• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Shops are open before 9. We were held at the Hub till 9 on Friday so DD and I went through the shops after grabbing coffee for DW.

Rope drop at HS the past two days has been two different scenarios. Yesterday, we were held at the gates until 8:30 and then let through. We went to Galaxy’s Edge and walked on MFSR twice. This morning, we were let in at 8:00 and held at arch near Brown Derby till 8:30 and then walked back to Toy Story Land. Rode Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, and Midway Mania before 9. It was a dream morning both times.

Yes. Shops are open before 9. We were held at the Hub till 9 on Friday so DD and I went through the shops after grabbing coffee for DW.

Rope drop at HS the past two days has been two different scenarios. Yesterday, we were held at the gates until 8:30 and then let through. We went to Galaxy’s Edge and walked on MFSR twice. This morning, we were let in at 8:00 and held at arch near Brown Derby till 8:30 and then walked back to Toy Story Land. Rode Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, and Midway Mania before 9. It was a dream morning both times.
Thanks so much for letting us know. Looks like things are still changing depending on expected crowds so we’ll leave Post 1 as is for now.

I can report that HS was also two different experiences for us this week too. As mdmost said on Sunday we were let into the park at 8 and held in the four locations until 8:30. This morning, we were held at the gates until 8:30 and then allowed to the open rides.

I talked to a cast member at the arch that leads to Toy Story Land about the differences on Sunday. He said it's definitely due to forecasting of whether the park will be busy that morning. For a low forecast, they'll hold at the front entrances. For days that may be forecasted to be busier, they'll hold at the arch or GE bridge.

I've read that starting Oct 1 all of the parks will open 30 minutes early, but historically the parks have always opened before official opening. Is this still the case or are they sticking to the official opening time these days?

They open early, but have traditional rope drop until Oct 1. So you can get onto Main Street and shop or line up at the ropes, but no early rides.

I've read that starting Oct 1 all of the parks will open 30 minutes early, but historically the parks have always opened before official opening. Is this still the case or are they sticking to the official opening time these days?

They haven't said whether people will still be allowed beyound the gates yet. Onsite guests get the 30 minutes extra opening so offsite guests may be either out beyond the gates until actual opening or you will have to scan your MB to get on rides.

Your question has been merged with the 'Everything Rope Drop' thread. Post 1 has all the current park opening information for each park.

Since they are going to be “pausing” the Virtual Queue for RotR on 9/23, I shudder to think about the stampede at rope drop to that ride. Otherwise, the lines for it are going to rival those of FoP.

Since they are going to be “pausing” the Virtual Queue for RotR on 9/23, I shudder to think about the stampede at rope drop to that ride. Otherwise, the lines for it are going to rival those of FoP.
Considering how extensive the physical line for ROTR is I believe this was kinda always the plan, it’s definitely designed to a couple hour lines.

I’m kinda excited for it as I’m hoping that eases pressure on other rope drop rides at the park.

Considering how extensive the physical line for ROTR is I believe this was kinda always the plan, it’s definitely designed to a couple hour lines.

I’m kinda excited for it as I’m hoping that eases pressure on other rope drop rides at the park.
I believe so as well. I would guess RotR maintains a 2 hr wait time while most other rides stay at 45 minutes or less most of the day, but it'll be like Disneyland California Adventure where the main rush is to cars and few other rides have much traffic early on. Should definitely be way easier to get on other rides early in the day

For those who will be there Sep 23rd or later, we would be happy if you could please share your DHS rope drop experiences here as this one is sure to be a game changer!

Things we're looking for:
- what time did you arrive at transportation?
- what time did transportation start?
- where were you held once you arrived at the park?
- what time did they start letting guests into the park?
- anything else you feel would be helpful for other guests to know.

Thanks so much!

With the early opening (now - not Oct 1) are the wheelchair rentals also open early?
My sister in law needs a wheelchair and I asked my husband to have a rental company drop one off but he wants to wait until we get to the park.

With the early opening (now - not Oct 1) are the wheelchair rentals also open early?
My sister in law needs a wheelchair and I asked my husband to have a rental company drop one off but he wants to wait until we get to the park.
Yes, they will be open when the parks open.

Left All Star Music at 8am, arrived by car to Hollywood about 8:10am, through security and turnstiles around 8:20am, held at Indiana Jones until welcome announcement at 8:30am. Walked constantly until reached Millennium Falcon around 8:40am.

So for those of us staying off property is there a 2nd "Rope Drop" per se? For our upcoming trip our 1st park day is Epcot, and I see now that opening is moved up to 9AM. Any guess as when we can actually get in as off site guests?

So for those of us staying off property is there a 2nd "Rope Drop" per se? For our upcoming trip our 1st park day is Epcot, and I see now that opening is moved up to 9AM. Any guess as when we can actually get in as off site guests?
If it's like years past when early entry was offered for resort guests. one set of tap stations allowed resort guests to enter and non-resort guests were held at another set until official park opening time.

With a 9AM park opening I would anticipate being held at the tap station until 9AM.

Anyone coming
If it's like years past when early entry was offered for resort guests. one set of tap stations allowed resort guests to enter and non-resort guests were held at another set until official park opening time.

With a 9AM park opening I would anticipate being held at the tap station until 9AM.
I think this is likely going to be the case as well.

For those going before Early Entry starts in October, I believe rope drop is still totally worth it for what's left of September! We missed MK rope drop on Saturday and, while getting in shortly after 9 a.m. was fine for our goals, we would have totally had an advantage had we gotten there as early as we normally would have. I rope dropped DHS on Friday and definitely helped me get through everything I wanted, esp considering it was a quick weekend trip and I was splitting the day with Epcot. The only things I didn't do were RnR, Aliens, Walt Disney Presents, the Mickey short, Muppets, and Lightning McQueen. These were all by choice.

Arriving at 9 at MK is far less stressful though :rotfl2: . This was probably the first time I didn't rope drop a park and it was a different experience for sure!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter