Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Thank you both! I’ve gotta get up for VQ in less than 5 hours and really hoping to get another couple hours of sleep after the 7:00-7:05 adrenaline rush.
For any people curious, we went to Epcot yesterday, got a VQ number of about 35, when we checked the app at 9:50AM at Poly there was like 20m left on our return window, we did not get there until about 45m after the VQ return ended and they did not even ask us any questions, the taps turned green and we got in (less than a 30m wait to the show rooms too!)

For any people curious, we went to Epcot yesterday, got a VQ number of about 35, when we checked the app at 9:50AM at Poly there was like 20m left on our return window, we did not get there until about 45m after the VQ return ended and they did not even ask us any questions, the taps turned green and we got in (less than a 30m wait to the show rooms too!)
One time I tapped at Guardians just under an hour after my VQ window ended and it turned green. Another trip I was just over an hour late to Guardians VQ and it turned blue but they let me in anyway.

Thanks for confirming the Guardians VQ return times are still not being enforced.

Disney has added language regarding late arrivals for boarding groups for Tron to the site:

“Request to Join the Virtual Queue 
A virtual queue is in place for TRON Lightcycle / Run. Guests will need to use the My Disney Experience app to enter this attraction. A standby queue will not be available. Each Guest can request to enter this virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours.

Boarding groups for a virtual queue are limited, subject to availability, and are not guaranteed. Not all boarding groups may be called to return, based on availability of the experience. Late arrivals may not be accommodated. View important information about the virtual queue.

Guests may purchase individual Lightning Lane entry for this attraction when it opens. Lightning Lane entry purchases are limited in availability, are subject to change or closure, may vary by date, and are not guaranteed.”

Disney has added language regarding late arrivals for boarding groups for Tron to the site:

A virtual queue is in place for TRON Lightcycle / Run. Guests will need to use the My Disney Experience app to enter this attraction. A standby queue will not be available. Each Guest can request to enter this virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours.

Boarding groups for a virtual queue are limited, subject to availability, and are not guaranteed. Not all boarding groups may be called to return, based on availability of the experience. Late arrivals may not be accommodated. View important information about the virtual queue.

Guests may purchase individual Lightning Lane entry for this attraction when it opens. Lightning Lane entry purchases are limited in availability, are subject to change or closure, may vary by date, and are not guaranteed.”
Thank you will update the 2nd post.

Nice and vague. We might. But we might not.

Most likely trying to put a positive spin to will not.
Most likely. The vagueness leads to is more disappointment IMO with the hope that they'll be an exception. If the answer 99.99999% of the time will be "will not" then that would be better for them to state "will not" that so people know exactly what the boundary will be. Well, at least people that read the fine print.

I understand that they're big concern is people will wait until the evening hours to redeem their VQ for Tron. Something that they couldn't test during the soft opening because they weren't open in the evening hours. I find that very outrageous.

When I spoke with cast members last Tuesday they said the number one complaint they're getting is the strictness of the VQ windows. I think Disney is going to have to budge on this one because it's bad customer service. What it's telling people is that the only way they can guarantee a ride on Tron is if they pay for an individual lightning Lane. At least with that you have a schedule that you control.

Last Tuesday I got a VQ at 7:00 a.m. with an estimated call back time of 2:00 p.m. So I went back to sleep then got up and ready for a park arrival at noon. I had lunch scheduled at 12:30 p.m. it wasn't until I got into the park and looked at my phone that I realized the boarding group had actually been called at 11:00 a.m. So I missed my window.

Now I had a suspicion this would happen due to post online so I also purchased a lightning Lane at 4:00 p.m. I knew that time would work for me. But I resent having to do that just to guarantee a ride.

I think the best way to be fair to guests and to avoid a crush of evening attendees would be to have a separate drop of VQ just for evening hours. Say 4:00 p.m. then allow the morning people to ride whenever they can. We saw from the soft opening that all morning VQs were called by 6:00 p.m.

It would seem to me that WDW needs to adjust their estimated call back times. Any reports I've read show those as grossly overstated (considerably later). If that estimate was more accurate, people would be able to plan better. In fact, since they are enforcing the window, it's probably better to understate that estimate (estimate earlier) than the current situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter