Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

While what you’re saying would be great, you are also the only person who has reported successfully arriving outside your window and being allowed to ride.

I completely agree that kindness is important but also understand that that may not work as we have many reports of guests being turned away when they missed their return time and just one report of an exception being made for them.

May I ask if you had an ADR during your return window and were asked to provide proof or, did you just ask and were allowed to ride? How late were you?
Well it was on Wednesday last week. The only thing special is that I have a DAS. We converted our VQ to that which put us in the lightning lane. Cast members never said a word about being outside our time. I think our group was called around 9:30 and we showed up at noon. It was three of us. Honestly I didn't know they were being strict about it until somebody said something on this forum.

But I talked to customers last night and they said they were being strict. I don't know maybe they give more leeway for the disabled. It is harder for us to get going and be somewhere on time. Lots of complications along the way. I know there's no way in heck I'm going to be there at 8:30 in the morning anywhere! I'm lucky if I can get out of bed that early. Let alone take my shower and get dressed. And then I have to arrange transportation. It's just plain harder for me.

But Tron was the first thing I did when I got to the park. I didn't hold it all day and expect to ride at night. I think that's their biggest concern. Everybody waiting until the last minute so that they can ride at night.

Well it was on Wednesday last week. The only thing special is that I have a DAS. We converted our VQ to that which put us in the lightning lane. Cast members never said a word about being outside our time. I think our group was called around 9:30 and we showed up at noon. It was three of us. Honestly I didn't know they were being strict about it until somebody said something on this forum.

But I talked to customers last night and they said they were being strict. I don't know maybe they give more leeway for the disabled. It is harder for us to get going and be somewhere on time. Lots of complications along the way. I know there's no way in heck I'm going to be there at 8:30 in the morning anywhere! I'm lucky if I can get out of bed that early. Let alone take my shower and get dressed. And then I have to arrange transportation. It's just plain harder for me.

But Tron was the first thing I did when I got to the park. I didn't hold it all day and expect to ride at night. I think that's their biggest concern. Everybody waiting until the last minute so that they can ride at night.
Glad you were able to ride and then should give extra leeway to the disabled. Unfortunately they didn’t do that with my party. My mom has a broken foot (has a walking boot on) and is recovering from a broken knee (wears a large knee brace) and they didn’t let us on, even though we were 2 hrs from our window (same as you we went straight there).

Thank you for providing context. DAS may be handled differently than regular VQ.

Glad you were able to ride and then should give extra leeway to the disabled. Unfortunately they didn’t do that with my party. My mom has a broken foot (has a walking boot on) and is recovering from a broken knee (wears a large knee brace) and they didn’t let us on, even though we were 2 hrs from our window (same as you we went straight there).
What you've shared is what we're hearing consistently in that VQ return times are being strictly enforced.

DAS may be handled differently than regular VQ.
What we're hearing on the disABILITIES Forum is strict adherence even with a DAS. It's only been a week...we'll see how it all plays out in coming weeks. But at this time we're advising DAS holders to arrive within the window and not expect an extension for late arrival.

What we're hearing on the disABILITIES Forum is strict adherence even with a DAS. It's only been a week...we'll see how it all plays out in coming weeks. But at this time we're advising DAS holders to arrive within the window and not expect an extension for late arrival.
I put in bold they are strictly adhering to time on the first and second posts. I’ll go back and edit it to include DAS.

Question: if I want both a GOTG VQ and Tron ILL on the same day, what’s my best plan for success? I’m thinking GOTG VQ first? I can use 2 devices, but am still only one person, so can’t really do both simultaneously, and one device will be stuck with WDW WiFI…

Question: if I want both a GOTG VQ and Tron ILL on the same day, what’s my best plan for success? I’m thinking GOTG VQ first? I can use 2 devices, but am still only one person, so can’t really do both simultaneously, and one device will be stuck with WDW WiFI…
Yes. Trying for GotG VQ first and then purchasing ILL$ for TRON is the correct order.

Anyone who wants to be eligible for a 1PM VQ selection must have scanned into that park (EP or MK, depending which VQ you're looking at) earlier in the day. You don't have to physically be in the park, just scanned in via your park ticket. If you're party is scanned, they're all eligible at 1PM.

I'm not sure if it will still be the case when you go but I've read that TRON ILL is usually bought up by Resort Guests before they become accessible to general public. Some mornings during the soft open have lasted longer than others (anywhere between 7 to 9am) but I'd still veer on the side of caution and expect that staying on-property is the only sure-fire way to get one at the moment.

I was talking to the cast members last night about it. They didn't have an idea why I got on either. Maybe it was before they were being so strict. I don't know. I think it had something to do with my DAS. When I showed up I just went over to convert it and they were probably so absorbed with that they didn't even notice that I was that far out of my time.

Yesterday I had both a VQ and a paid lightning Lane. My VQ was called during my lunch and there was no way I was going to be able to get there. In fact I arrived at the park when there was only 12 minutes left. So I didn't even try. But I had a lightning Lane scheduled for later that afternoon in a time that I knew worked for me. I redeemed that instead.

It's a fun ride. Definitely I will convert my VQ to a lightning next time I go, because the only problem is there is absolutely no shade and the standby cue for virtual. They got these really chintzy plastic umbrellas when it were first going to open the ride. And they're baking in the Florida Sun. Cast members told me they already broke three of them. Supposedly they're ordering new ones but until then, everybody standing outside and that heat is going to melt.

It's only a few more days until it's open for everyone until park closing. I expect they'll be a lot more lenient after that. The only problem is if people have a morning return and they try to come in the last 2 hours of the park cuz I want to see it at night. That's going to be an issue. I can see them blocking people from coming back after 7:00.

And I can also see a big market for the evening lightning Lanes. Or the afternoon virtual cues. In fact I think the 1:00 p.m. q is going to be even busier than the 7:00 a.m.

A recent experience with VQ and return times from Monday, March 27: we pulled group 11 which ended up being called at 8:46 with a by time of 9:46. One of our party was a chaperone for a band group marching that afternoon, and was coming to MK via off-site transportation and ferry to MK. So, as expected, they were late. I spoke to three cast members to determine what was my best plan of action. The first recommended I use my DAS to extend the window by what I believe would have been an hour. Speaking with the CM with the DAS-iPad at the entry, I learned that there is a grace period of one hour after your by time, so ours was 10:46. He specifically said at 10:47 it will flash blue and you won’t be let in. I ended up not being able to add DAS because our remaining party member still hasn’t tapped in at this point, so not sure how that would have affected the grace period.

We ended up getting in line for Tron about 10:10, after our by time but before our grace period ended. However, the line outside of the tap point was extremely long and in the blazing sun. We didn’t tap in until just after 11, but was enough after our grace period ending at 10:46. The CM turned our taps from blue to green without hesitation or discussion.

I say this because of two things: the entry tap point can be far away from where the line begins, and CMs at the tap point will ultimately have final say. Try to be on time, understand there is a brief grace window, but also don’t stress if the line at entry is extremely long (but maybe talk to a CM or two to verify you can still make it on).

At the end of the day, it seems way easier to pay for this than worry about VQ based on their return time rules for Tron.

Just confirming that as of this time GotG boarding groups are still allowing leeway if you arrive later than your group is called? I did not see anything different noted in the 1st post. It's only Tron that is strictly holding to the times.

Is there a post anywhere tracking when Tron boarding groups were called on previous days? DD has to leave the park with her school at 8:30pm. Right now her boarding group is 107 with an estimated return time of 7:20pm. She is just wondering how likely that is.

(As an aside, does anyone know why all the posts are in bold?)

Our first MK day will have EEH, the day we switch from YC to Poly for the rest of our split stay, and originally we planned to spend the morning at MK then go back in the evening. But now we decided to spend time at the resort until our room is ready. Would we be fine to try for the 6pm VQ as long as we still have park reservations for MK that day, despite not tapping in that morning?

Is there a post anywhere tracking when Tron boarding groups were called on previous days? DD has to leave the park with her school at 8:30pm. Right now her boarding group is 107 with an estimated return time of 7:20pm. She is just wondering how likely that is.

Software update, most likely.

I would recommend checking Thrill Data but boarding groups change daily.

They are up to group 89 at 5:00 so hopefully that will help with calculations. They appear to be calling around 10 groups per hour today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter