• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the rope drop strategy changed for offsite guests now? Is it basically pointless? Kind of how it seems
It seems it would be less beneficial now. I would recommend watching the MDE app to see how lines build in the first 30 mins to get an idea how beneficial it is to arrive at rope drop for non-resort guests.

Looking for bus info from resort people here right now.

I realize that today is only the second day of early entry.

Tomorrow is my MK day. ...9am opening........8:30 for resort guests....the TV says busses run an hour before opening.

That seems to mean that the first bus runs at 7:30.

Is this what you experienced?

If I show up at 7:15 is that a pretty good plan?

Thanks!

Looking for bus info from resort people here right now.

I realize that today is only the second day of early entry.

Tomorrow is my MK day. ...9am opening........8:30 for resort guests....the TV says busses run an hour before opening.

That seems to mean that the first bus runs at 7:30.

Is this what you experienced?

If I show up at 7:15 is that a pretty good plan?

Thanks!
Traditionally it is recommended you arrive at your bus stop 90 mins before park opening if you want to be at the front of the crowds for rope drop. I would recommend being at your resort bus stop at 7AM tomorrow. My 7:15 you may incur lengthy lines. The buses may not be running until 7:30ish but, you should be on one of the first buses with a 7AM arrival at your stop.

Traditionally it is recommended you arrive at your bus stop 90 mins before park opening if you want to be at the front of the crowds for rope drop. I would recommend being at your resort bus stop at 7AM tomorrow. My 7:15 you may incur lengthy lines. The buses may not be running until 7:30ish but, you should be on one of the first buses with a 7AM arrival at your stop.
All good info. Hopefully we'll see how things are running as early entry starts at all parks. Our trip starts this Saturday. I usually use personal car to rope drop, but since no early breakfast reservations at theme parks the toll booths are not necessarily opening early. I am still not sure if I'm going to use Disney transport or risk arriving too early in car and getting turned away at toll booth.

All good info. Hopefully we'll see how things are running as early entry starts at all parks. Our trip starts this Saturday. I usually use personal car to rope drop, but since no early breakfast reservations at theme parks the toll booths are not necessarily opening early. I am still not sure if I'm going to use Disney transport or risk arriving too early in car and getting turned away at toll booth.
Are you following the Here Now and Just Back thread? It’s a great place to learn what is happening and ask questions of those either there or just returned.

Im here on-site and doing MK tomorrow. If on site gets in 30 mins early, are they still doing the song and dance on the train platform? OR is there no more celebration?

Im here on-site and doing MK tomorrow. If on site gets in 30 mins early, are they still doing the song and dance on the train platform? OR is there no more celebration?
Unfortunately they retired the opening show at the train station a few years back. I loved it and it made me tear up every single time!

It was replaced by a show in front of the castle but I don’t believe that has been reintroduced either since the parks reopened.

Unfortunately they retired the opening show at the train station a few years back. I loved it and it made me tear up every single time!

It was replaced by a show in front of the castle but I don’t believe that has been reintroduced either since the parks reopened.
Thank you! I couldnt find that info anywhere.

Actually, it was announced last week that it returns on Friday October 1st!

Screenshot_20210928-064932.png

Guess it doesn't help @WildGrits, but good info for those going in October.

Actually, it was announced last week that it returns on Friday October 1st!

View attachment 608130

Guess it doesn't help @WildGrits, but good info for those going in October.
I believe that is a different show as OP was asking about the train show that was at opening. The link above is for 7:55 PM so an evening show. I don't believe it's what they were asking about.

I see that the wording is confusing as it says it's a welcome show yet shows PM hours so truly not sure what it means!
I guess if it's a morning show, it sounds like it for non-resort guests as it happens at 7:55 which is just before posted park opening hours and after early entry for resort guests.

I believe that is a different show as OP was asking about the train show that was at opening. The link above is for 7:55 PM so an evening show. I don't believe it's what they were asking about.

There was discussion that the 7:30 p.m. was a typo by Disney. If you read the description it says: "Join the opening ceremonies. . .". Tends to make one believe it is along the lines of the more recent Castle opening just prior to park opening.

Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft drivers will be able to get to their drop off areas for Resort Guest Early Entry? We’ve only used the Minnie Vans in the past and know that they had better access and drop off locations than regular ride share vehicles. I don’t want to order a ride and then get stuck at the parking entrance because they cant get in lol.

There was discussion that the 7:30 p.m. was a typo by Disney. If you read the description it says: "Join the opening ceremonies. . .". Tends to make one believe it is along the lines of the more recent Castle opening just prior to park opening.

Yes, the morning castle show (it's called Let the Magic Begin) is returning this week and the times are messed up on the web site, labeled as PM instead of AM.

The castle show happens five minutes before official opening, so it's after the new 30-minute early entry for resort guests. This is how it worked with the old Extra Magic Hour -- if you had a day with morning EMH, you got into the rides before the opening show.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft drivers will be able to get to their drop off areas for Resort Guest Early Entry? We’ve only used the Minnie Vans in the past and know that they had better access and drop off locations than regular ride share vehicles. I don’t want to order a ride and then get stuck at the parking entrance because they cant get in lol.
Uber and Lyft drivers cannot drop guests off at a resort without guests are going to an ADR. Proof of their reservation is also required.

If you use Uber/Lyft going to the MK you will be dropped off at the TTC.

Uber and Lyft drivers cannot drop guests off at a resort without guests are going to an ADR. Proof of their reservation is also required.

If you use Uber/Lyft going to the MK you will be dropped off at the TTC.

Sorry, I should have specified. We are staying at the Contemporary and were thinking of using Lyft to get to Animal Kingdom for Early Entry. I am just wondering if this would be faster than the Disney bus.

Sorry, I should have specified. We are staying at the Contemporary and were thinking of using Lyft to get to Animal Kingdom for Early Entry. I am just wondering if this would be faster than the Disney bus.
Thanks for clarifying. Personally, I'm not sure where Uber/Lyft drop off at AK. You may wish to ask this question on the Transportation board.

Reporting back-- MK had 9am opening......8:30 for resort guests...

I believe I got on the very first bus of the morning at AKL.

It arrived at 650am and pulled out at 653am.

I was the only person on it and was the second person at the MK security checkpoint.

My AKL bus ride allowed me to be standing there at 7:10am (we had to stop by Jambo before we made the long drive to MK)

We passed through security at about 745am.

Only waited at the tapstile for a few minutes....then into the park.

Reporting back-- MK had 9am opening......8:30 for resort guests...

I believe I got on the very first bus of the morning at AKL.

It arrived at 650am and pulled out at 653am.

I was the only person on it and was the second person at the MK security checkpoint.

My AKL bus ride allowed me to be standing there at 7:10am (we had to stop by Jambo before we made the long drive to MK)

We passed through security at about 745am.

Only waited at the tapstile for a few minutes....then into the park.
Thanks for all the great info! We will use your information to update post 1 now that resort guests have early entry.

Thanks for all the great info! We will use your information to update post 1 now that resort guests have early entry.
i do want to mention that I talked to the Bus "overseer" CM at AKL the morning before my report and they said at the meeting (on Monday the 27th) that they were running buses this week and next week 90 minutes early instead of the usual 60 (as posted on the resort TV repeating screens in the room).

Clearly I got to the bus stop about 100 minutes early and was very quickly picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter