Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

Today’s the day!
Finally!

:laughing: And here I'm just finishing up your last TR and you say "Finally".

Katie’s delirium status: Lost the freakin’ plot

:lmao:

I’m not an infant, I swear. I just had more important things to do.

I’M GOING TO DISNEY!

There are some things in life that simply take precedent.

I was so happy.
All of my stress was instantly gone.
It’s time to celebrate!

Nice!

My alarm went off at 6:30am on Sunday morning.

Only on vacation travel day can you say this and smile.

The plan today was to drive down to Dover, hop on a ferry across the channel

Stop. Question.
Do they still have the hovercrafts that go across?
We took one when we visited when I was a kid.

The drive was pretty uneventful. I pretty much slept the entire way.

Typical. Father drives. Daughter naps.

I have experience with this.

We stopped at a service station for a cup of tea, because you know, we’re British.

Totally get that.

vWdb4o.gif

It's funny when the second model wipes out.

"High heels and super waxed floors... what could go wrong??"

Thankfully it wasn’t as bad this time around, and I was able to sleep on the huge, comfy bed-sofas the entire time.

Sleep? It's only an hour! You slept???

I had two mini bottles of Chardonnay, which didn’t mix well with my tiredness. I felt quite merry.

:laughing:

We somehow got onto the topic of THE DRESS.
Yes, THAT dress.
Dad and I are on team white and gold.
Hannah and James are on team blue and black.

Have you seen the latest picture of it?
A woman is wearing it and standing by a window.
About 2/3 of the dress is in direct sunlight, the rest indirect light.
And it's like she's wearing two differently coloured dresses.

(This is my brother James by the way!)

Hi James! :wave:

Beautiful!

Plus, you can totally picture Belle strutting through Arras.

::yes::

I'm so excited to read your new trip report and LOVE seeing all of the DLP pics! I would love to go there someday and that Disney Dreams show looks amazing! Can't wait to read more!

Disneyland Paris looks great. I'm with you about the castle, perfect mix of whimsical and beautiful. One thing that surprised me was the amount of English in your videos. Is there not a language issue at DLP?

I love DLP! I much prefer it to Alton Towers, can't say about Thorpe Park as I haven't been but give me DLP any day! I went back in 2013 when it was the 20th Anniversary, it was beautiful then. I can only imagine what it is like now. Last time, Thunder Mountain was under refurb and POTC kept breaking down! Me and Luke hated SM:M2 because it broke just as we were about to get on, needless to say we were so scared the whole way through! I've always wanted to stay at Disneyland Hotel, I think it is one of those hotels that you have to stay at in your lifetime as you have to walk under it and can't avoid it at all!

I can't wait to read more and then onto WDW!:earboy2:

So nice to get a trip report with DLP in it! I went once 16 years ago for a day.... I really would love to go back I would love to go back to Paris and all of Europe... In a few years for sure!

YAAYY!!! I've been waiting for your new TR to start!
That little square in Arras does kinda remind me of St. Marks Square in Italy. It looks beautiful there.

Idk if I'll ever get that chance to go to DLP or any of the Disney parks in Asia, but they're definitely on my wish list. You guys seem to get some decent deals to come over to WDW, I wonder if Americans get any special deals to visit any of the parks in Europe/Asia? :confused3 Something I'll have to research!!

I love Sleeping Beauty's castle. Idk if its the colors or what, but it seems more detailed to me. And I love pink!

Disney dreams seems amazing, I can only imagine how much better it is in person!

Welp, I'm here to stay. Can't wait to read about the rest of your DLP trip and once you get to WDW!

party:Yea!!! OhMyGosh I'm so excited for this TR! I absolutely love seeing your DLP pictures and hearing about that part of your trip, it looks amazing. I've been super close to DLP twice and have still never been :sad2: there is something seriously wrong with me. The Disneyland Hotel there looks incredible! :worship:

I'm going to be the super creepy stalker on your TR now, just so you know. :bitelip: You've only just begun and I adore it already!

YAY! Loved your last TR and so excited to hear about your visit this time. We are visiting a hair later than you, over Columbus Day (shhhh, kids won't know until we wake them up to go!), hitting F&W and MNSSHP and I've just put in to rent DVC points for a Poly stay.

I've spent the last 36 or so hours reading your first trip report & starting this one. I'm subscribed now, & can not WAIT to follow along!

Oh my goodness! I am super excited to hear about DLP and your WDW adventure!

Such a beautiful resort!

Jamie was already planning our next trip THE DAY we got home…
I’ve created a monster!!!

"One of us, one of us!" HAHA!

I finished up packing and downloaded some fresh Disney parks music to my iPod.

Where do you usually download your Disney tunes from?

I love little french towns that are away from all the tourists.
I like to see how real french people live!
Plus, you can totally picture Belle strutting through Arras

I have always wanted to go to France!

Ohhh myyy goshhhh.
It’s Sleeping Beauty castle – take 2

Main St. Looks so cute at DLP!

You board the train, and it takes you through an UNDERWATER TUNNEL to get to the mountain.

That sounds super fun!

We found ourselves INSIDE Skull Rock!
As in, the one from Peter Pan, where Captain Hook and Mr. Smee take Tiger Lily

I've died and gone to Neverland! SKULL ROCK!! Amazing! Little details at DLP look super neat!

Something amusing we noticed in the lounge is the helium balloon graveyard they have.

Oh my goodness! too funny!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Thunder Mountain is so much better in the dark!

I 100% agree! Same with SDMT.

Super Excited for this TR! :jumping1::jumping2:

We stayed 5 days / 4 nights at the Disneyland Hotel!

Sounds fantastic!! I loved the location of the DLP hotel...I would have loved to stay there when we went but...so $$$$ for us Canadians!!!

This was very closely followed by a two-week trip to Orlando with my boyfriend Jamie to celebrate MY birthday, and the completion of my degree!

So fantastic!!

I hope you enjoy it!

So far so good. Can't wait to read more!!

love little french towns that are away from all the tourists.

That looks so much like...Disney lol

Mary Poppins and the penguins!!!!

How perfect!!

those of you who are still in mourning over the loss of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride…

I would definitely fall in that category...definitely used to be one of my faves.

And it was empty.

The whole place looked so empty...are your pictures misleading or was it really not crowded??? I was at DLP in July so crazy crowds...yours didn't look bad at all!!

the rum filled half the glass!

That's insane. I'd be so in the bag after one of those.

Loving your DLP report, I literally live about 20 minutes from the Eurostar Ashford station yet have never been to DLP :faint:

Hey Katie!!!!!:goodvibes I am so excited to be here for your new TR!:hyper:

SO I had quoted some of the parts of your TR, but the DIS isn't really liking me right now so I can't insert my quotes!:scratchin
Oh well! I can improvise haha

I think it is totally awesome how you and your family went to DLP and then days after you went to Disney World! SO COOL!!!
DLP looks amazing. I dream about going there one day. The resort you stayed at was beautiful as well. And the room:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc my gosh I quoted so many pics from the room. How adorable that they have all of those Disney characters featured! And I love how close the resort is to Disneyland Park.
The castle. My gosh it is breathtaking. And I loved how you were able to see Mary and the penguins!:thumbsup2
The parade looks fun - I love all the characters that were in it!

And the fireworks. I watched all of the videos. It really is breathtaking. My gosh. Just watching those videos right there makes me want to go to DLP even more!

I look forward to keep reading more of your TR! :goodvibes

I'm here and oh my goodness, you wasted no time in getting updates in!

Thankfully, Mother bear said she would drive to my university on Monday morning to hand it in for me. :love2:
I’m not an infant, I swear. I just had more important things to do.

That is so, so awesome. I've had DH turn in a few papers for me as well when I was too sick to do it.

:hug::grouphug:

I had two mini bottles of Chardonnay, which didn’t mix well with my tiredness. I felt quite merry.

I'd say that it mixed quite well!

We somehow got onto the topic of THE DRESS.
Yes, THAT dress.
Dad and I are on team white and gold.
Hannah and James are on team blue and black.
I know it’s totally old news, but I’m still SO mind-blown by it.
(ON WHAT PLANET IS IT BLUE AND BLACK???!!!)

Agh, all I see is Blue and Black! And DH saw White and Gold! What is going on here??

So gorgeous!

Well, Stephane saw a signature on one of the tags from 2009, and in his adorable French accent, he excitedly exclaimed,

“HEY!!! THAT’S ME!!!”

That is hilarious!

I can definitely see some similarities with the GF. So pretty!

I love it! Over at Disneyland (Anaheim), the other park is somewhat similar, having a direct entrance into DCA from the Grand Californian Hotel. So essentially there are two entrances into the park which is pretty cool

WE’RE HERE.
I'm already running off :rotfl:

Uhh, so empty?!

The penguins too??? :worship::faint:

Mary said hello to me with a huge smile, and then she turned straight to the camera…..
From that little “hello”, it appeared that Mary had been in France for too long… Because she had a bit of an accent…..
Which is probably why she doesn’t engage in conversations…..
I think she may have forgotten how to speak English….
I’m sure you all know what I’m saying :laughing:

:rotfl2:

It is quite a beautiful castle! I love the hills on the side too.

That Croque Moiseur looks amazing!

(Although I haven’t seen the other Sleeping Beauty castle in person yet.)

After seeing MK's castle and DLP's castle, you'd be like, "Oooh...that's....cute." It's so little and petite but has lots of character! :cutie:

orry to all you American fans out there,
But Thunder Mountain is SO much better at Disneyland Paris!!

Alright, i'm CHALLENGING you to try out DLR's Thunder Mountain! Ugh I wish I had enormous amounts of money, i'd fly you out just to ride it and compare!

This video seriously cracks me up!

I love the laughing
:rotfl:

We walked straight through Fantasyland, but I did stop to take a photo for those of you who are still in mourning over the loss of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride…

Okay, this is my last annoying plug for DLR. We got it and I love it! So please come one day!:goodvibes

YES!!! I love how into it they are!

Now that is impressive.

Not gonna lie, I miss the old version. It just brings back so many memories of riding with my entire family when I was little. I'm assuming they'll change over eventually and there will be no old version anymore:sad: Now I need to go to DLP for this!

I LOVE THIS! I think this movie is absolutely darling and I love that they incorporated them here since they're no where else...at least not that I can think of?:scratchin

Those are really cute touches!

Yep, that is a fancy pants bathroom. The detailing in the mirror is gorgeous!

Sleep is for the weak!

::yes::

RIP Mickey, Minnie, Pooh and whoever else is up there.

Here’s some video footage I put together with the parade soundtrack.

And it's in English?! :banana: I'd be LOST if all they spoke was French.

Yeah that is creepy.

Something that was really weird to me, was that when I called to make some dinner reservations, the CM told me that, because it’s such a quiet time at Disneyland Paris, the table service restaurants in the park were only open for lunch…..

What the heck?! Is it that dead that they don't have enough guests to fill the restaurants?! That is really hard to believe. So September is low season, do you know of other months like this?

(Watch this video for the good of your health!!!!)

Wow! Okay that finale is pretty darn spectacular! :bitelip:

Hi Katie!

You are so super cute. I lurked through your entire 'Jolly Holidays' trip report and enjoyed every second. Looking forward to reading about your most recent escapades. Great start so far.

Funny story: I don't post very often but I lurk A LOT. So just earlier I decided to comment on two people's posts in the GF thread (hubby and I are staying RPC in March), and I was reminded of how you are always multiple quoting people, and I having NEVER done it before was nervous, but I figured you seem to be such a pro at it that I should give it a try. And lo! I quoted two people! I guess I should be contributing the unexpectedly super easy quote button in the updated DIS for my feat, but in a weird way it was always seeing you do it that even made me attempt it! So, thanks. :)

Now to figure out how to 'subscribe' to your thread. I've been lurking for YEARS - you'd think I'd be more familiar with all the abilities of this forum. ;)

- Carey

Here!

Such a cute picture!

September 12th was the day I completed my Master’s degree!

:cheer2::cheer2:party:party::dancer::cool1: Congrats!!

Jamie was already planning our next trip THE DAY we got home…

The best way to combat Disney Depression is to start planning a new trip :goodvibes

We stopped at a service station for a cup of tea, because you know, we’re British.

I wish tea was more of a thing here. I pretty much can't live without it.

3o85xvgnZafHvlQO8U.gif

We parked up the car, checked into our hotel, and went straight to the bar (of course!)

THAT sounds like a fantastic time!

22699671096_abd9e1a974_b.jpg

IT’S PINK.

:lovestruc

Perfect!

International parks seem to have way better characters, they need more in Florida.

It’s pretty “out there”, but in my opinion it’s both whimsical and elegant – and the perfect amount of both.

22736736691_1a6c672d16_c.jpg

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

The story is that Peter Pan’s shadow escapes and breaks the second star (at the top of the castle) so all the magic spills out. The shadow then goes through a bunch of Disney scenes, while Peter searches for it in order to fix the star… Or something like that.
The narration is split between English and French, but I’m fairly sure that’s what’s going on :laughing:

Peter Pan is my absolute favorite, this sounds so magical and perfect and I don't understand French but it would still be so great!

Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter