Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I have a question on timing that I hope I can ask here (if not, sorry!). We have a trip December 27-31 and I purchased memory maker. We have another trip February 3-6. It is my understanding that if I don't "activate" memory maker until say the middle of January, I can still get the pictures that were taken the end of December since they won't be expired, but will also be able to get the February pictures then since it will be within 30 days of the activation. Is this correct?

We are headed to Mickeys not so scary halloween party on two separate nights. I am needing to purchase memory maker single day for two separate nights. Can I go ahead and purchase two single day memory makers or do I need to just purchase one, then use it the day of the party, then purchase another one the next day? Going to Disney for these two party nights only two days apart. Just want to make sure that if I buy two single day mm they both do not try to activate when I scan the first time I use photopass. Thank you for any help.

We are headed to Mickeys not so scary halloween party on two separate nights. I am needing to purchase memory maker single day for two separate nights. Can I go ahead and purchase two single day memory makers or do I need to just purchase one, then use it the day of the party, then purchase another one the next day? Going to Disney for these two party nights only two days apart. Just want to make sure that if I buy two single day mm they both do not try to activate when I scan the first time I use photopass. Thank you for any help.
From my understanding when you buy the photopass in advance you can use it for 30 days, at least that is what the chat on Disney's website told me

I just want to verify something about advanced memory maker purchase. I'm planning to go in November, but that may need to change. If I buy MM now, I essentially have a voucher I can use anytime, and once I use it for the first time I have it for 30 days? So if I had to move my trip to early 2023, my MM purchase will be valid to use then since I have never used it?

I just want to verify something about advanced memory maker purchase. I'm planning to go in November, but that may need to change. If I buy MM now, I essentially have a voucher I can use anytime, and once I use it for the first time I have it for 30 days? So if I had to move my trip to early 2023, my MM purchase will be valid to use then since I have never used it?
Correct.

My sister and I are going to Disney with our families--but not together! Only our last day overlaps. We go first and they arrive the day before we leave. She has Memory Maker on her reservation. Can we still share Memory Maker? I know it won't be activated until she arrives, but will my photos be in the account and then available for download once she activates it?

Our accounts are fully linked, and I know only she'll have true access to the photos without the watermark. We can work out all that as long as the photos will actually be there!

I have a question on timing that I hope I can ask here (if not, sorry!). We have a trip December 27-31 and I purchased memory maker. We have another trip February 3-6. It is my understanding that if I don't "activate" memory maker until say the middle of January, I can still get the pictures that were taken the end of December since they won't be expired, but will also be able to get the February pictures then since it will be within 30 days of the activation. Is this correct?
bumping - hoping for clarification :)

Quoting myself with another update. I finally got an email back from PhotoPass today, four weeks after I emailed them. The response said they are experiencing technical difficulties with borders and it should be corrected in a future app update. This is totally different from what the phone CM told me and now my photos have expired anyway. Kind of disappointed.
Quoting myself again :) - I noticed last week that PhotoPass had reinstated my pictures so I got excited that maybe borders and stickers were back, but no. Today I updated the MDE app and tried again and see that when I hit edit only the crop or filter options are there now. My photos expire again in a couple of days so probably time for me to give up.

What are the costs? One picture download vs one day vs full trip?

a day is $69, a trip is $169 if purchased a few days before the trip (at least) or $199 if not pre-purchased. I believe an individual photo download is $15-17 range - I forget as I only ever did that once a year or so ago.

I have some family members going to Disney in December. I am an AP with magic maker. Can I put them on my "friends and family" list and then let them use the magic maker, even though I won't be on the trip?

I have some family members going to Disney in December. I am an AP with magic maker. Can I put them on my "friends and family" list and then let them use the magic maker, even though I won't be on the trip?
You can download (without watermark) any photos for connected Family & Friends even if you are not at WDW with them.

Hi. Apologies if this has been answered- I did try and search for the information.

We had memory maker in 2011 and 2016 when we visited from the UK.
Both times we were able to add stickers/borders etc and create a hardback book/album via the Photopass service.
Is this service no longer available? I will be gutted if so. This was a wonderful keepsake and I enjoyed putting the books/albums together...

Hi. Apologies if this has been answered- I did try and search for the information.

We had memory maker in 2011 and 2016 when we visited from the UK.
Both times we were able to add stickers/borders etc and create a hardback book/album via the Photopass service.
Is this service no longer available? I will be gutted if so. This was a wonderful keepsake and I enjoyed putting the books/albums together...

It was not available for my last trip in August. My photos just expired so I cannot check now to see if it has returned but as of a week or so ago I could not do it. (when it was last available it was only via iphone which I have)

so I have an upcoming trip to Boardwalk Villa in feb 2023. I just purchased the prearrival memory maker. It did not give me an option to link that memory maker to my upcoming trip in february 2023, but when I go to my plans - tickets and memory maker, I can see I purchased it.

Am I good to go since it is showing up on my plans? Do I need to link this memory maker to any specific dates/trips (I never saw the option). thanks

so I have an upcoming trip to Boardwalk Villa in feb 2023. I just purchased the prearrival memory maker. It did not give me an option to link that memory maker to my upcoming trip in february 2023, but when I go to my plans - tickets and memory maker, I can see I purchased it.

Am I good to go since it is showing up on my plans? Do I need to link this memory maker to any specific dates/trips (I never saw the option). thanks
No, you don’t need to link it to a trip. It will automatically activate when you download a photo for the first time, and that’s when the clock starts running for the length of time you can download photos. (IIRC, each photo will stay in your account for 30 days, and you have 45 days from your first download to finish downloading them all. I’ve had an AP for so many years though that I’m not certain of those two numbers.)

No, you don’t need to link it to a trip. It will automatically activate when you download a photo for the first time, and that’s when the clock starts running for the length of time you can download photos. (IIRC, each photo will stay in your account for 30 days, and you have 45 days from your first download to finish downloading them all. I’ve had an AP for so many years though that I’m not certain of those two numbers.)
So I just need to scan my magic band with the photographer and we are good to go, correct?

I let my AP expire last March and I miss getting the photos. For our trip in December I was thinking of adding MM to my stay. On the app I only see it for $199? We are staying at POR, is there a way to add it for the price of $169?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter