links to D
C links to E
C links to F
D links to E
D links to F
E links to F

Then, within Friends and Family, make sure this box is checked for each linked pair.

1652274629813.png

It should be checked by default.

To be thorough, make sure every person is linked to every other person. So if there's six of you:

A links to B
A links to C
A links to D
A links to E
A links to F
B links to C
B links to D
B links to E
B links to F
C links to D
C links to E
C links to F
D links to E
D links to F
E links to F

Then, within Friends and Family, make sure this box is checked for each linked pair.

View attachment 668419

It should be checked by default.
Thanks! I'll go in and double check, but I think we should be good to go!

Two separate things. All your pictures should show up on everyone's, but that doesn't really matter. Most important is that your dad sees everyone, and he will then be able to download everyone's photos.

Sorry for stupid question, and not a lot of time to search threads, but I bought memory maker for upcoming trip. THere are 3 of us going, and I likely won't be with the 2 girls much, they will be off taking pictures. will the ride photos show up if I'm not there? and same with photo pass photographers? they dont' have their own MDE accounts, we'll all be on mine. Also, they may or may not have magic bands, depends on if we get them after arrival. Thanks for any and all MM tips. First time back in almost a couple years for me

Sorry for stupid question, and not a lot of time to search threads, but I bought memory maker for upcoming trip. THere are 3 of us going, and I likely won't be with the 2 girls much, they will be off taking pictures. will the ride photos show up if I'm not there? and same with photo pass photographers? they dont' have their own MDE accounts, we'll all be on mine. Also, they may or may not have magic bands, depends on if we get them after arrival. Thanks for any and all MM tips. First time back in almost a couple years for me
Since you manage their profiles, their photos will appear in your account. Newer rides don't have photo displays at the end, so it's not possible to manually link those attraction photos. They will need either a MagicBand or smartphone that has MDE loaded on it and MDE has been granted permission to access bluetooth. Since you manage their MDE profile, you could sign in to MDE on one or both of their smartphones. The PhotoPass photographers can scan a physical ticket or give them a PhotoPass card. The PhotoPass card has a code on it which can be used to "claim" the pictures so they appear in your account.

Since you manage their profiles, their photos will appear in your account. Newer rides don't have photo displays at the end, so it's not possible to manually link those attraction photos. They will need either a MagicBand or smartphone that has MDE loaded on it and MDE has been granted permission to access bluetooth. Since you manage their MDE profile, you could sign in to MDE on one or both of their smartphones. The PhotoPass photographers can scan a physical ticket or give them a PhotoPass card. The PhotoPass card has a code on it which can be used to "claim" the pictures so they appear in your account.
Thanks so much!!!

Question re Memory Maker - I just finished my trip. It’s been 3 years since we have been to Disney. I’ve always been able to edit pictures and add borders, stickers, etc. Last trip in 2019 you couldn’t edit the photos on a PC and can only use iOS. This time I see “edit” but no frames or stickers are visible when I click on it. Anyone have any clue what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Question re Memory Maker - I just finished my trip. It’s been 3 years since we have been to Disney. I’ve always been able to edit pictures and add borders, stickers, etc. Last trip in 2019 you couldn’t edit the photos on a PC and can only use iOS. This time I see “edit” but no frames or stickers are visible when I click on it. Anyone have any clue what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
You are not doing anything wrong. Either Disney is going to finally remove editing from the iOS app or it's just broken on their end.

Message photopass and keep trying. That’s what happened after our trip in January and a couple weeks later they finally showed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter