Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

do I have to have a boarding group for GOTG or is there a standby line option? I believe boarding groups have to be done at 7am is that also correct or am confusing that with a virtual queue?

do I have to have a boarding group for GOTG or is there a standby line option? I believe boarding groups have to be done at 7am is that also correct or am confusing that with a virtual queue?
Virtual Queue information is shared in detail in this thread. Post 1 for GotG and post 2 for Tron.

Do we know if Rider Switch is offered? I know everyone riding needs to have a VQ but wondering if the waiting parent has to go alone and what if the ride breaks down when the first party is in queue (at ROTR for a LLI$ they issued an anytime pass at 8 pm and that changed automatically to a multi experience pass after park close because no one got to ride it; I had to talk to a CM to switch it to Epcot because we exited the park after Fantasmic).

Sorry, I've tried to keep up with this thread but I've seen differing reports online about one thing. Do you have to have tapped into your first park of the day (with park hoppers) in order to be eligible for the 6PM EEH Tron or Guardians VQ? I've seen people say that even with park hoppers, if they tapped in for their first park of the day, they were still ineligible for the EEH VQs because they were supposed to have tapped into the park hosting the EEH. So, do you have to have tapped into either MK or EP in order to be eligible for the 6PM EEH Tron or Guardians VQ? Lastly, if neither of those things is true, can you attempt the 6PM EEH VQ without having tapped into ANY park for the day?

Thank you for any responses. I thought it might be nice to just roll up to a park for the EEH and take the morning/afternoon off, but then I read people said you must have tapped into a park (any park with park hopper). Then I started reading that actually, you have to have tapped into the EEH park before 6PM. I was just hoping for some more recent experiences.
Wouldn’t it be easier to just change your park pass reservations to Magic Kingdom for that day. Then you don’t need to tap in to a different park or even Mk for the 6 pm (I believe; someone correct me if I’m wrong).

Do we know if Rider Switch is offered? I know everyone riding needs to have a VQ but wondering if the waiting parent has to go alone and what if the ride breaks down when the first party is in queue (at ROTR for a LLI$ they issued an anytime pass at 8 pm and that changed automatically to a multi experience pass after park close because no one got to ride it; I had to talk to a CM to switch it to Epcot because we exited the park after Fantasmic).
I just wanted to confirm that we were able to get rider switch for VQ and for ILL. Very easy and they had several cast members set up doing this. If the ride breaks down while the first party is in the que, in our case, the first party was given the option to wait or leave with no compensation (this was VQ, not ILL), but I was able to talk to guest services and they were able to give them a new boarding group (I told them to leave eventually because we had an ADR--the cast member did verify the time of the breakdown and the time of our ADR before giving the new boarding group). Originally our rider switch remained, but when the cast member reissued the boarding group they told us we would need to re-setup the rider switch, which we did.

I just wanted to confirm that we were able to get rider switch for VQ and for ILL. Very easy and they had several cast members set up doing this. If the ride breaks down while the first party is in the que, in our case, the first party was given the option to wait or leave with no compensation (this was VQ, not ILL), but I was able to talk to guest services and they were able to give them a new boarding group (I told them to leave eventually because we had an ADR--the cast member did verify the time of the breakdown and the time of our ADR before giving the new boarding group). Originally our rider switch remained, but when the cast member reissued the boarding group they told us we would need to re-setup the rider switch, which we did.
That’s great that they issued another BG when the ride broke down.

At HS they are a bit more antsy about return times with RS (valid through end of day). SDD gave us a hard time as it had been over an hour when the first group rode (MMRR was down all morning and our DD3 was sitting in the stroller for a long time, so we ran when it restarted but it took a while to get through the LL). They gave us the annoyed stare and let us through.

There was an inexperienced CM at MMRR who tried to use our SDD RS for MMRR (turned blue despite having an anytime pass). Then her supervisor wouldn’t believe us but eventually corrected the mistake. Definitely take screenshots and check entitlements as they wanted us to show proof we had booked a LL for MMRR for all of us.

That’s great that they issued another BG when the ride broke down.
I just want to be clear so I don't get anyone's hopes up--they did not do this automatically--I had to ask, and I wouldn't assume I would have gotten the same treatment if I had happened to talk to a different cast member. They definitely wouldn't have done it if we hadn't had the ADR conflict as the cast member called someone and verified the ride's down time and matched it to our ADR.

I just want to be clear so I don't get anyone's hopes up--they did not do this automatically--I had to ask, and I wouldn't assume I would have gotten the same treatment if I had happened to talk to a different cast member. They definitely wouldn't have done it if we hadn't had the ADR conflict as the cast member called someone and verified the ride's down time and matched it to our ADR.
Yes. Tron has very strict return time requirements vs GOtG

I just wanted to caution others about RS return times as well (esp at HS). VQ is not a guarantee to ride (it’s like standby vs LlI$)

Can I just double check that someone’s got experience of removing EVERYONE from the boarding group and then trying again at 1pm? We’re coming across from Universal on our first MK day and won’t be in the park for opening. Ideally we’d like to ride before lunch (and so would want to get a boarding group at 7am) but if it looks like our boarding group is likely to be called before we get there, then being able to “cancel” it and try again at 1pm would be great!
I would really appreciate anyone sharing recent experience with this as well. We'll be going to MK on our first day after driving in, so would be nice to know if we could try the 7am drop - cancel it if looks like we wont make it on time, and then try again at 1pm once we've tapped into the park.

I would really appreciate anyone sharing recent experience with this as well. We'll be going to MK on our first day after driving in, so would be nice to know if we could try the 7am drop - cancel it if looks like we wont make it on time, and then try again at 1pm once we've tapped into the park.

Not quite the same scenario, but 2 people in my group didn't enter the VQ at all for our 7am boarding group and they were able to book a new reservation at 1. I'm not even sure they had to cancel the original one.

Just wanted to post my experience from this past weekend (well, my kid’s, since I was at home). He was there with a bunch of kids in our music department and I got 7 of them a boarding pass for GOTG on Friday. Two of the kids hadn’t linked their tickets to the app, so even though they were in my friends and family group, I couldn’t get them in the BG. A cast member was willing to add them, however.
I whiffed it for Tron at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday. It occurred to me that I could possibly get them a boarding group at 1, even though I was at home in Pennsylvania. I suppose I assumed that since it was my account, I had to also be in the park. But I was able to confirm all of the kids in the group (9 of them at that point), practically sat on my router (which Speedtest clocked at 392 mbps), and successfully got a BG for them. Surprisingly, they were able to add three other kids to the group who were in my son’s friends and family list and not mine. Maybe because these kids are generally very sweet and respectful, the CM took pity? I was surprised but very happy for them. And maybe it helped that they were adding three to a group of 9, versus 9 to a group of three. Either way, I was grateful I got them the BG. We’ve gone to Disney a lot, but for some of these kids, it would their first and possibly only opportunity.

Do they still let you on Guardians after your boarding group window is over? Somehow got group 1 and won't be close to making it

Does anyone know how quickly the VQ at Tron is going for the 7 AM drop? I.e. if I try to get it at 7:01 is it too late?

Do they still let you on Guardians after your boarding group window is over? Somehow got group 1 and won't be close to making it

Yes, Guardians is still allowing guests to enter the queue after their BG window has elapsed.

TRON return windows are strictly enforced. Late arrivals will normally be turned away.

So I got a boarding group at the 7am drop the first day for all 5 of my family. Since my youngest was too short she never scanned in her band to enter the VQ. At the 1pm drop she was eligible without me having to do anything. I don't think you need to "cancel." Just don't scan in.

Can someone tell me if I have this right? We are staying at a Deluxe. I have a hopper ticket and a park reservation at AK. I have two shots at GG: First at 2pm even if I’m still in AK. Second at 6pm. Same is true for Tron.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter